4.5K     6 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.9K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 679     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hm, trafficking and possession of dirty cash. Unfortunately not what we really care about :(

Oh.....we should care!

Every little piece adds to the puzzle that is SLOB and THUG!

Richview Cleaners...............maybe cleaning more than laundry!!!

I gotta go watch GOODFELLAS to see how this story ends!

Last edited:
Anderson Cooper on Letterman, they're ripping on Ford. So weird to see foreigners not only amused and captivated by it, but clearly exasperated by it.

Hm, trafficking and possession of dirty cash. Unfortunately not what we really care about :(

True, but it does give us some insight into how slowly actual charges take, even for something as cut and dry as a guy selling contraband to an undercover cop. If it took this long for these charges to be laid, it's quite possible other, more complicated cases are still be worked on.

My suspicions about Norm Kelly have been confirmed by this article.

He seems as slimy as they come with some questionable transactions involving expenses in the past. I can't understand why Rob Ford appointed him deputy mayor in the first place ( was Ford smoking crack? ).

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/11/19/will-ford-nation-be-replaced-with-spend-nation

Did you know the guy in charge of the defrocked mayor’s former purse strings is a former Liberal MP who goes back to Pierre Elliot Trudeau’s tax-and-spend caucus in the 1980s?

Kelly was also part of debt-ridden mayor David Miller’s inner circle and has been probed for his own expense filings.

A story published in the Toronto Sun Oct. 6, 1999, says “Toronto Councillor Norm Kelly let a $14,000 tab he owed the Toronto Harbour Commission go unpaid for six months until it was uncovered by a Toronto Sun access-to-information request.”

“Kelly received more than $14,000 to compensate him for his purchase of two airline tickets to Barcelona, Spain ... but he cancelled at the last minute, and a cheque his office wrote to reimburse the commission was never cashed,” the story said.

“Kelly paid the bill only after it was unearthed” by “officials gathering figures on expenses for a Sun request under the Municipal Freedom of Information Act.”

An outside investigator was brought in and “found no evidence of wrong doing” since the cheque was misplaced and Kelly had thought he had paid it.

“I’m embarrassed. I’m angry it got lost at the harbour commission,” Kelly said at the time. “It puts me in a very, very awkward position.”

The story continued: “Kelly said he doesn’t keep track of office finances and wouldn’t have noticed the additional $14,000. That’s handled by his wife and assistant, Charlotte Ting.”

Kelly was quoted as saying “she’s been incredibly busy with the office.”

At the time, then-councillor Doug Holyday said, “There aren’t many people out there who wouldn’t notice the difference of $14,000 in their bank account.

So we are going to entrust an $11 Billion budget to a guy who couldn't notice a $14,000 difference in his personal bank account (in his favor)? You can bet that Rob Ford would have noticed this difference! Rob Ford has been accused of a lot of things but trying to line his pockets with taxpayer dollars isn't one of them !

A June 27, 2000, story in the Sun said “Toronto’s audit committee has demanded a detailed report of Kelly’s expense claims” for “a $100-a-day travel per diem from the city for nine days of a European trip he took.”

The story says “he claimed almost $14,000 for the trip” and that Kelly was “also grilled for claiming thousands in travel expenses for wife and executive assistant, Charlotte Ting, and for a $1,072 bill he submitted for a personal side trip to Paris.”

There wasn’t any questioning about the $3,159.40 for another trip he and his wife took to China in 2006 since it came out of his $53,000 office budget.

Under the Miller regime, a June 7, 2007, Sun story that “Kelly hit up taxpayers for more than $7,200, billing the city for 14,508 km of business travel logged on personal vehicles.”

Holyday told the Sun “with the small wards that we have I would say it’s impossible to put that kind of mileage on.”

But Kelly said he “drives a lot because he gets involved in the life of the city and only bills for mileage associated with his job” and he drives “two cars doing it because putting that mileage on one car is incredible.”

In 2007, Sun columnist Sue-Ann Levy wrote Kelly billed his 2006 office budget $53.50 for a Costco membership, $8.47 at Chapters for a book, $80 a month for his home phone and Internet to do constituency work, and $22.83 for five Haagen-Dazs ice cream bars and four Nestle Turtle ice cream bars for staff at $12.54.

The gravy train has left the station but could the ice cream truck be on its way to City Hall?

1297494285622_ORIGINAL.jpg

Toronto SUN

Last edited:
Rob Ford did not get a free pass from police, Chief Bill Blair says
http://fullcomment.nationalpost.com...-free-pass-from-police-chief-bill-blair-says/

one thing that stood out for me:
Some critics have pointed to the fact that when Lisi and Mayor Ford were under surveillance, and police believed their behaviour was suspicious and “indicative†of drug-dealing, they weren’t stopped and arrested.

Chief Blair said those decisions are left “to the individual officer†on the ground and in the moment.

But police also noticed that both men were “surveillance-conscious†— Lisi and Mr. Ford appeared to suspect they were being tailed. “I think that would have been something the officers … had to take into consideration,†Chief Blair said. In other words, the two could have been setting a trap for the police.

People want to know why police didn't stop Ford after witnessing the envelope hand-offs; what if there were nothing in the envelopes? then you've given away your surveillance and screwed the investigation completely. And as is noted many times in the ITO, Lisi suspected he was being followed. He and Ford could have set a trap for police.

Even with finding the alcohol bottles; you don't know what was in them. Maybe an extremely diluted mix of only 10% vodka and 90% water or 7-up or something. Nothing that would lead to being over the limit. Highly unlikely, of course, but possible.

So we are going to entrust an $11 Billion budget to a guy who couldn't notice a $14,000 difference in his personal bank account (in his favor)? You can bet that Rob Ford would have noticed this difference! Rob Ford has been accused of a lot of things but trying to line his pockets with taxpayer dollars isn't one of them !

Are we now ignoring the $5,000 raises Ford gave to all his office staff so they wouldn't leave him and David Price's unusually large $130,000 salary?

He slipped up. That's why his comments so far have been he can't talk about Lisi. At least LeDrew drew that one out of him (unintentionally). I bet Doug is drilling him right now..."you were supposed to keep your trap shut on Lisi you dumb f*ck"

It's the same little mess he's managed to get himself into about the crack. He now claims his crack use is a one-time thing. He claims he has no knowledge of the incident involving the crack video. So why would he admit to smoking crack if he has no recollection of smoking crack? Does this sound like something Ford would do? Of course not....he denies things that are easily prov

He may have admitted to the crack smoking because he felt it would probably emerge that he had, even if he was hazy on the details. More importantly, he may have realized that denying it was not going to be sustainable/credible for much longer (see also: Air Canada Centre incident).

For me, this is one of the most infuriating aspects of Ford: the constantly shifting outlines of truth, the desperate lying meant to stop the questions, the lying-about-lying, blaming one problem on another, amateurish sophistry about being asked the 'correct' question and continual re-evaluation of what is and is not a big deal, now and at the time whatever questionable thing happened.

Crack rumour surfaces.

Ford denies smoking crack (in the present tense), denies being an addict (was not asked).

Existence of crack video is confirmed. Ford admits having smoked crack in a way that suggests he might be able to spin the admission into proof of essential, forgivable humanness.

But it was just the one time! And he was (probably) really drunk at the time! I mean, who hasn't been in that situation?

But that house for which he pays the utility bills? It's not a crack house, even if the police say it is, because his being there and theoretically smoking crack there just the once, those things doesn't make it one.

And anyway, that was, like, over a year ago, even if he was photographed outside the house less than a year ago, with those guys he has no acquaintance with at all.

And really, he's not an addict. No sir. So what's the big deal, y'know, about the thing he so strenuously denied and now has acknowledged?

I really hope someone close to him, maybe even a relative, finally calls him out on constantly squirming out of telling the truth and making up one lie to cover another.

one thing that stood out for me:

People want to know why police didn't stop Ford after witnessing the envelope hand-offs; what if there were nothing in the envelopes? then you've given away your surveillance and screwed the investigation completely. And as is noted many times in the ITO, Lisi suspected he was being followed. He and Ford could have set a trap for police.

Even with finding the alcohol bottles; you don't know what was in them. Maybe an extremely diluted mix of only 10% vodka and 90% water or 7-up or something. Nothing that would lead to being over the limit. Highly unlikely, of course, but possible.

This is nothing but spin by Blair probably cooked up by his PR flack Mark Pugash. They want us to believe that the reason why they did not attempt to arrest Ford and Lisi in the act is because they could have been a set-up by Ford and Lisi.

Blair said "I’d rather not have played any role in this at all but I’m not sure we were given any choice.†Of course he had a choice - he could have turned the investigation over to the OPP the second he learned Ford was involved. Not only was this a choice but an obligation and Blair should be fired for putting himself in this position of conflict of interest. Why did Blair want to control a police investigation of his boss? Did he want to use the dirt collected on Ford to extort another five year extension of his contract worth upwards of $2 Million to Blair?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back