1.1K     0 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 1.2K     12 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 567     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, maybe I'm just being naïve. I just wanted to believe there was something even the most die-hard Fordite wouldn't forgive Ford for.

Someone referred to the people on the I Hate The War on Mayor Ford FB page as evil. I think of them mostly as disingenuous, irrational and weaselly, but really they just have too much of their intellectual/cognitive capital invested in the idea of Ford being incapable of doing wrong, of every Ford misstep being excusable, and in their concept of what Ford stands for, to even consider changing their minds.

Something the die-hard Ford-ites wouldn't forgive Ford for? If Rob was going into the woods with Lisi to have sex instead of doing drugs. Gay stuff would be crossing the line for them.

This is one of the administrators of the "I hate the war on Rob Ford' page. (admins - I'm not completely sure it's ok to post a photo from facebook like this , so please delete or advise if it's not)
I don't know for sure, but I'd say when someone wears a penis hat AND posts their picture wearing said hat, pretty much anything is fair game. :)

I hope this theory is never tested, but you know that there would always be some who would double down again. Nothing's shocking.

I think Doug Ford is right about Ford Nation's resilience (he said Rob could murder someone on the steps of city hall and people would still support him). If it turned out Ford was a child molester, I expect many of the people currently smearing Daniel Dale, and taunting Kathleen Wynne about Benjamin Levin, would suddenly discover that child molestation is a private matter that has no bearing on Ford's ability to do his job.

I am serious about that. I really think it would happen. I've already seen that line re: the alleged wife-beating -- not "he didn't do it" but "beating his wife is a private matter, who are you to police his morality?"

The hard core of Ford Nation will not be swayed, and there is no depth to which they won't sink. They can only be worked around.

Last edited:
Heard a woman the other day saying to leave Ford alone, it's all just gossip and innuendo and council has better things to do. Sigh.

About that Daniel Dale lawsuit, maybe he should re-up and train the guns on the delightful peanut gallery at 'Hate The War On Ford':

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...comment_id=1186489&offset=0&total_comments=79

Starting with the smarmy twit hosting this libel-fest.

One of the interesting things I noticed on that Facebook group is that some of those people were alluding to the email spat between Gawker's Tom Socca and The Toronto Star's John Cruickshank. I saw various people essentially claiming that it's "proof" the Toronto Star was "out to get" the Mayor. They see it as some kind of smoking gun against the newspaper that was "leaked" by Gawker.

I had never seen this point made anywhere else. I've read the email correspondence in question and I'm completely unsure how that leap of logic was made. It's ugly, petty and ridiculous maybe but nothing in it seems to indicate TheStar was involved in something nefarious.

http://gawker.com/tom-tips-back-special-tom-tips-edition-1458317675

One of the interesting things I noticed on that Facebook group is that some of those people were alluding to the email spat between Gawker's Tom Socca and The Toronto Star's John Cruickshank. I saw various people essentially claiming that it's "proof" the Toronto Star was "out to get" the Mayor. They see it as some kind of smoking gun against the newspaper that was "leaked" by Gawker.

I had never seen this point made anywhere else. I've read the email correspondence in question and I'm completely unsure how that leap of logic was made. It's ugly, petty and ridiculous maybe but nothing in it seems to indicate TheStar was involved in something nefarious.

I think it's because Cruikshank says at one point that "Gawker won't be here when we have a new mayor". In their minds it means that The Star is working to put a new mayor there, fabricating stuff, etc, etc. The fact is that at some point there will be a new mayor other than Rob, right? Or those people think Rob is mayor for life and all eternity? You never know with these people.

Seems someone else caught onto this ladies' charms before me.

I've noticed Ford supporters on their facebook pages like to indulge in the heavy use of posters with quotes or sayings, usually emotional and very definitive in nature. They also like to make exhibitions of their 'morality'. One old guy spouted on about how he donating generously to a food bank - and how the next day he won 25 times the value of the donation. Guess god was watching down on him.

Last edited:
I think Doug Ford is right about Ford Nation's resilience (he said Rob could murder someone on the steps of city hall and people would still support him). If it turned out Ford was a child molester, I expect many of the people currently smearing Daniel Dale, and taunting Kathleen Wynne about Benjamin Levin, would suddenly discover that child molestation is a private matter that has no bearing on Ford's ability to do his job.

I am serious about that. I really think it would happen. I've already seen that line re: the alleged wife-beating -- not "he didn't do it" but "beating his wife is a private matter, who are you to police his morality?"

The hard core of Ford Nation will not be swayed, and there is no depth to which they won't sink. They can only be worked around.

RoFo has made some pretty outlandish claims which seem to reflect aback on him in a classic case of projection.
He called other city councillors 'corrupt', knowing he,. himself is corrupt. He said all women are superficial and money hungry (ie: what they need for xmas), knowing that he is a money hungry, pinny pinching ass.
I wonder if the same could be said for the child molestation?
When confronted with, what I thought was, a man lurking near my back year, the first thing I would think is that he was casing my house to rob it. Not that he was a pedophile. Why did RoFo's mind go there?
It is a serious thing to call someone, of course. And I know it has been brought up before on this forum.
But having worked with people with mental health issues brought on by years of sexual abuse, I wonder if the something similar happened to RoFo and his siblings.

There's your answer: there is no logic to leap to, from or over.

When confronted with, what I thought was, a man lurking near my back year, the first thing I would think is that he was casing my house to rob it. Not that he was a pedophile. Why did RoFo's mind go there?

Although I imagine there's some pretty ugly stuff in RoFo's upbringing, I don't think his mind DID go there initially. I think he came to the pedophile idea only days or months after the incident with Daniel Dale. He didn't mention it at the time; Dale said that Ford yelled "Are you spying on me? Are you spying on me?" (not "Are you spying on my kids?"), and Ford himself said that he was helping his daughter with homework, presumably inside the house, when he was told about Dale being by his fence. Only later did he claim the kids were in the yard.

I don't think he ever sincerely believed Dale was looking at his kids or trying to take pictures of them. I think he was enraged that anyone was aware of, let alone scrutinizing his attempt to buy public land, but he knows that's not sympathetic without some major embellishment. So he said what he said to Conrad Black because it's the worst imaginable spin you can put on Dale's being near his house and the one that justifies his ridiculously over-the-top response. He likes to rewrite history to make himself the hero or the victim, and he likes to cite his kids as the reason he flew into rages or did something else inappropriate (the "enough to eat at home" comment, calling 911 on Mary Walsh, trying to buy public land on the sly, etc.). This was no different. And his followers eat up the "best father around" story, every time.

Last edited:
Although I imagine there's some pretty ugly stuff in RoFo's upbringing, I don't think his mind DID go there initially. I think he came to the pedophile idea only days or months after the incident with Daniel Dale. He didn't mention it at the time; Dale said that Ford yelled "Are you spying on me? Are you spying on me?" (not "Are you spying on my kids?"), and Ford himself said that he was helping his daughter with homework, presumably inside the house, when he was told about Dale being by his fence. Only later did he claim the kids were in the yard.

The most unbelievable part of Ford's initial explanation is that he was helping his kids with their homework.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back