3.8K     5 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.9K     2 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 654     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
The police are working on an investigation related to the suitcase full of cash that the broker Mohamed Farah spoke about. The "flashy cars" that were circulating around Dixon with a suitcase full of cash were not Rob Ford's friends. They are alleged to be working for a powerful gangland figure looking to purchase an extortion weapon that would put the Mayor of Toronto in their pocket.

I'm more and more convinced that Ford is really only a poor schmuck that got in way over his head by irresponsibly putting himself in this position. It doesn't excuse the coverup he allegedly directed and thus could still lead to obstruction and conspiracy to extort charges against the Mayor but he's not the big focus for the TPS, only the bumbling clueless bait that was leading them straight to the big fish.

I figured this was gonna be the narrative.

But damn, talk about a bombshell.

The police are working on an investigation related to the suitcase full of cash that the broker Mohamed Farah spoke about. The "flashy cars" that were circulating around Dixon with a suitcase full of cash were not Rob Ford's friends. They are alleged to be working for a powerful gangland figure looking to purchase an extortion weapon that would put the Mayor of Toronto in their pocket.

I'm more and more convinced that Ford is really only a poor schmuck that got in way over his head by irresponsibly putting himself in this position. It doesn't excuse the coverup he allegedly directed and thus could still lead to obstruction and conspiracy to extort charges against the Mayor but he's not the big focus for the TPS, only the bumbling clueless bait that was leading them straight to the big fish.

If this wasn't obvious already, council needs to strip Ford of his power immediately. This isn't just a matter of him being a crackhead and embarrassment to the City. He quite clearly poses a threat to the safety of our city.

If I can offer a tip (former sometimes-copywriter and current freelance writer), "declining to assist" is much too passive. You need to use a more active voice that frames the discussion around Ford willingly making bad decisions. Try "choosing not to assist".

I'd be happy to edit if you'd like.

Another writing chiming in: The directness of "refusing to assist" cuts to the chase and is a contrast to Ford Nation's linguistic twisting.

The Sun is just terrible. They're coasting on the Star's investigative work and I swear Warmington comes up with his columns in 10 minutes after a Ford Bro calls him. I knew Warmington a bit, super nice guy...but he's been up Ford's butt so long.

Yeah, but how is he employed as a journalist? His writing style is complete rubbish. He reads like he might do well on Twitter.

Yeah, but how is he employed as a journalist? His writing style is complete rubbish. He reads like he might do well on Twitter.

Because the Ford's only return his calls. Otherwise no one would ever hear from the Mayor, especially now Newstalk 1010 dropped them.

My ex-girlfriend works at an Italian restaurant downtown and she's told me mafia figures are known to frequent this place. One time the owner had pointed out someone eating at the time to her and said "See that man over there? He owns this city". I might have to do some more digging for info...

New or old investigation? I really hope they knew about the suitcase full of money story long before CBC aired the interview....

I wrote about it in previous post, but it's called cognitive dissonance theory. They've created so many excuses and special rules for Ford thus far, all to keep from feeling they were wrong about him, that their cognition does backflips in order to validate itself. Each step he takes away from the person they thought he was, the more illogicality and irrationality they need to find in order to convince themselves they were right.

An easy parallel is how a gambler (all of the actual addiction part aside) who's spent their last dime and mortgaged their home has convinced themselves to get to that point, and how that next spin of the roulette wheel is guaranteed to be a winner; despite the logic that every round has the same odds as every round before it.

So at this point, it's easier for their minds to believe that it's a conspiracy and that his admission is somehow thathe's taking a fall for it or has just given up, and that makes him an "extra good guy". They've built up so many constructs in their mind that a new concept is easier for them to make than to break down all they've built up to validate him (and damage this small section of reality they've created). It's frustrating and fascinating at the same time, and goes towards proving there's no such thing as a shared reality, but our own individual perceptions of the world.

It happens to smart people and stupid people alike. It's dependent entirely on how much that person invests emotionally on the subject, and how little they question themselves.

Yep rather than family admit they are wrong or were wrong; they have told me to clean up my own backyard. Because I smoked weed in a field 25 years ago, he should get a pass. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back