News   Jun 27, 2024
 680     1 
News   Jun 27, 2024
 438     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 3m

Got an FOI back from the city on Rob Ford's staffer emails from May and June 2013 - around start of crack video #TOpoli

Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 2m

Rob Ford staff emails: More than 7,000 pages of emails, 743 pages severed due to freedom of information act & City of #Toronto Act #TOpoli

and:

Daniel Dale ‏@ddale8 6m

Likely mayoral candidate Olivia Chow is going on possible mayoral candidate John Tory's radio show on Newstalk at 5 p.m.

ha! starting a sentence aimed at a Ford supporter with "you do realize...." is a fool's game. The answer is always no.

Ha! I walked right into that one.

With Ford and his acolytes, the conversation is always and only ever about what they think it's about. Any time you point out that the subject is in fact Y and not X, the general reaction is 'Enh, same thing, don't know, don't care, nuance is for downtown elites, etc.'.

Hopefully the Scott MacIntyre angle will be revealed in Doolittle's book.
I heard there's a lot of dirt on Renata in the book.

The RD Interview: Robyn Doolittle Talks Rob Ford

The story continues to unfold. Why put out a book now?

There’s not a ton of room in news*paper articles, and the real story 
of Rob Ford involves stringing it 
all together from his time in high school up until now. Why is he the way he is? How did this flawed, flamboyant, bombastic personality get elected mayor of the fourth largest city in North America? My book looks back at how we got there and the whirlwind of the last two and a half years. It’s primarily a political biography. I’m hoping that when people are done reading, they’ll have a real understanding of what makes Rob Ford tick and the ambition that permeates his family.

http://www.readersdigest.ca/magazine/rd-interview-robyn-doolittle-talks-rob-ford

Beda9ZRCAAAhJlU.jpg

Don Peat and MayorRobFrod are posting a number of photos of these emails today but I can't paste them all here.

https://twitter.com/reporterdonpeat/status/425407835120214016/photo/1

So far I haven't seen anything really earth shattering but it's interesting to see how the staff tries to deal with Ford, knowing he's inept.

Attachments

• Beda9ZRCAAAhJlU.jpg
    Beda9ZRCAAAhJlU.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 414
Last edited:
I imagine if we put a hidden camera in most folks homes we'd hear some nasty things. It doesn't matter if he's an elected official, except we find it more interesting.

Really, Beez? You rant like Ford in private? Wow. Let me state categorically that the missus & I, despite some pretty good raised voice arguments over the years with each other and others, have never been close to Ford in that video.

I try to avoid Sun comment boards like the plague but if I had, I'd have missed this:

From 4dNation4Ever...
look [sic] the fact is that Rob Ford apologized and will easily be relected [sic] for an other [sic] terms [sic], it's as simply [sic] as that. Probably even 3-4 more terms and into the 2030's [sic].
Imagine the billion's [sic] saved by that point! And alls [sic] you lefty's [sic] wanna do is keep talking about the so-called crack video, that's last years [sic] Story [sic]!!!!! Now that that's [sic] over let's focus again on saving another billion dollar's [sic] for the taxpairs [sic].

Does Ford give out free commas with his fridge magnets?
This is probably a bit below average, literacy-wise, for your average Ford Nation stalwart. But not by much, I suspect.

(I see that guy is all over the boards he is so sincerely functionally illiterate and stupid I'm wondering if he's actually an anti-Ford troll...I mean, he doesnt even know what year the election is! Read more comments and you tell me:
the fact of the matter is, Don Peat is now working undercover for Lieberal news papers who are trying to undemocractically remove Ford but the people are tired of all the Progda journalism and can see right throw it.

FORD MORE YEAR'S!! 2015

I herd about an ALLEGED crack video ... but nothing real. Do you have a u-tube link for this video so I can see it?

lol I bet it's a link to some fake video made by Ford hater's .... lol you guy's are so pathettic, it's getting sad now the desperation.

It's an act, right?

Last edited:
Forgive me for asking a dumb question, but has anyone ever FOI'd RoFo's emails? Has it been done, or is it even possible? I can't help but wonder if his staff allows him to send them on his city account.

yes yes and yes... The release is happening right now, today, the e-mails cover the time right around the crack tape revelation there are about 7000 pages with 750ish held back. Don Peat is tweeting some of the more interesting ones as he plows through the pile... So is Jamie Strashin... Mostly interesting, but nothing new.

yes yes and yes... The release is happening right now, today, the e-mails cover the time right around the crack tape revelation there are about 7000 pages with 750ish held back. Don Peat is tweeting some of the more interesting ones as he plows through the pile... So is Jamie Strashin... Mostly interesting, but nothing new.

So, these are more than staff emails in this release?

According to Peat's article on the Sun, no:

In the wake of Ford's crack cocaine scandal, the Sun filed freedom of information requests for e-mails sent in May and June from the mayor's staffers including his chief of staff Mark Towhey, press secretary George Christopoulos, spokesman Isaac Ransom and David Price, his then director of logistics and operations. All four staffers no longer work for Ford.

It seems to me if Ford's emails were included, Peat would have mentioned that.

Sorry mis-read your original post...
The release is e-mails out of the mayor's office. Haven't seen any actually from him. But if he was e-mailing from the office they would be in this pile. (I'm not sure Ford e-mails much, and based on the staff mail back and forth they were pretty much working around him so they were probably actively discouraging him from e-mail, but I really get the feeling he would have been avoiding it without their advice.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back