262     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 803     1 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 637     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently Ford drove himself to City Hall today. Not sure if that means anything.

It may be to let his new driver burn off some Lieu Time.

If the driver is tasked with picking up and delivering his passenger to and from home each day - including nights, weekends and perhaps even some Stat Holidays ( such as the Remembrance Day service at Old City Hall ) - he could easily go beyond a 35/40 hour work week.

Last edited:
The Fords are WASPs. Renata, like most Poles, is Catholic.

It's not unconceivable that the Fords actually are Catholic, but perhaps just as lapsed Catholics or cultural Catholics. Even if Doug Ford Sr's father came from England, he might not have been Protestant or even Anglo-Saxon - given the prevalence of the names Douglas and Bruce among the males of the family, I don't think it's unreasonable to think they're residually Scottish and again, possibly Catholic. Maybe that comes from Diane Ford (née Campbell, another Scottish name).

Ford is also a common name in Ireland.

While trying to find out Randall Ford's middle name (could it also be Bruce?), I re-read this article:

http://www.thestar.com/news/city_ha...or_mayor_will_tilt_campaign_to_the_right.html

"We’re going to help the people you see laying on the streets. A lot of them are drug addicts or alcoholics. We’re going to get them into a shelter or get them the help they need. I know if I was on drugs I would want somebody to pick me up."

Which of his staffers has that responsibility?

While trying to find out Randall Ford's middle name (could it also be Bruce?), I re-read this article:

http://www.thestar.com/news/city_ha...or_mayor_will_tilt_campaign_to_the_right.html

Reading that article, I found a familiar gem; Ford is talking about the Maple Leafs incident:

Rob Ford back in 2008 said:
“I made a mistake and let’s move on. There’s nothing wrong with my life — I have two beautiful kids, a great wife and she supports me.”

Hardly new, but yet another indication of the same pattern of "misbehave, deny, confess, self-absolve, move on". Forget subways, subways, subways, this is Ford's mantra.

Another gem from that article:

“Rob is a workaholic. He’s up at 7 helping constituents and he doesn’t stop returning calls until 11 at night. But he’s not serving Etobicoke North, he’s serving all of Toronto now. When people anywhere don’t get a response, they call Rob,” says Doug, a more polished version of his brother and a potential candidate to replace him on council.

7 AM to 11 PM! Non-stop! Ha ha ha...

It's not unconceivable that the Fords actually are Catholic, but perhaps just as lapsed Catholics or cultural Catholics. Even if Doug Ford Sr's father came from England, he might not have been Protestant or even Anglo-Saxon - given the prevalence of the names Douglas and Bruce among the males of the family, I don't think it's unreasonable to think they're residually Scottish and again, possibly Catholic. Maybe that comes from Diane Ford (née Campbell, another Scottish name).

Ford is also a common name in Ireland.

"We’re going to help the people you see laying on the streets. A lot of them are drug addicts or alcoholics. We’re going to get them into a shelter or get them the help they need. I know if I was on drugs I would want somebody to pick me up."

Which of his staffers has that responsibility?

i believe randy's middle name is douglas.

Children of Ruth Diane Campbell and Douglas Ford are:

Kathryn Dianne Ford, b. July 14, 1960.
Randall Douglas Ford, b. February 01, 1962.
Douglas Bruce Ford, b. November 20, 1964.
Robert Bruce Ford, b. May 25, 1969.

http://familytreemaker.genealogy.com/users/t/a/y/John-A-Taylor/WEBSITE-0001/UHP-0387.html

Toronto's current status of its government...Where will it lead?

The City of Toronto is living through one of the biggest traumas in its history. A trauma which is by no means over. People who care about the city are angry, frustrated, in shock, giddy, divided, conflicted. Many can't believe that Toronto has found itself in this situation. Only a few people out of the hundreds of thousands of people who have visited this thread really know what is going on. And NO ONE knows what the outcome of the situation is going to be. In other words, S.N.A.F.U*. At the moment, reality is messy, life is messy, people are messed up. Why shouldn't the thread also get messed up? Especially at present, when the next shoe to drop, has yet to drop.

Deepend: This sentence well describes the current status of Toronto's government - and to some extent this topic and I feel
that the rumor mill will only add to more problems here - I am one that will like to see this interesting topic continue...

In short no one knows where this will lead as DeepEnd rightfully mentions...LI MIKE

Much of what is considered 'scientific proof' is largely assumptions that we accept as facts (man-made global warming, for example.) ... Anyway, no responses are necessary. You can just ponder what I have written. This thread should stick to Rob Ford related issues.

ONK, your blithe dismissal & wilful misunderstanding of the scientific method in your first sentence made the rest of your unmitigated bullshit understandable. Thanks for the tell. No pondering necessary.

Someone should create a full family tree of Rob Ford.

Rob Ford's mother's father's mother's father is Conrad Thomas Bongard III, whose paternal grandfather, Johann Konrad Bangert I, is of German descent.

That makes Rob Ford partly of German descent. His ancestry can be traced back to the 17th century.

Ford just ended the day at city hall by labelling council "corrupt" -- I guess he's decided that councillors just need to attend church on a regular basis...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back