116     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 871     3 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 995     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
The concept of ministerial responsibility is also one of the (unwritten) parts of our Constitution. There's no conflict here. Ford has a right to remain silent for personal reasons but he doesn't have an absolute right to hold an executive position in government. The test for ministerial fitness is much lower than 'beyond a reasonable doubt', and it's his own fault that he's caught in the middle. As an elected official, Ford is expected to comply with constitutional norms developed over 900-odd years of representative government.

That is not ministerial responsibility. Ministerial responsibility means that a minister is responsible for everything that happens in the department he oversees. That mistakes made by deputy ministers/department are his responsibility and therefore he should be the one owning that responsibility even if the mistakes were made before he held the position.

http://www.parl.gc.ca/housepublications/publication.aspx?docid=1812721&file=33

And it's a Parliamentary rule, does not apply to municipal politics.

Will the council meeting be televised/streamed live?

If you get the opportunity, I would go watch it live. Council proceedings are just as ridiculous as you think they are. Who wouldn't love to see Rob Ford's mic get cut off mid-nonsensical-rant?

112.jpg

Attachments

• 112.jpg
    112.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 412
I actually could do that. How would one get into the meeting, what time do they start, location etc?

Is anybody following the Rob Ford bobblehead sale at City Hall on Twitter? Apparently hundreds have been lined up for hours, Doug has been hanging around gladhanding instead of attending a budget meeting, and when Rob finally showed up he ran up the stairs instead of taking the elevator. Now he's just jogging around, according to Don Peat:

Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 20m
Mayor Rob Ford now running around the 2nd floor #TOpoli

So I guess spending ONE DAY at the gym is enough to put on a hollow show that he's "healthy," "getting well," etc. Pathetic.

I actually could do that. How would one get into the meeting, what time do they start, location etc?

MetroMan advised me how to get in there. When you walk in the front foyer of city hall, to the back-right is an elevator which takes you to council chambers. There is a button that says 'C', but you can only push it when council is in session or right before they sit. I found it started working about 10 minutes beforehand. Just walk right in, turn to the right and take a seat in the gallery.

MetroMan advised me how to get in there. When you walk in the front foyer of city hall, to the back-right is an elevator which takes you to council chambers. There is a button that says 'C', but you can only push it when council is in session or right before they sit. I found it started working about 10 minutes beforehand. Just walk right in, turn to the right and take a seat in the gallery.

Thanks!

Is anybody following the Rob Ford bobblehead sale at City Hall on Twitter? Apparently hundreds have been lined up for hours, Doug has been hanging around gladhanding instead of attending a budget meeting, and when Rob finally showed up he ran up the stairs instead of taking the elevator. Now he's just jogging around, according to Don Peat:

Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 20m
Mayor Rob Ford now running around the 2nd floor #TOpoli

Cocaine is a hell of a drug

Now Rob is posing for photos with the bobble-heads as well as autographing the bobble-heads. I can't stop laughing at the insanity of this whole fucking fiasco.

So there is nothing else for the Mayor of Toronto to do than distribute and sign bobbleheads of himself?

Next baseball season I hope Jays players distribute the bobbleaheads instead of volunteers..........

DMW's twitter just got very interesting:

Denzil Minnan-Wong ‏@DenzilMW 1h
@chadrogers @robertbenzie @TorontoStar You mean the crack smoking, lying king who hangs with the gun smuggling Dixon City Blood?
Reply Retweet Favourite More Expand

Denzil Minnan-Wong ‏@DenzilMW 10m
@chadrogers @robertbenzie @TorontoStar yes the Mayor I supported until I discovered he lies, smokes crack and associates with criminals
Reply Retweet Favourite More H

Also, security usually check your bags when you walk in to the chamber. So, you know, don't bring any crack or anything :)

I love going to council meetings. I usually try to attend once a month, at least. The longest I've sat there watching is around 5 hours. My back and butt were pretty sore afterwards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back