203     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 660     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 1.9K     3 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
@gordperks: Words fail. Here is Doug Ford handing out $20s at a public housing building: http://t.co/DngV70mXz3 (see 4:00 - 4:30). What have we become?

When Doug Ford proclaimed Rob Ford as the "White Obama", he neglected to mention that Doug is himself the "White Clay Davis". This is just Doug's "walking around money". Shh**********t, Doug. You sure know how to exploit poor people.

i think this quote says it better...

A police investigation included an examination of images on Dale’s phone, which Ford picked up and handed to the cops after Dale fled, and of security camera footage of Ford’s back yard.

Police found no images on the phone camera of Ford’s kids, yard or house. They found no evidence on the security tape or in interviews that Dale was anywhere near Ford’s yard or had peeked over the fence, as the mayor has often claimed.

The entire incident, if you can call it that, took place in Ford’s imagination

http://www.thestar.com/news/the_fixer/2013/12/how_low_can_rob_ford_go__there_is_no_bottom.html

He said the mayor then charged at him with a cocked fist, prevented him from leaving and demanded he drop his cellphone, which Dale did, along with his tape recorder. Dale then fled the area and called the Star newsroom from a nearby gas station.

Dale said his cellphone battery died shortly before he surrendered his BlackBerry to Ford and police received a call about a “possible trespass” at 8:10 p.m.

Phone records show, however, that someone used Dale’s cellphone at 8:37 p.m. to call Rob Andreacchi, executive assistant to Maria Augimeri and the last person Dale called. Andreacchi did not pick up and at 8:50 p.m. he returned the call, which went unanswered.

According to Dale’s BlackBerry — which police have now returned — he received an email from a Star editor at 8:17 p.m., acknowledging she’d received two sentences Dale wished to add to his story that day.

The editor sent the email at 7:51 p.m., however, which indicates the phone was likely charged shortly around 8:17 p.m., about 25 minutes after Dale’s encounter with Ford.

Police will not charge Daniel Dale over Rob Ford incident

No joke, unfortunately. As mentioned before, when discussing the Ford brothers, it's increasingly difficult to separate the satire from reality. PS. Doug, if you can read this, I need a new plasma TV.

Last edited:
Jado:

After the splashing money episode yesterday, one would be inclined to think much lower yet.

AoD

Just when you think nothing will surprise you, that move of DoFo's was ... Astonishing. So transparent in timing and intent.

Is it that they don't *listen*, or that no decent pr advisor will touch them with a ten foot pole? Methinks both.

I wonder if this can be scrapped without even more penalty charges applying?
‘It’s a billion-dollar boondoggle’: Josh Matlow urges council to hit pause on Scarborough subway
A mid-town councillor wants to press “pause” on the Scarborough subway and take a 0.5% property tax hike earmarked for the project out of next year’s budget.

Councillor Josh Matlow argued that city council had “imperfect” and “incomplete” information leading up to an October decision to approve an extension of the Bloor-Danforth line.

At that time, council endorsed a 0.5% property tax hike in 2014, 0.5% in 2015 and 0.6% in 2016. In addition to sunk costs on an aborted LRT project, estimated at $85-million, and cancelled vehicle contracts, “even more troubling are potentially more expensive unknowns and/or unfunded items associated with the subway extension,” Mr. Matlow wrote in a letter to the budget committee.

He thinks the city should revisit the issue in 2015, after the next election. He plans to bring his proposal forward to city council if it fails at budget committee.

“Ultimately, I have sincere concern that the Bloor-Danforth subway extension is a gas plant on tracks,” Mr. Matlow said in an interview. “It’s a billion-dollar boondoggle. It was based on politics rather than evidence and this is council’s last opportunity to make an evidenced-based decision.”

Budget Chief Frank Di Giorgio seemed ready to listen.

“If he wants to put it off for a year and give relief on the land transfer tax, I’m open to it,” he said.

After the federal government announced funding for the extension in September, Toronto Mayor Rob Ford hailed the deal as “historic.”

“I promised when I was elected mayor that we would build subways. And, folks, that’s another promise made, and another promise kept,” Mr. Ford said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back