4.5K     6 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.9K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 679     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you bothered to read any of my above posts? Way back in May 2012 I was calling on police to charge Ford with public mischief (see the links I posted). How is this "defending a wife-beating child-abusing racist"?

Perhaps the qualified portion of your post that called for Ford's arrest wasn't a defence of Ford, but one of your recent posts was very defensive of Ford; part of it was based on taking Ford at his word. It seems like if there's ever a situation where Ford could benefit from the doubt you seem to be willing to give it to him. Interestingly, when there's ever benefit of the doubt to give the TPS, you do not seem willing to give it to them.

It seems like if there's ever a situation where Ford could benefit from the doubt you seem to be willing to give it to him. Interestingly, when there's ever benefit of the doubt to give the TPS, you do not seem willing to give it to them.

Because at the end of the day, his thesis isn't the ineptness and moral bankruptcy of Ford, but that of the TPS. Ford is the vehicle for him to put the latter message across to a larger audience who would otherwise ignore him in an independent thread (and look at the responses received). It is a pretty historical pattern of behaviour that switches extant topic threads to issues of his interest (e.g. Sharia Law, Immigration/Refugees/Ethnic Groups, etc.).

AoD

Last edited:
Four years of Rob Ford as mayor and a slow news day begins with the mayor's thinly veiled assertion that a member of the media is a pedophile. Never saw that coming...on a tuesday....

thinly veiled assertion that a member of the media is a pedophile

Depends on what word Ford said he didn't want to use. If the word he "didn't want to use" is "pedophile" or any other word meaning the same...then it isn't "thinly veiled" at all.

Yes I did see the story when it came out and commented on it extensively on here at the time (see my above posts).

From the G&M report it is clear that there was no evidence on Dales phone that he took any pictures.

Dale asked the cop if there was any evidence that he was looking over the fence to which the officer simply replied "if there was you would have been charged".

This does not answer the question of whether or not police obtained and reviewed the security camera footage. If they did and the video proved that at no time was Dale near the fence - this would also be proof that Ford was lying and it would beg the question - why no charges against Ford? Why am I the only person who see's significance in this?

What would Ford have been charged with? Mischief? Perhaps there was not enough evidence to proceed. Perhaps Dale did not wish to press charges against Ford.

And since we were discussing logical fallacies just the other day, 'begging the question' is one, and it is not synomymous with 'raising a question', as you used it.

Looks like the Zoomer episode has been removed from Vision's site. This is the link where it was before. Now not there.

Black's tv career could be a short lived as Ford's. ha ha

Given Blacks background as a media "mogal" and the fact that he takes being "wrongly accused" so personal, nobody should know better to let a comment like that slide. If you actually need proof of what a subhuman hypocrite Black is, that should suffice.

I realize this pales in comparison to the potential Daniel Dale defamation suit, but did anyone who took a gander at DoFo's wife's instagram page notice the insanely excessive number of hashtags she attaches to each post? I mean, how many idea links can a person reasonably extract from one photo? It's also hilarious, because, you know: Who puts the "hash" in "hashtags"....?!

Yes. Also, how does she have time for anything else other than putting two dozen hashtags on every picture?

I really do get the impression the only thing going on in her life is her modish obsession with 'clean eating', which seems ironically named in that her food photos look like, well, filth.

Depends on what word Ford said he didn't want to use. If the word he "didn't want to use" is "pedophile" or any other word meaning the same...then it isn't "thinly veiled" at all.

The show was taped on Friday. Assuming some post-production was done on the weekend, that's 2 - 2 1/2 days to get it ready for air, have legal take a gander, etc. It would not be surprising if there were a prior take left in the bin where Ford DOES come right out an say 'that word'. At that point, a cut was called and Black or the floor director/producer said, "You don't want to say that word". Then they run the take again and Ford simply says, "I don't want to use that word." Lawyers give the thumbs up and the innuendo-laden version goes to air. Anyway, those out-takes, if they exist, sure would be interesting. (As would those of the Sun TV one-off.)

Soop:

Here comes the video clip of the statement, per Ev Delen - https://t.co/KcZwOKWKXL (will be replaced by the full interview once it's been posted, again by Ev Delen)

hper:

Would be fun to have all that evidence protected by court order.

AoD

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back