3.1K     0 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 2K     13 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
isn't vice's headquarter in montreal?

I think you're right! From the Vice website:

VICE started in 1994 as a newsprint monthly in Montreal, and is now a global youth media company that includes print, event, music, online, television, and feature film divisions that operates in over 30 countries. VICE is the industry leader in original video for the web. With dozens of original series franchises across all content categories, VICE publishes about 60 minutes of new video content every day. For further information and additional background, please visit

Journalistic resources and budgets are overflowing since this story went international. There are A LOT of very smart people doing what they're experts at to bring all the truth to the surface. It's as if a separate Project Brazen 2 were now investigating Rob Ford, his associates and the story behind the crack video -- except this is for the benefit of the public's hunger for information, not the Crown. It'll all come out.

Rob Ford doesn't stand a chance, this is officially waaay over his head. He might as well run away and hide under a bed.

MM, are you able to say that investigators (media or otherwise) are well passed the crack smoking and looking into criminal links/ charges?

She screams "some money" to me...more like a small man complex. Look at how the family berates the downtown elite and Doug's tirade against the Thompson family after the G&M story. The Fords think they are powerful in a traditional sense.

i find it interesting that it's difficult to learn about the ford family's past.

i wish i knew more about mama ford, but doug sr. is curious too. he's the youngest of 9 kids, yet had to drop out in grade 5 to start giving his mom money?

and how do you go from that, to a multimillionaire hanging out with influential business and political families? i'm not saying it's not possible, just that i wish we knew more about how it happened.

I think you're right! From the Vice website:

Vice started in Montreal, but it's now based in New York. 21st Century Fox owns about 5% of it now too.

They also used to have an office in Parkdale...where Capital Espresso now is, I believe.

I haven't lived in Toronto for 16 years and haven't watched City TV for even longer but damn, they have really gone down hill. This so called "reporting" is pathetic. Their big scoop has revealed nothing.

Yeah that CityNews was terrible. Made me sit through an hour and half of nonsense for a few tidbits. Hopefully the Fifth Estate is more meaty

and asking them to leave fits that spirit?

let people post what they want to... if you don't want to read what they write, scroll past past them... just 'cause you don't want to read it, doesn't mean others feel the same way.

scrolling past is nicer and takes much less effort than all this bitching.

yeah, i remember when you used that excuse after posting endless zero-content posts and posting entire articles (most of them very old) in the forum rather than linking to them... and then telling everyone to just block you and you can do whatever you want. despite a lot of people coming forward and complaining about it.

So you don't exactly have any clout when it comes to talking about etiquette here.

But I responded to him in exactly the same way I responded to you, at the time - please give meaningful contributions rather than generating little to no content. And if you don't want to contribute in a meaningful way, don't stick around. That's important context to include when saying I "ask them to leave", because I'm not actually saying that should be the first approach. I even gave a constructive suggestion - go start your own thread rather than clogging up this one, considering the membership here is pretty much divide on whether or not he should be believed.

But in any event, I still don't think "scroll past / ignore" is constructive to this community, in any way. Just like with you, I'd rather help to try to improve it than to just turn a blind eye and let the signal-to-noise ratio spiral out of control and force everyone to scroll past it all.

What is this, reddit? Can we please keep the atheist/believer thread off this post, and also maybe stop making negative comments about innocent parties related to the Fords?

The talking heads at City are nice people to know personally, but to call them shoddy journalists would be generous. Over the years CityTV went from positioning itself as the young upstart station that went against the grain, to shlocky infotainment you're meant to half pay attention to from the other room as you work on dinner.

I've been curious as to why the Ford family is so set on political power ... maybe the questions re Deco have something to do with this?

Some people are simply addicted to power, and maybe that's the case with the Fords, although I think Rob doesn't have the same drive for it that Doug has.

But political power, especially in old-time Chicago-type politics (which the Fords seem to love) can of course bring other rewards. Is that their primary motivation?

The interview with Mama Ford when she told John Tory he could have his turn at mayor and then it would be Rob's turn was very telling. They think they can pick and choose who will be in charge where and when.

if dougie ever becomes premier then we'll know your last sentence is true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back