821     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 743     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 314     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone tell me what just happened? I went away from my desk (stupid work) and when I came back Doug Ford was getting heck from the Speaker.

Can anyone tell me what just happened? I went away from my desk (stupid work) and when I came back Doug Ford was getting heck from the Speaker.

Remember on Wednesday when Stintz asked Nunziata to give a warning to Doug for interrupting and asking inappropriate questions? It was brought up again.

Rob Ford (and I'm paraphrasing here): "See, I'd want me gone too if I were you. But since I'm me I can't actually bring myself to make myself gone, even though obviously I should be gone as even I can see, and I happen to be the only one with the power to make myself gone, which as I said is the thing I ought to be and what I would want if I were anyone but me. But I'm me, therefore I must stay because I could never not support me even though I don't want to support me. It ain't easy being me."

And then append that with, "and because I want to stay, and you're making it hard for me to do that (although I totally get why), I'm going to have to challenge you in court, which is going to cost the taxpayers a whack o' cash, and which is ALL YOUR FAULT!! And not mine at all, because even though I'm the one initiating the challenge, you totally made me do it".

Heh:

Apev4Cb.jpg

"I'm sure as I'm sitting here - I won't be here next term" - says Doug Ford

Running for MPP?

Not as a Conservative. I can't imagine, even with what Hudak said last week, that he'd anchor himself to this particular family now. If he wanted to though Ford could probably win in that riding as an independent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back