News   Jul 05, 2024
 1.8K     13 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 661     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time for some creative thinking.

Anyone who has legitimate claim to a restraining order against him may want to apply for one, then start attending every council meeting.

Clever bit of thinking, but I don't think this would work. Council is Ford's legitimate (hah!) place of work, and so unless that person also worked at Council, it would be immediately clear that the person granted the restraining order was seeking out Ford, rather than vice versa, and so it would become impossible to defend the order.

Also Ford Nation would lap this up. He needs to go to prison, not be excluded from the chamber on a technicality.

Apparently he'll be trotting out his wife and mother for this afternoon presser. Shameless.

What possibly could go wrong with this scenario?

Re his wife, okay, if we accept that this young woman (Miss Toronto tourism or something?) wasn't paid for, does he really think it's appropriate to be drinking/bar hopping with any woman other than a spouse?

[video=youtube_share;0-A_ciDRJO0]http://youtu.be/0-A_ciDRJO0[/video]

Hah. You can see me creeping at 1:03-1:06 walking left to right in the background, and again at 4:08 to 4:11, walking away from the camera on the left.

Apparently he'll be trotting out his wife and mother for this afternoon presser. Shameless.

I know this sounds terrible but I kind of hope, JUST THIS ONCE, the media hammers her about the allegations until she breaks down and slugs him in front of everyone. I'm no fan of her getting caught in the crossfire. On the other hand, if she's willing to be trotted out as a prop she's fair game...

What about mental competency? Given the quantity of drugs and alcohol he has consumed, and the inappropriateness of both his comments and actions, is that possible?

Again, as I understand it, there is no mechanism for removing him from office apart from him being convicted of a crime and sent to jail (or violating the conflict of interest legislation). He could sit in his office buck naked slathered in peanut butter singing showtunes all day and there's nothing that could be done legally to remove him.

I know this sounds terrible but I kind of hope, JUST THIS ONCE, the media hammers her about the allegations until she breaks down and slugs him in front of everyone. I'm no fan of her getting caught in the crossfire. On the other hand, if she's willing to be trotted out as a prop she's fair game...

That would be awesome, but probably about as likely as Ford hooking up with gay prostitutes.

again, as i understand it, there is no mechanism for removing him from office apart from him being convicted of a crime and sent to jail (or violating the conflict of interest legislation). He could sit in his office buck naked slathered in peanut butter singing showtunes all day and there's nothing that could be done legally to remove him.
enough with the visuals :)

Bet if the Ford family is involved in this afternoon's presser, it's about the official kick-off to announce his 2014 re-election campaign... crazier things have happened... today.

Mayor Ford with another absolutely useless presser, in which he takes responsibility for his problems but then blames the press for making him talk about eating out his wife. By the way, that cocaine use? It's not a lie, and it will come out. Not that it matters. This man is incapable of telling the truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back