4.3K     6 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.9K     2 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 667     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Argh I've been trying to ignore this Alana discussion for two days. Even if she is a sex worker and even if he did have her in his office and even if she was his connection (all of which, I might add, is based on the speculation of one of his staffers and a few pictures of her in lingerie dug up online), it's like THE LEAST EGREGIOUS THING he's done. There are SO MANY MORE AWFUL THINGS he's participated in. I'm not saying it's not important to mention it, but days and days of discussing "is she, isn't she" and all the parsing of job descriptions and the whole creepy level of misogyny that's rippled under the surface (or right out in the open occasionally) of these comments... fuck. I mean did I really see someone referencing the sanctity of marriage at one point? I happen to believe that him having a hooker in his office is not the best judgment (if she is or was a hooker). But who gives a fuck if he's cheating on his wife? That is so beside the point.

Anyway that's my rant. That discussion is lame.

yes, agreed.
people have been perving.

But who gives a fuck if he's cheating on his wife? That is so beside the point.

I disagree. It speaks to, or adds to, his total lack of a moral compass.

Not just his moral compass, but his judgement.

I mean, the shocking part of the allegation is not so much him being with a prostitute, but that he would do it in public and even at the mayor's office.

Kelly was a history professor who taught at the elitist Upper Canada College (the socialite John Tory graduated from this elite institution) . Another thing you should know about Kelly is he is a longtime LIBERAL!

So what we got was a slimy smooth-talking LIBERAL elitist as our UN-ELECTED mayor!

I am probably alone on this forum by saying that it sickens me to see the shameless power grab that is taking place at city hall. I am sure that we don't have to worry about Norm Kelly (who looks like he was dug out of a fresh grave) smoking crack, getting shit-faced drunk or doing lines with attractive young ladies. What I DO worry about is Kelly bringing to city hall the culture of Liberal Party corruption that so prevalent at Queens Park which has resulted in $BILLIONS being STOLEN from the taxpayers of Ontario!

Oh Peepers, not that I am a fan of Norm Kelly at all, but I'd take a slimy smooth talking Liberal elitist than one lying scumbag elected mayor right now - as to the culture of corruption, yes, arbitrary raises of $5000 a pop or hiring someone at 100+K when the previous holder of said job is paid half that sure is the epitome of transparency. I can only imagine what that GFL deal will end up costing the city, err, I meant taxpayers. Where is the outrage? Where is the angst? Where is the screaming capital letters?

AoD

That's American-style politics. Personally I don't care who has "sexual relations" with who or what.

Ford has enough he's done wrong without worrying whether him and Renata are still in love. It might just be for convenience (Harpers, hello).

Really? You want to start factoring in EVERY MORAL LAPSE as a failure of leadership? To paraphrase a not terrible movie, Hitler never looked at another woman after Eva Braun, and some of the greatest leaders - FDR, Kennedy (arguably as far as greatness three years is a short time), etc. fucked around. There are very few people who have piled on Ford more heavily than I have over the last couple of weeks. But you know what? I've cheated before. Does that make me a moral sewer that will never be fit for office? Where's the line? How many horrible OTHER things would I have to do for cheating to become a symptom of a larger problem and not just a shitty thing I've done? Seriously. So he cheated. Maybe Renata doesn't sleep with him anymore or maybe they have an arrangement or maybe she's secretly a lesbian or maybe he really is just an unfaithful guy or maybe a million other things. There are SO MANY THINGS he's done for which their are no justifications for, why start trying to pull the string on one with a hundred possible explanations?

Not just his moral compass, but his judgement.

I mean, the shocking part of the allegation is not so much him being with a prostitute, but that he would do it in public and even at the mayor's office.

Yes, judgment is fair game, which is why this was one more interesting and important tidbit (rumour really considering the lack of corroboration on this one) to add to the pile. A two day discussion with pages upon pages trying to define what a sex worker is is just ridiculous. And creepy. And pervy. And lame.

Really? You want to start factoring in EVERY MORAL LAPSE as a failure of leadership? To paraphrase a not terrible movie, Hitler never looked at another woman after Eva Braun, and some of the greatest leaders - FDR, Kennedy (arguably as far as greatness three years is a short time), etc. fucked around. There are very few people who have piled on Ford more heavily than I have over the last couple of weeks. But you know what? I've cheated before. Does that make me a moral sewer that will never be fit for office? Where's the line? How many horrible OTHER things would I have to do for cheating to become a symptom of a larger problem and not just a shitty thing I've done? Seriously. So he cheated. Maybe Renata doesn't sleep with him anymore or maybe they have an arrangement or maybe she's secretly a lesbian or maybe he really is just an unfaithful guy or maybe a million other things. There are SO MANY THINGS he's done for which their are no justifications for, why start trying to pull the string on one with a hundred possible explanations?

Lest we forget Adam Giambrone, he would have been a better mayor than old Robbie Ford (was).

Anyway I'm not going to speak any more to that topic unless new information comes out because I don't want to get drawn into a whole discussion about what's in or out of bounds. It's beside the point. For two days I haven't seen a discussion about Ford's moral compass or his judgment. I've seen a two day discussion about whether Alana Kindree is a slut or a sex worker or something in between and if in between, where the line is and what would push her over the line into sex worker. Any discussion of Ford's morality has been incidental to that. If you guys want to rationalize that you've been discussing morality and judgment this whole time so be it. But it's a gross conversation.

Anyway I'm not going to speak any more to that topic unless new information comes out because I don't want to get drawn into a whole discussion about what's in or out of bounds. It's beside the point. For two days I haven't seen a discussion about Ford's moral compass or his judgment. I've seen a two day discussion about whether Alana Kindree is a slut or a sex worker or something in between and if in between, where the line is and what would push her over the line into sex worker. Any discussion of Ford's morality has been incidental to that. If you guys want to rationalize that you've been discussing morality and judgment this whole time so be it. But it's a gross conversation.

The gross part is dissecting a girl who is basically just more of Ford's collateral damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back