146     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 551     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 947     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ford just ended the day at city hall by labelling council "corrupt" -- I guess he's decided that councillors just need to attend church on a regular basis...

Did he explain why council is corrupt?

Man, I was at City Hall today to get a parking permit and I wished I had ran into His Oafness so I could tell him where I want to stomp my work boots. What a turd.

Yeah, please. Call me biased but this is worse than my and TOperson's drug dealing tangent. It won't lead anywhere enlightening or pretty.

While I was at City Hall today, I noticed Doug on TV, giving an interview. Anyone catch that? He say anything....um....not completely stupid?

Council was stopped early tonight, Mammo was acting up, he was asked to leave, he wouldn't, starting shouting, then Ford got into the act. So much for civility.

and i'd like to just remind everyone that...

York Excavating and GFL, which hauls half of Toronto’s trash, say they’re owed for extra work the contract didn’t cover. The city and partners deny that and are countersuing.

http://www.thestar.com/news/city_ha...over_aquatic_centre_construction_contact.html

also...

U of T engaged in legal battle over Pan Am pool site
Sued for $2 million over extra construction work, university counter-suing for $150,000

York Excavating & Grading Ltd. and Green For Life (GFL) environmental group claim that the university should pay for additional labour, materials, and equipment expended on the project. York and GFL have also sued the City of Toronto for $3.7 million, and the engineering firm Conestoga-Rovers & Associates (CRA) Ltd. for $1.6 million.

http://thevarsity.ca/2013/10/28/u-of-t-engaged-in-legal-battle-over-pan-am-pool-site/

Last edited:
Council was stopped early tonight, Mammo was acting up, he was asked to leave, he wouldn't, starting shouting, then Ford got into the act. So much for civility.

Sooooo....uh, this is why council is corrupt or is Ford talking out of his arse? Never mind, trick question. ;)

It would be interesting if Rob Ford became a born again Christian (but it means that he has to give up his criminal ties and his crack cocaine (and depending on denomination, alcohol as well), and reaffirm his homophobia).

It would indeed be interesting...and bloody hilarious.

I missed that, I watched until about a half an hour into "quick releases" near the end of the meeting then shut it down.
Nunziata said that Bob & Doug were both issued a warning from the Chair, she said they were "very, very apologetic". This was from the chaos they launched during the Council meetings last month. Riiiiiiight.

ONK, your blithe dismissal & wilful misunderstanding of the scientific method in your first sentence made the rest of your unmitigated bullshit understandable. Thanks for the tell. No pondering necessary.

Wish I had read the original ONK post in its entirety before it got nuked.

Wish I had read the original ONK post in its entirety before it got nuked.

I didn't read it either---it was like thirty paragraphs long. Even if it's the most fascinating shit in the world, that's a lot of off-topic material to ask people to actually read. And from what I glanced at, it didn't seem like anything that was really going to make my non-religious ass particularly happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back