340     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 491     1 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 840     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the common folk got some xmas goodies from Doug today. He was seen peeling off a wad of cash in a west-end apartment lobby today, showering tenants with twenty dollar bills...

Seriously? Any link available?

If true, incredible. Make it rain, Doug! A true man of the people.

He's always talking about the metaphorical "lynchings" the Fords face from the media but the fact that these two assholes haven't been lynched for real kind of amazes me. He also loves bringing up Stalin-era Russia, so I guess he's missing the irony that someone like him would be lucky to get a lifetime of Siberian hard labour, but more likely simply disappeared. Canada, eh? The Ford brothers must wake up and kiss the ground every morning.

Last edited:
Seriously? Any link available?

If true, incredible. Make it rain, Doug! A true man of the people.

He's always talking about the metaphorical "lynchings" the Fords face from the media but the fact that these two assholes haven't been lynched for real kind of amazes me.

Given how Doug's political skills are evolving, it's only a matter of time before he starts showing up at Ward 2 apartments on Saturday nights to demand jus primae noctis.

Bingo - see above. And there is a huge scapegoating element as well - it identifiable other as the enemy.
It would be quite interesting to see whether paramilitary aspects comes into play given his conflict with legitimate law enforcement bodies. I could easily see the thuggery aspects of that seeping in.

Rob's driver filming the goings-on at City Council might count as a step t/w that.

Don't these parallels, while grim to indulge, tend to reinforce the stereotype of the hyperbolic (leave the Bro's inclination towards such aside), anti-'cpmmon sense', Ford-opposing views as not that of the 'v/folks'? Let's recall, we're only dealing with a stupor-ly drunken, crack-smoked, truth-deficient, self-admitted sobriety-lacking vehicle operator here. Not a programatic genocidally-inclined maniac.

He has not, as of yet, been determined to be pogrom-predisposed. But, wait 'til the next ITO. Who the heck knows?

I think the point is more that in this case, if it weren't for all the defaults already in place, we *might* see this kind of direction from the Fords...with a "duuuuhhh" alibi, i.e. they're too dumb to know history.

They're like the kinds of schoolboys who'd draw swastikas on their notebooks to look "badass cool".

Click on the poster's name, then click where it says "view profile"; there you will see an option to add to ignore list

This was palpable. A dearly painful moment for our good Lord. When heaven is not within reach, the gutter must be your sanctuary. Mmmm, tasty.

Black tap dancing and describing his "show" as fluff not worthy of any journalistic effort. I'm sure your bosses are going to love your endorsement. Between that and the solid ridicule it got in the media, you may have a short career.

Black obviously lied when he said he didn't think Ford's implied word was "pedophile". He's lucky she didn't pursue that one, as Black could have been easily put in a corner on that one.

Sorry Conrad...that Ford slime does not wash off that easily. You picked the wrong guy to be an ally of....live with the consequences.

Nope. Free speech is specifically about what you say. Harassment is the way you choose to say it---i.e.: repetitively, threateningly, and abusively. Saying , I don't know---"that's a pretty dress you're wearing" is harmless taken as an isolated out of context statement. But if it's a message left repeatedly on an answering machine or sent in an email to someone who has specifically let it be known they don't want to engage with you, it's harassment.

This is exactly it. GAE has a history of harassing and generally annoying people online even after being asked/told to stop.

On top of that, he's a vandal who spraypaints his 'poetry'/'deep thoughts' on sidewalks, nails it to telephone poles, etc.

You don't understand what free speech is.

Free Speech is the right to offend. Think about it. Speech that is inoffensive doesn't need protection.

That's taking a very reductive view of it. Plenty of speech is subjected to attempts to shut it down even if it isn't 'offensive' per se. Speech needs protection from those who want to silence it not because it necessarily offends them but simply because they don't want (others) to hear it.

This is exactly it. GAE has a history of harassing and generally annoying people online even after being asked/told to stop.

On top of that, he's a vandal who spraypaints his 'poetry'/'deep thoughts' on sidewalks, nails it to telephone poles, etc.

GAE and Ford both seem to be legitimately mentally ill, so it makes sense that they'd have a lot to talk about.

Re: This GAE creature.

So Fatso's on kissy-kissy terms with yet another stalker/harrasser/criminal type? He surely does love to surround himself with creeps, doesn't he?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back