142     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 325     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 685     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you think the likelihood of his approval ratings shooting up like Colombian cocaine are over this?

They won't, because the Sun has washed themselves of him...again.

But seriously, I think this will really do some damage. I also wonder if Doug will continue to run his campaign after he was made to look like a fool yet again.

Y'know, I was thinking of the whole "what if Ford drunk-drives and kills somebody" scenario--and more in terms of how *he'd* handle it, on the spot (presuming he survived w/o serious injury). I almost have that feeling that if he gets cornered, the-jig-is-up style, he'll go bonkers. Literally, bonkers. Ripping his clothes off, screaming, whatever, to the point where the police'd need to elephant-gun or taser him. And once in protective custody, it'd be in some kind of padded-cell-type environment where he'd be screaming, pooping and peeing himself, curling up like a fetus, etc etc--any surveillance videos of him would make the Ashley Smith inquest blush.

Well, I don't know about *that* extreme. But still; it'd no longer be any laughing matter. Not just what he does, but how he (and his family) handles it...

So he's still driving around drunk?

I hope he wraps himself around a pole. Any day now. Thanks, universe.

I don't care that this may sound terrible, but as I said before, if it was me, I'd have had my face stomped to the curb by the coppers ten times over by now and this entitled slob gets a free pass. What the coppers won't take care of the universe will.

Last edited:
This ain't going to change anything. After talking to some voters, they don't really care about things like that. They are still solidly behind him. I think what we need to be scared of is this clown getting reelected.

I have zero faith in the 39% of this city that keeps on answering positively to those polls, none. I'm going to say his support stays steady, but the pessimist in me says that there will be a tick up. I really don't think that people give a crap what he does anymore and as long as they keep on repeating talking points, people will keep on saying they'll vote for him.

I'd say he's still got a solid 20% of the voters behind him.

That seems consistent with the last polls I've seen. What does it say about Toronto when Ford is supported by around one voter in five after all this? I mean, I've assumed this is a reasonably intelligent city and I've made a life here on that basis. But what if Ford is the true voice and face of Toronto? There are a lot of progressive, well run, and warmer cities out there in the world. Maybe it's time to give up and leave.

I keep hearing the song that South Park created to parody the kony2012 situation in my head and wondering how long before rofo has is 'san diego' moment.

Y'know, I was thinking of the whole "what if Ford drunk-drives and kills somebody" scenario--and more in terms of how *he'd* handle it, on the spot (presuming he survived w/o serious injury). I almost have that feeling that if he gets cornered, the-jig-is-up style, he'll go bonkers. Literally, bonkers. Ripping his clothes off, screaming, whatever, to the point where the police'd need to elephant-gun or taser him. And once in protective custody, it'd be in some kind of padded-cell-type environment where he'd be screaming, pooping and peeing himself, curling up like a fetus, etc etc--any surveillance videos of him would make the Ashley Smith inquest blush.

Well, I don't know about *that* extreme. But still; it'd no longer be any laughing matter. Not just what he does, but how he (and his family) handles it...
Addiction and mental health are very interrelated.
One thing that happens in dysfunctional families is that the stress and dysfunction gets 'dumped' in a hierarchical way from parents to oldest child and down the line.
Robbie could have been dumped on the most, because he is the youngest.
The Ford family is really and truly fucked with all of the children messed up in their own way.
We have seen how Mama Ford is. She could very well have been an alcoholic while the kids were young, setting the stage for their addiction issues, and perhaps contributing to some stage of FAS.
But Ford Senior must have also been severely dysfunctional, for all the kids to turn out to be addicts/pathological liars. Perhaps that is where the mental health issues originate. Who knows?
All we know is that a whole city is being held captive by a family's dysfunction, addiction, and possible criminal behaviour.
There is a spectrum of outside spectators watching someone break down, where addiction and mental health crises go from funny curiosities, to concerning incidents to fear-inducing events.
I think we as a city just moved from oh isn't this funny to I am concerned that this guy is a danger.
I hope we don't get to the I am afraid this guy is going to murder a little kid with his drunk driving.

That's what I've always believed. Delusional personalities can not stand to be forced to look in the mirror. Ford will go down in a burning shit ball of flames - Jim Layey style "Propane propane" ...ultimately ending up with dynamite strapped to his chest.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldoT2mHubGE

Too bad this didn't surface closer to the election. Unfortunately in 9 months time lots of people won't care or remember and will vote for him. I still can't believe how many stupid people there are in Toronto.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back