4.8K     6 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 2K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 686     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Notice how it is Doug Ford handling out the money (and he isn't running next term) and Rob Ford benefitting from the payout.

AoD

Yeah for sure. But even forgetting about the election for a second Doug is a current, sitting politician. Surely you're not allowed to walk around handing out your personal cash on the streets?

And back to Rob... surely "get your brother to hand out family's cash on the streets" can't be a legal or ethical work around to the situation.

Yeah for sure. But even forgetting about the election for a second Doug is a current, sitting politician. Surely you're not allowed to walk around handing out your personal cash on the streets?

And back to Rob... surely "get your brother to hand out family's cash on the streets" can't be a legal or ethical work around to the situation.

Future Doug Ford quotes:

"Why can't you people get in to the Christmas spirit?"
"What, you think these kids don't deserve a Christmas?"
"Just wanted to make sure the parents could by a couple of pops for themselves."
ad nauseum

'The Death of a Mayor'

This video depicts what would happen to Ford if he had a normal person's moral conscience, but as we've already seen, Ford is incapable of this kind of introspection. When Ford goes down I believe it will be in a burning shitball of flames.

It is scary stuff. If Ford were in a position where he had much greater authority, or absolute control - yikes. I hate to imagine what he would do.

People like to throw out 'Godwin's Law' as though it points out the absurdity of comparing a relatively ordinary situation to Hitler's Third Reich - but I disagree that it's a bad thing. Dark undercurrents are always swirling and we need to be reminded of the human potential to become monsters. Similar atrocities continue to happen - it happened only a few years ago under MiloÅ¡ević and continues to happen in many nations as we speak.

I believe the Ford's are those types of monsters. Especially Doug. Give those guys too much power and some dark times await.

No, I think Godwin's Law is the perfect thing to bring up right about now. These comparisons/insinuations are totally off the mark and far more offensive than anything the so-called trolls of this forum are coming up with. Seems hatred is clouding some people's better judgement around here.

How can this possibly be legal?

On that subject, let's not forget that Doug has gone back and forth on the subject of running again already. It works for his purposes right now to inisist he's not running. But (DUH) he could reverse himself on that at any time. And then, of course, this handout "wouldn't count" because he wasn't running AT THAT TIME.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back