7     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 801     3 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 936     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like Ford is going through his cycle of facial expressions: discomfort, arrogant smirking, boredom, resentment, a few dumbly vacant looks and some kind of glassy-eyed high.

i finally took a moment to watch this, and he definitely looks like he's on stimulants. makes me wonder if he's taking too many diet pills.

Post-ice storm, the real damage has been done. By Rob Ford.

Under Ford’s predecessors, some progress was made. The province began funding some of the programs they had foisted on cities. Toronto was given new powers to raise revenues. Queen’s Park actually started to acknowledge that public transit was a thing for which they might be responsible.

But then came Ford, who turned all these efforts upside down. The problem with Toronto wasn’t the raw deal the city was getting from the province, he explained, but rather that there was a person paid union wages to water the plants at city hall. As Ford gained in the polls, the city’s weighty institutional issues were overshadowed by dozens of nickel-and-dime problems.

http://metronews.ca/voices/urban-co...rm-the-real-damage-has-been-done-by-rob-ford/

Last edited:
"Toronto, where the rappers are polite, and the Mayor smokes crack."

[video=dailymotion;x19xph3]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x19xph3_drake-monologue-snl-1-18-14_fun?start=18[/video]

Ford's teeth? Slow news day, indeed. When is the cachet ladies story coming out? When is Ford going to be arrested? Doolittle's book is out in a couple of weeks, so there's that to look forward to, at least, for now.

Ford's teeth? Slow news day, indeed. When is the cachet ladies story coming out? When is Ford going to be arrested? Doolittle's book is out in a couple of weeks, so there's that to look forward to, at least, for now.

It's still really bothering me that the video in which Ford described how he would kill someone with his bare hands was neither plausibly explained by Ford nor analyzed critically by anyone in the media. It didn't occur to Ford to say that that was a highly inappropriate way to talk about anyone, especially when you're an elected official? No journalist wants to delve further into what Ford's statements really referred to?

It's still really bothering me that the video in which Ford described how he would kill someone with his bare hands was neither plausibly explained by Ford nor analyzed critically by anyone in the media. It didn't occur to Ford to say that that was a highly inappropriate way to talk about anyone, especially when you're an elected official? No journalist wants to delve further into what Ford's statements really referred to?
I agree. Maybe the media let him off the hook because he was clearly jacked up on coke and they just took it as insane ramblings rather than serious threats towards someone? Or maybe it just became a dead end. Obviously Ford wasn't going to explain himself in detail, the other people in the video aren't talking. Nowhere left to go.

I wish the mystery of "rinse" would be solved. Who is he? Why has he not said more? http://www.torontomike.com/2013/05/the_comment_from_rinse_about_r.html

I imagine if we put a hidden camera in most folks homes we'd hear some nasty things. It doesn't matter if he's an elected official, except we find it more interesting.

I agree. Maybe the media let him off the hook because he was clearly jacked up on coke and they just took it as insane ramblings rather than serious threats towards someone? Or maybe it just became a dead end. Obviously Ford wasn't going to explain himself in detail, the other people in the video aren't talking. Nowhere left to go.

I wish the mystery of "rinse" would be solved. Who is he? Why has he not said more? http://www.torontomike.com/2013/05/the_comment_from_rinse_about_r.html

Plus a myriad of other unanswered questions from the ITO. Hopefully these will be addressed in forthcoming mayoral candidate debates and other candidates will keep up the pressure for RoFo to come up with some plausible explanations. I mean, the guy can't possibly keep stonewalling or obfuscating, can he?

Rob Ford on November 5, 2013: "I have nothing left to hide".

If those words don't come back to bite him in the ass come election time, I'm moving to Jupiter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back