144     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 327     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 688     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are more pressing matters...such as the fact that we still haven't nailed down a suitable person to play Ford in the movie.
Chris Farley is dead.
Meat Loaf would be even more perfect, and he is even alive, but we need the circa 1978 Meat (energetic 320 lb rock star with serious drug-alcohol addiction issues).
I think our hopes rest on Jack Black.
Can he do drama?

There are more pressing matters...such as the fact that we still haven't nailed down a suitable person to play Ford in the movie.
Chris Farley is dead.
Meat Loaf is alive, but we need the circa 1978 Meat (energetic 320 lb rock star with serious drug-alcohol addiction issues).
I think our hopes rest on Jack Black.

I've always thought Phillip Seymour Hoffman would be fantastic as Rob Ford - at least in a serious film take, rather than a comedy movie. After all, there's more tragedy behind the cheap laughs.
Then again, if going the comedy route, Jack Black playing Jeff Portnoy (Chris Farley) from Tropic Thunder shows he could be cast in that role.

If 'Peepers' is not, in fact, Joe Warmington, then I don't think it's unreasonable to assume that he's a bot of some sort.

After all, each and every one of his posts follow the same script:

blah blah blah TAXPAYERS ... yada yada yada JUNKET ON THE TAXPAYER'S DIME ... blah blah blah UNELECTED GAS PLANTS!

Don't forget his anti Wong-Tam and Wynne rants. He appears to be rather obsessed with those two. Either he hates lesbians or anyone left of Conservatives.

Last edited:
I was trying to remember all the things that Ford hasn't explained yet and as I recall his only response to questions about the video in which he is ranting and threatening violence was that he was very inebriated at the time, as if that explains it all. (He seemed pretty agitated and verbal for a drunk, too).

It struck me that he didn't resort to denial (since the video clearly does exist) and he offered an excuse for his behaviour but he didn't indicate that he regretted the behaviour or that it was inappropriate. Doesn't the unnamed target of his fury deserve some kind of apology?
the rant video got buried by the p*ssy remarks! :p

I remember reading on twitter that day: "On the plus side for Ford, no one's talking about the murderous rant video..."

I've always thought Phillip Seymour Hoffman would be fantastic as Rob Ford - at least in a serious film take, rather than a comedy movie. After all, there's more tragedy behind the cheap laughs.
Then again, if going the comedy route, Jack Black playing Jeff Portnoy (Chris Farley) from Tropic Thunder shows he could be cast in that role.

Comedy, drama, slasher film, who knows?...the script can't be written 'til the story is over. Who knows...the film may not even go that route at all and as someone mentioned, take on a "All the President's Men" approach, where the uncovering of the scandal is what the movie is about, with Robyn Doolittle and Kevin Donovan being the Woodward and Bernstein.

[Unnecessary sexist comments removed]

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
Agreed. I heard the investigation is expected to last well into next year.

I don't mind them taking their time to get it right, but unless aspects of the investigation are eased by mayor's freedom, why not press lower level charges? It sends such a bad message.

Rob Ford continues to say that he returns every call. That should mean that he is on his (cell) phone during council meetings, media scrums, banquet speeches, in his car, etc.. Most likely calls would go to his voicemail. My cell phone and land line has a 25 message capacity. If he is occupied, and with 40% of 2.6 million people in Toronto, that will fill up, which might be where he gets his support because he got a pothole filled in.

While he maybe good at answering and acting on complaints, that is the job of the 311 operator. Shouldn't he, as Mayor, be going over contracts, agreements, planning, etc.? He didn't have time to read the council handbook. He didn't have time to read the transit agreement, nor did he get council approval to kill Transit City. What other documents did Rob did not have the time to read, because he was filling in potholes? Or was he doing something else... like going drinking?

Last edited:
In some ways, I am glad the robots ignore cell phone exchanges. I, and many others with cellphone plans, don't have "unlimited" use of our cellphone during the day. I only have 250 minutes and some months I come very close to using it all up! As it is, I can't stand telemarketers and usually just hang up without saying anything (why waste precious minutes asking them to remove my #, when I know they probably won't even bother!). So I'd hate for 15-20 minutes of my monthly allocation be wasted on some ridiculous poll.
Thanks, I wasn't aware that the cell phone owner was charged for incoming calls. I have a cell phone on a pre-paid account that is rarely even turned on except when we are away from our land line equipped home. I purchased it years ago for my wife as a security thing which she doesn't need any more as she no longer drives.

Watching a police spokesman talking about the ride program, getting drunk drivers off the road, saying it is a choice to get behind the wheel and endanger lives ... All on the same day that we hear that the TPS let Ford drive, knowing he was under the influence.

Seriously! It definetely takes the edge out of the message.

I wouldn't be surprised if Rob Ford got elected, frankly most people that I've talked to don't seem to care about his antics. They think he's funny.

most f*ckable journalist around
I don't know why the asterix. We all know the word, it's the context here that could be offensive. If there's need to comment on her appearance, can't we just say she's attractive? Someone old enough to be her father, someone who can go on rants here about those kids today, should probably keep his underpants on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back