779     3 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 923     1 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 640     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree. But I've always thought that the story journalists should get behind more consistently is how the office of the mayor has been compromised. Among other examples, this video - beyond the sensationalism - is an example of how Ford has allowed untrustworthy and potentially damaging people close to him. Again.

If how he has compromised the office was the common thread that permeated through every scandalous thing he's done or will do, I think that would be one single, easy-for-the-masses-to-understand, message that might take flight. However, I feel that message always seems to get watered down behind his boorish antics, which he essentially shrugs off.

Rob Ford on November 5, 2013: "I have nothing left to hide".

If those words don't come back to bite him in the ass come election time, I'm moving to Jupiter.

I don't get it with this guy at all. He absolutely didn't need to say that. Nobody could say that, least of all RoFo. He just leaves himself open to "get bitten in the ass" later on.

If how he has compromised the office was the common thread that permeated through every scandalous thing he's done or will do, I think that would be one single, easy-for-the-masses-to-understand, message that might take flight.
"It's actually no one's business what happens in my office" - Rob Ford
Another quote that really needs to bite, no, kick him in the ass. Hard.

I agree. Maybe the media let him off the hook because he was clearly jacked up on coke and they just took it as insane ramblings rather than serious threats towards someone? Or maybe it just became a dead end. http://www.torontomike.com/2013/05/the_comment_from_rinse_about_r.html

Hell, they didn't even say anything when the video of the juice-throwing incident came out and it became clearly visible that he was LYING about being struck ('That stings, man' or 'My eye! I'm not supposed to get flavoured iced tea in it!' or whatever he said at the time). He really must have wanted to use the incident to symbolically stick it to the anti-Ford downtown elite but he couldn't make it work.

Agree. But I've always thought that the story journalists should get behind more consistently is how the office of the mayor has been compromised. Among other examples, this video - beyond the sensationalism - is an example of how Ford has allowed untrustworthy and potentially damaging people close to him. Again.

If how he has compromised the office was the common thread that permeated through every scandalous thing he's done or will do, I think that would be one single, easy-for-the-masses-to-understand, message that might take flight. However, I feel that message always seems to get watered down behind his boorish antics, which he essentially shrugs off.

+1000

It's still really bothering me that the video in which Ford described how he would kill someone with his bare hands was neither plausibly explained by Ford nor analyzed critically by anyone in the media. It didn't occur to Ford to say that that was a highly inappropriate way to talk about anyone, especially when you're an elected official? No journalist wants to delve further into what Ford's statements really referred to?

This is an interesting video of largest city in Canada's mayor.
http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2013/11/07/mayor_rob_ford_caught_in_video_rant.html

It is a video of RoFo preparing for a drug purchase.

The Star transcription is close but...
Ford says, "Birds, birds, birds, ....just little birds.." RoFo is insulted. Birds are small time dealers.
....This is fucked Daddy...my brother Randy walks with the purse." Randy having purse is more money big time dealer.
"Likee 80 yr. old bird." is someone of great experience.

RoFo is playing big time dealer FWIW.

Rob Ford on November 5, 2013: "I have nothing left to hide".

If those words don't come back to bite him in the ass come election time, I'm moving to Jupiter.

Ford's words won't bite him in the ass, because he's not a serious person. A Trudeau, Wynne or a Harper are expected to use words thoughtfully and honestly, and are held accountable when they do not. Not Robbie. He'll lie about the crack smoking, lie about getting iced tea in his eye, lie about a reporter taking photos of his kids in his backyard. He'll voluntarily discuss, with news cameras aimed right at him, the enormous amount of vagina he gets to eat at home. And he never pays a price for any of it. He's like one of those man-child athletes ("Manny being Manny") who isn't taken seriously, even by his own fans/supporters.

I don't get it with this guy at all. He absolutely didn't need to say that. Nobody could say that, least of all RoFo. He just leaves himself open to "get bitten in the ass" later on.

I don't think his parents raised him to understand the notion of consequences, so he just says what (he thinks) sounds good in the moment.

http://www.montrealgazette.com/business/Bixi+files+bankruptcy+protection/9408589/story.html

MONTREAL — Bixi has filed for bankruptcy protection, but the city still hopes to operate the bike-sharing service on Montreal streets this year.

The city of Montreal, which controls the non-profit company, made the announcement Monday at a briefing for reporters.

yep :)

yet another Rob Ford was right....

You do realize that Ford was referring to BIXI as it operates in Toronto, right? BIXI in Montreal has a different legal/operating structure.

You do realize that Ford was referring to BIXI as it operates in Toronto, right? BIXI in Montreal has a different legal/operating structure.

ha! starting a sentence aimed at a Ford supporter with "you do realize...." is a fool's game. The answer is always no.

It's unbelievable and it ties into Doug's populist rant that the 'Ford's aren't politicians' - the mere suggestion that they are politicians he says, is an insult. To f'n'nation that amounts to a get of jail free card with no limits. It's a pretty ingenious slight of hand, but one that is only possible when the electorate is comprised of some of the stupidest people on the planet. This circumstance makes Torontonians - and by default all Canadians, look like complete idiots. And it has also downgraded civilization in Canada as we know it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back