1.3K     0 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 1.2K     12 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 577     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
SecretSquirrel, round 2 of bobblehead distribution. The line up has wrapped around the building outside.

I'm guessing mostly Ford Nation followers are in the line up, except for collectors. But then, why don't the followers have a job to go to if they are in the lineup during business hours?:confused:

I'm guessing mostly Ford Nation followers are in the line up, except for collectors. But then, why don't the followers have a job to go to if they are in the lineup during business hours?:confused:
Doug Ford opens his big mouth when citizens come to City Hall during work hours to criticize the mayor. But today, not a peep.

Duh, they're all commie, pinko, union, welfare, non-taxpaying, lazy, gravy-loving, librarian, artsy, latte-sipping, bike-riding, downtown elitists.

Don't you read Pravda? Get a hold of yourself! ;)

Just goes to show the logic is weak with Doug Ford.

Doug Ford opens his big mouth when citizens come to City Hall during work hours to criticize the mayor. But today, not a peep.

Was that really supposed to be a pro-Ford rally? Gotta like the tea party right, they are not the types to protest a freaking thing. Happy to live in utter ignorance while the whine and shout from the side lines. They would also be the first to join up to bash in heads at any protest. Silly people.

Was that really supposed to be a pro-Ford rally? Gotta like the tea party right, they are not the types to protest a freaking thing. Happy to live in utter ignorance while the whine and shout from the side lines. They would also be the first to join up to bash in heads at any protest. Silly people.

That looks like a lookalike from my potato. The face on that rofo doesn't look jowly. I could be wrong.

So now that prostitution is legal in Canada, does this mean this is one vice we cannot attack Ford for? Well, besides the whole cheating on his wife thing, of course.

Prostitution itself was already legal; it's the other laws around it that have been struck down (but not yet rewritten): http://thestar.com/#!/news/supreme-...itution-laws/b7daf4fe03c984214887a5f666f48639

There will, I expect, be moral condemnation from his supporters if Ford turns out to be associated with prostitution.

Why would you expect that?

There's been no particular moral condemnation from his supporters for anything he's done.

Because his supporters are morally bankrupt.

Indeed. Regardless of what he's linked to there will always be some roundabout loopy argument to explain why it isn't so bad. If that fails just deny, deny, deny and then start shouting obscenities.

Seriously if you ever want to get flamed just go on twitter, find an angry Ford supporter ranting about the media and politely ask them to explain to you what facts exactly the Toronto Star lied about (regarding the crack scandal). The hate will spew forth.

Found this nice rant by an individual upset at the torrent of public support for the homophobic Duck Dynasty guy. What struck me about his rant was how easily it applies to our own little abomination with Ford, his Nation, and Toronto.

His main concern is how the characters on the show are all essentially wealthy yuppies who have created backwoods hillbilly personas, and have as a result, convinced America that they are as they appear on their show. The mirage of being the downtrodden everyman allows them to rake in profits while appearing average, and acts as a 'dog whistle' to their uneducated followers to close ranks in rage filled indignation when their divisive values are challenged. [video=youtube;KW343K1-upo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KW343K1-upo&feature=share[/video]

Forgot to mention, a bit crude. NSFW

Last edited:
Daniel Dale was supposed to be covering this wonderful laundromat event but went to the wrong laundromat!

he probably went to a laundromat that had more than 4 people in it, assuming that there'd be a "crowd" who wanted to see Ford. Didn't the manager of the place say lots of people were wanting Ford to show up? :confused:

what a load of BS.

Found this nice rant by an individual upset at the torrent of public support for the homophobic Duck Dynasty guy. What struck me about his rant was how easily it applies to our own little abomination with Ford, his Nation, and Toronto.

His main concern is how the characters on the show are all essentially wealthy yuppies who have created backwoods hillbilly personas, and have as a result, convinced America that they are as they appear on their show. The mirage of being the downtrodden everyman allows them to rake in profits while appearing average, and acts as a 'dog whistle' to their uneducated followers to close ranks in rage filled indignation when their divisive values are challenged.

yep, same old pack of lies, be it Ford Nation, Tea Party "conservatives", Christian evangelicals, or any populist movement explicitly pitching itself to 'the real people', the 'mainstream', to the 'heartland', with its 'main-street values' and 'everyday heroes', etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back