1.6K     1 
News   Jul 10, 2024
 602     0 
News   Jul 10, 2024
 897     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a guy in the locker room a couple of times when I played trying to sell steroids. But I doubt Rob was aware of it. But I did notice on Ford's last team there were multiple 300 pounders. For some perspective, I was one of the top five biggest guys in the league when I played and I was only around 200 pounds.

There's also this:

Rob Ford fitness consultant a convicted steroid trafficker, banned from coaching in Canada

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/1...id-trafficker-banned-from-coaching-in-canada/

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/01/18/its-rob-ford-derangement-syndrome

RFDS is a delusional condition, common among the Ford-Hating Nation, that Toronto’s semi-mayor is the root of all evil and once he’s gone, Toronto will return to its pristine past of municipal harmony, wise civic decisions and informed debate at City Hall.

See how crazy RFDS can make you if you let it?

To illustrate let’s consider some of the complaints from those suffering from RFDS and address them rationally.

For example, their constant wail Ford has embarrassed Toronto globally by smoking crack and lying about it, thus becoming the butt of American late-night talk-show hosts.

So what? Montreal’s mayors keep blowing themselves up amid allegations of far more serious corruption. A former mayor of Laval is charged with gangsterism.

Is this guy serious? It goes on and on with the usual garbage.

There was a guy in the locker room a couple of times when I played trying to sell steroids. But I doubt Rob was aware of it. But I did notice on Ford's last team there were multiple 300 pounders. For some perspective, I was one of the top five biggest guys in the league when I played and I was only around 200 pounds.

By "guy" do you mean one of the players, or a person none of the players knew. If the latter, how did he get into the room without coach's permission?

I'm involved in school/youth sports and you can't just go waltzing into the dressing room.

The article boils down to "Rob Ford is not the worst human being in the world, here are a couple of worse people" -- wow.

Yup. And he was questioned on his alliance with Ford on twitter and said he believes, and still does, that Ford should resign. So why write this crap? He has another article where he's going after Wynne for dealing with the London mayor who is facing charges, but I guess doesn't realize that he is still the mayor of London, not Mayor in name only like Ford.

Everyone wants their 15 min. If they can't get them themselves then they ride on someone else's coat tails.

The article boils down to "Rob Ford is not the worst human being in the world, here are a couple of worse people" -- wow.

Yep, comparative logic. Finally admit guilt for something, apologize, but claim that it could be worse, and then drop a name like Stalin, Hitler, etc. or a popular scapegoat.

Robbie and Dougie do this with their intrigues.

Last edited:
Rob Ford and Hazel McCallion Split-Screen GTA Mayor's Ice Storm Press Conference

[video=youtube_share;7uuKmmBPvnA]http://youtu.be/7uuKmmBPvnA[/video]

The show of hands was at the 9:30 mark, only the Brampton and Toronto mayors did. Hazel's remark about the PM is at the 11:30 mark.

It looks like Ford is going through his cycle of facial expressions: discomfort, arrogant smirking, boredom, resentment, a few dumbly vacant looks and some kind of glassy-eyed high.

Yup. And he was questioned on his alliance with Ford on twitter and said he believes, and still does, that Ford should resign. So why write this crap? He has another article where he's going after Wynne for dealing with the London mayor who is facing charges, but I guess doesn't realize that he is still the mayor of London, not Mayor in name only like Ford.

Goldstein is such a gutless, disingenuous weasel. He's got that infuriating Fordian relativism going. Apparently, because the people that the Star asked about Ford didn't mention ORNGE or the gas plants, it means the elites aren't sufficiently outraged about those things, regardless of the fact that serious crimes are involved and that both ORNGE and the gas plants are still under investigation.

He also wants us to believe that the money wasted by the provincial Liberals over the past decade (which he puts at $4 bn) should have been used to bury hydro wires, as if he's really been concerned about that all this time. Funny, I've never heard him or any other Toronto-bashing Sun scribes express that concern for older downtown areas before.

It must burn him and the others up to have to go back on supporting Ford but I guess it's too tempting not to keep milking that Fordite resentment, realizing that Ford is damaging to the city but unable to give up being JATHA (just another Toronto-hating asshole).

Or he was being deliberately disruptive, acting like a childish asshole for God only knows what reason. Maybe he was bored? Resentful of having to be there, particularly if he had nothing to gain by it?

As for all the speculation about Don Bosco, and the reasons behind Ford getting the boot from his coaching position, wasn't Ford let go at a previous gig as high school football coach because he physically assaulted a student? Does anyone know more about that?

Rob Ford was asked to stop coaching football at a Toronto school after an incident with a student player, say board officials.

http://www.thestar.com/news/city_ha..._a_football_coach_at_toronto_high_school.html

Rob Ford never assaulted me: former player

http://news.nationalpost.com/2010/07/28/rob-ford-never-assaulted-me-former-player/

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/01/18/its-rob-ford-derangement-syndrome

Lorrie Goldstein is not incorrect. The situation in Montreal is far more serious, as it's systemic corruption, rather than what appears to be simply one or two individuals here.

However that doesn't excuse Lorrie Goldstein's bizarre support for a wife-beating bigot. I can only assume that Lorrie Goldstein is also a wife-beating bigot. I can't think of any explanation why someone who isn't ignorant would continue to be shilling for Ford.

Lorrie Goldstein is not incorrect. The situation in Montreal is far more serious, as it's systemic corruption, rather than what appears to be simply one or two individuals here.

However that doesn't excuse Lorrie Goldstein's bizarre support for a wife-beating bigot. I can only assume that Lorrie Goldstein is also a wife-beating bigot. I can't think of any explanation why someone who isn't ignorant would continue to be shilling for Ford.

We still don't know everything Ford has done since it only comes out in bits and pieces and he only admits things when his back is up against the wall. I don't follow Montreal politics but I'm not really worried about how things are going there or how Montrealers feel. Goldstein can say he isn't aligned with him but I think he's full of it.

I can only assume that Lorrie Goldstein is also a wife-beating bigot.
Not that I wish to align myself with Ford the alleged wife-beating bigot or anyone who supports him, but this is a bit of McCarthyist logic above. You're way too free with the labeling.

We still don't know everything Ford has done since it only comes out in bits and pieces and he only admits things when his back is up against the wall. I don't follow Montreal politics but I'm not really worried about how things are going there or how Montrealers feel. Goldstein can say he isn't aligned with him but I think he's full of it.

For all the problems going on in Montreal and London, neither of those mayors have made those cities international laughing stocks. There is corruption......and then there is STUPIDITY and corruption.

For all the problems going on in Montreal and London, neither of those mayors have made those cities international laughing stocks. There is corruption......and then there is STUPIDITY and corruption.

Stupidity, corruption, crack use, and heavy drinking. Fixed that for you:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back