1.6K     1 
News   Jul 10, 2024
 602     0 
News   Jul 10, 2024
 895     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
The known reasons for Ford's dismissal are more than enough. The casual racism of his statements are quite awful directed towards a bunch of schoolkids he claimed to be helping. If the police were by that time on to any of Ford's low rent criminal associations, then that would be reason to notify the school of the coach's double life. Have there been any rumours of steroids? Ford was very focused on winning, has never let ethics or responsibility or good sense interfere with his needs, and he had two drug dealers hanging around. The possibility of any drug activity would be concern enough to dismiss him.

Agreed. I'm also sure that they are (justifiably) terrified that they will be sujected to lawsuits if the full extent of this story comes out.

There are still a tons of unanswered questions about basic details such as what was Bosco's role in helping Payman make it past/around/under the background check. Christ, I can't even remember how many names and spellings he has.

In some respects, I feel bad for Bosco. They probably aren't overburdened with cash, so when a millionaire comes along and offers to bankroll their football program, it's understandable why they would go for it. What likely happened is that he made the football program his personal fifedom and the school didn't ask too many questions.

Keep in mind that they fired him when Grade-A morons like Doug Holyday were still putting out crap like the video might be fake. My instincts with Ford, which rarely prove wrong, tell me that it's always worse than what appears on the surface.

Wow Robbie looks angry at the beginning. I'm wondering if he thought he's the one who should have been the focus of the press conference (this thought is also backed up by his walking in late, in front of Mayor McCallion like the temper tantrumy baby he is). I thought Mayor McCallion did a fantastic job, especially in response to Ford's attempt at politicking. I hope that the news agencies followed up every clip of Rob talking about the Premiere with Mayor McCallion talking about the correct process.

Notice how Ford kept moving his head all the time, and making weird faces. What an embarrassment.

Walking in front of Mayor McCallion would be like walking in front of any world leader speaking at the U.N.. You don't do that for anyone. If you have to, you walk BEHIND the speaker, or better yet BEHIND everyone else.

He is simply clueless, raised by wolves.:rolleyes:

Notice how Ford kept moving his head all the time, and making weird faces. What an embarrassment.

I wonder if he handed out magnets to the other mayors? I would have killed to have been in that meeting to see how he interacted with the other mayors. He has no social skills at all and I'm sure they all kept their distance.

This is the effect that Ford has on our public discourse. 18 other mayors are trying to do serious work and he's the kid in the back of the class lighting his farts on fire. And guess who gets the media's attention.

And way to go with the "I represent the biggest city" line. I'm sure the other mayors loved that. More importantly, you don't. Were there any other Deputy Mayors at the meeting? No. Just the one who was given all your old powers because council overwhelming doesn't trust you.

Or he was being deliberately disruptive, acting like a childish asshole for God only knows what reason. Maybe he was bored? Resentful of having to be there, particularly if he had nothing to gain by it?

As for all the speculation about Don Bosco, and the reasons behind Ford getting the boot from his coaching position, wasn't Ford let go at a previous gig as high school football coach because he physically assaulted a student? Does anyone know more about that?

No he wasn't. He was raised by Diane and Doug Ford Sr. We've seen what kind of person Diane is, but I dearly wish someone would write a book about Doug Sr. My strong suspicion is that we're all paying the price for awful, awful parenting.

This is the effect that Ford has on our public discourse. 18 other mayors are trying to do serious work and he's the kid in the back of the class lighting his farts on fire. And guess who gets the media's attention.

And way to go with the "I represent the biggest city" line. I'm sure the other mayors loved that. More importantly, you don't. Were there any other Deputy Mayors at the meeting? No. Just the one who was given all your old powers because council overwhelming doesn't trust you.

Bingo. He was a child among adults. Grandstanding, taking stabs at Wynne, who will end up paying for our mess. 2/20 had issues with Wynne and the fat fck had to raise his hand. What a clueless loser.

This article from the Star suggests it could be something more. They're still trying to unseal the documents. Notice, for instance, one of the documents that led to his banning was a 2012 letter from Chief Blair. http://www.thestar.com/news/city_ha...keeps_rob_ford_football_documents_secret.html

From the Star article:
Yan has said publicly that the dismissal was related to the interview, but some board officials and Don Bosco staff members had qualms about Ford’s role at the school well before he sat down with the Sun.

The Star requested all records related to the review. At the request of a commission mediator, the board agreed to provide a brief summary of each relevant document.

The documents include: a September 2012 “letter from Toronto Police chief to Don Bosco coach re: police background checkâ€; April 2013 discussions about “staff concerns re: Don Bosco coach’s presence in the schoolâ€; January 2013 emails related to a “meeting about Don Bosco football issuesâ€; and a March discussion about Ford’s requests for “access†to the football team.

They also include a discussion between Yan and Rodrigues about “talking points†for their final city hall meeting with Ford, his chief of staff and Councillor Doug Ford; Yan’s notes for that meeting; September 2012 information related to a “meeting with trustees re: Don Bosco coachâ€; and an April 2013 meeting with Don Bosco staff “about Don Bosco coach’s presence in the school community.â€

Wow, these discussion subjects and the timing of some of the discussions certainly suggest that there were concerns well before the March 2013 TV interview.

No he wasn't. He was raised by Diane and Doug Ford Sr. We've seen what kind of person Diane is, but I dearly wish someone would write a book about Doug Sr. My strong suspicion is that we're all paying the price for awful, awful parenting.

Wolves, I stand by my comment. Awful parenting doesn't begin to describe the Ford legacy. How many large "normal" families do you know where every single kid is screwed up? I've met lots of families where 1 or 2 went astray, but all the Ford kids are messed up, the parents are the answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back