388     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 498     2 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 1.3K     3 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone recall the no longer existing POS homophobe Peter Worthington's scathing piece about Dale's "wimpy" behaviour during the incident. Yep...an entire column on nothing about how unmanly he was (as opposed to the he-man types at the Sun...like Worthington ha ha ha).

Yes I remember that. I guess it takes a real man like Ford to mug a reporter half his size, steal his phone and then make up a slanderous story to cover it up.

Worthington wrote some eye-popping columns in the 80s about the Pride Parade and AIDS. Ãœberdouche.

More good news, Blair has just confirmed that Brazen 2 is ongoing.

Did he actually say that Brazen 2 was ongoing?

I watched a G&M video and he seemed to talk about it in past tense. But then he said something along the lines of "Our job is to conduct investigations without fear or favour and we will continue to do that" which sounds like a general statement not specific to Brazen 2.

But it's entirely possible you saw a longer, more detailed video than I did. The one I saw was definitely edited.

Sorry for entering into a sidebar discussion, but I have to wonder if there is something up with your electricity metering, or some seriously inefficient appliances. In my previous apartment (3 bedrooms with electric baseboard heat), the last electricity bill was under $200, and the only time we would see a $400+ bill would be the one covering January and February. It might be worth looking in to it, at least. (You can also avoid the deposit if you set up an automated bill payment, although I certainly acknowledge that not everyone is in a position to be sure of having the funds to pay on the withdrawal date.)

I think it's probably a mix of bad metering, and inefficient appliances. We got a three hundred dollar bill in the summer and thought that was due to air conditioning/dehumidification but then our first autumn bill after unplugging the AC was the four hundred dollar plus one.

Trying to steer this back to topic, Rob Ford is never going to meaningfully reduce my electric bill. In fact I'd love to see Ford managing a power grid, I think it would be hysterical, except for the ramifications. "Folks we're going to start making electricity work like a business"

I watched a G&M video and he seemed to talk about it in past tense. But then he said something along the lines of "Our job is to conduct investigations without fear or favour and we will continue to do that" which sounds like a general statement not specific to Brazen 2.

But it's entirely possible you saw a longer, more detailed video than I did. The one I saw was definitely edited.

My feed was CP24... they were "right on top of it" as usual... I was thinking to myself "hey - he's smiling while he said that..."

try this clip, from cp 24... http://www.cp24.com/news/ford/ford-brothers-police-chief-set-for-budget-showdown-1.1584557

Curious minds want to know what he said...

A web search for "peter worthington" and "homophobe" will prove enlightening. Blizzard, Claire Hoy, that professional creep Strobel, and other Sun hacks have also written many disgraceful gay-baiting articles over the years in the pages of that worthless rag.

Trying to steer this back to topic, Rob Ford is never going to meaningfully reduce my electric bill. In fact I'd love to see Ford managing a power grid, I think it would be hysterical, except for the ramifications. "Folks we're going to start making electricity work like a business"

Well, there's a horrifying idea.

It would not have been acceptable no matter who he ran over, but she does not look that old to me either. She is a short, grey-haired grandmother, but she is not elderly and frail.

pnp-pam-mcconnell-131118_lead_media_image_1.jpg

She's tough as nails too, perhaps not physically, but she's not afraid to stand up and say how things are - especially with bullies like Ford.

A web search for "peter worthington" and "homophobe" will prove enlightening. Blizzard, Claire Hoy, that professional creep Strobel, and other Sun hacks have also written many disgraceful gay-baiting articles over the years in the pages of that worthless rag.
A year or two ago I remember reading a story in the Sun about the Pride flag raising event and the caption accompanying the photo said something along the lines of "flag raising (yes, we said 'flag')". Brutal.

This is really not true. I mean the stuff about the NHS is true, but British people had terrible teeth long before that and under the NHS before Thatcher. I grew up there in the 60s and 70s, trust me!

You're absolutely right. My time in the UK was in the '70s and '80s and for whatever reason it seemed like people just didn't go to the dentist (I did!), and not because they couldn't afford to or because the services weren't available. It didn't help that kids seemed to eat a LOT of sweets and some adults were putting half a dozen heaping spoonfuls of sugar into every cup of tea.

Some of the hospitals used to be pretty dire, though, even before the funding cuts.

I think we need to stop judging whether McConnell was injured or not based on her size and age. I'm much younger and likely bigger than her and I've pulled a muscle in my back emptying a dishwasher and reaching across my desk at work.

Apologies if this was posted but I just saw this brilliant Jimmy Kimmel piece...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjaN_rkzqvM

What the hell? Toronto Hydro needs buildings to operate? No wonder my hydro bill is 35 dollars a month.
What a boondoggle. We're drowning in gravy. The sky is falling.

If they didn't buy these Taj Mahals for themselves, my hydro bill would be like 2 dollars monthly.
No respect for taxpayers. Blaaaah, blaaaaah, bloody blaaaah.
I guess you're being sarcastic here, but frankly I, too, would like to know why they payed double. There's nothing wrong with that. I'm not going to throw all critical thinking out the window whenever I see Ford's name.

I hate this notion that if Ford is for something I have to automatically be against it. Like I always thought we should already have more subways and think it's pathetic that Montreal is better served than Toronto in that regard (notwithstanding the fact that Ford's Scarborough subway is the WRONG subway at the WRONG time for this city). But many people have become so anti-subway now it's ridiculous. And I also think it's outrageous that tenants in buildings like the one he visited this morning should live in those conditions. There should not be years of repair orders that have been ignored and no consequences for the landlords.

See, this is how we got in this mess in the first place. These personality cults where people fall into ecstatic raptures or --alternately -- apoplectic fits of rage over WHO said something rather than the substance of what was said. His supporters love everything that comes out of his mouth because HE said it, not because they considered the merit of the idea. I don't think we're doing ourselves any favours by falling into that trap.

Somewhat unrelated but Disqus was recently cracked, and md5 hashes of email addresses can be publicly accessed I'm sharing this here because Disqus is used by the National Post, and the Toronto Sun. It's entirely possible that some Ford trolls might actually be staffers, like Price. Interestingly Disqus was cracked to out politicians frequenting hate sites.

If anyone is interested in sleuthing, you'd just need to collect all the city hall email addresses, and other known emails of staffers. You'd also need to collect the usernames of the Disquss trolls. Then it's just a matter of asking the Disqus API for the hash, and comparing them. This probably violates Discuss's terms of service, so proceed with caution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back