1.1K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 973     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 366     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
The police are working on an investigation related to the suitcase full of cash that the broker Mohamed Farah spoke about. The "flashy cars" that were circulating around Dixon with a suitcase full of cash were not Rob Ford's friends. They are alleged to be working for a powerful gangland figure looking to purchase an extortion weapon that would put the Mayor of Toronto in their pocket.

I'm more and more convinced that Ford is really only a poor schmuck that got in way over his head by irresponsibly putting himself in this position. It doesn't excuse the coverup he allegedly directed and thus could still lead to obstruction and conspiracy to extort charges against the Mayor but he's not the big focus for the TPS, only the bumbling clueless bait that was leading them straight to the big fish.

Would not call Ford a 'poor shmuck' his family (especially his mother) think they run the city/province. Ask John Tory.

Jim Flaherty was upset on news not because of poor Robbie but because he could see the end of his political career due to association with Fords.

Looks like the mob now already run the city. Thus the impromptu crack confession the other day.

New or old investigation? I really hope they knew about the suitcase full of money story long before CBC aired the interview....

People are so hooked on the salacious stuff that they also missed the computer bag Lisi put in Ford's Escalade that he didn't take out. Considering that this all started over a video file, you would think that would be at least a news story but not so much.

Let's all hope that tomorrow's sombre remembrance day service at city hall does not end up as a "funny" clip on Kimmel Monday night.

The police are working on an investigation related to the suitcase full of cash that the broker Mohamed Farah spoke about. The "flashy cars" that were circulating around Dixon with a suitcase full of cash were not Rob Ford's friends. They are alleged to be working for a powerful gangland figure looking to purchase an extortion weapon that would put the Mayor of Toronto in their pocket.

I'm more and more convinced that Ford is really only a poor schmuck that got in way over his head by irresponsibly putting himself in this position. It doesn't excuse the coverup he allegedly directed and thus could still lead to obstruction and conspiracy to extort charges against the Mayor but he's not the big focus for the TPS, only the bumbling clueless bait that was leading them straight to the big fish.

That sounds both insane and about right.

Is it "breaking" from your sources, or "breaking" as in, will be in the papers tomorrow?

(And what with the wiretaps and all, I'm assuming the cops were on this well before CBC broadcast it...)

Last edited:
Well that kind of sucks. I feel like this will let the TPS off the hook in going after Ford for obstruction charges. They are likely happy he's not the big fish.

Also, as a writer can I say I find it in VERY poor taste to offer public, unsolicited editing advice? Use DMs.

Jim Flaherty was upset on news not because of poor Robbie but because he could see the end of his political career due to association with Fords.

Flaherty was ANGRY as he has been witness to the constant screwing up of this family - he probably just didn't want to comment and make it worse - tho he was seething to do so.

So....basically same shit as Montréal? What's with "Italians" being so bait?
They really need to take lessons from the Russians and Chinese.

If it turns out to be Mafioso at the helm, you can be darn sure that Rob Ford would go down before they would. He would have to take the fall for it or risk his family.

This better still result in Ford being charged with something :(

I'm more inclined to postulate that ford asked his "friends" (bada bing), to recover the video.

There could already be a relationship between ford and the bada bing boys before any of this whack crack stuff.

Who could have gotten to macyntyre inside jail and beat him.....without connections! Also Siad inside jail was stabbed.

Who owns the "club" on queensway that Ford hangs out at?

There is more to this than just whack crack.....jack!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back