4.4K     6 
News   Jun 21, 2024
 1.7K     3 
News   Jun 21, 2024
 1.9K     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read the article again, it wasn't all me & it went on for a very short period of time..all back in may, june.. and was told may be something else & 6 figures
And I came forward in July too

Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions. It's very appreciated. I do believe that everyone had the right to change their mind. I'm glad to read that I had mis-judged you.

You don't work your body into amazing shape without some kind of narcissism. You have to spend hours looking at yourself in the mirror, not to mention that whole point of the exercise is to look better and appear better - though to be sure, there's a line drawn between people into bodybuilding, and people staying in shape. In the latter camp, though, you aren't trying to work yourself down to 3% BF

We don't need to bring their non involved family into this.

Let's keep our dignity and attack the guilty parties!

IMHO

ROFO left city hall early.

Where's Douggie?

Story comes out this pm.

Closing in on the link between fords and org crime with revelation that we're shopping for the video.

COINKYDINK!!

This billboard is in the wrong due to the fact that it is a political statement being made by an organized religion which receives tax exemptions. Are they not required by law not to make political/partisan statements such as this? And of course the Toronto logo and font being used - I'm quite sure they didn't get written permission to use it.

That's just what I thought when I saw the sign. Where does one report something like this?

Good timing by whomever put the sign up -- it's not likely to be taken down until after the weekend.

Quote from CityTV commenting on Ford getting a flu shot: "Possibly the most photographed pin-prick ever.".

Remove the word "pin" and they're probably right.

Journalistic resources and budgets are overflowing since this story went international. There are A LOT of very smart people doing what they're experts at to bring all the truth to the surface. It's as if a separate Project Brazen 2 were now investigating Rob Ford, his associates and the story behind the crack video -- except this is for the benefit of the public's hunger for information, not the Crown. It'll all come out.

Rob Ford doesn't stand a chance, this is officially waaay over his head. He might as well run away and hide under a bed.

Gord Martineau is such a dumbass meat-puppet. Can't even get basic facts straight. It's no wonder the electorate is so uninformed if Martineau is their source of information. Just when I've given up on the capacity of the electorate for rational decisionmaking, I am reminded that they are not solely to blame.

Since when was I trying to be "right" about anything - and how is that even relevant? I'm not claiming to have any insider information, I'm purely here for discussion and speculation, as much as anyone else. My reference was to your assertion that I should delete the guy and "butt out", which is really against the whole spirit of this place.

and asking them to leave fits that spirit?

let people post what they want to... if you don't want to read what they write, scroll past past them... just 'cause you don't want to read it, doesn't mean others feel the same way.

scrolling past is nicer and takes much less effort than all this bitching.

Yes, but this so called, "God squad" is used as an all encompassing example of what Christians are like. Most people are extremely naive and uneducated when it comes to religion, and the mainstream media exploits this ignorance. If one is praying for lotto tickets, I highly doubt that they're sincerely religious.

I would suggest that perhaps those being discussed as "The God Squad" are most likely those who are the most vocal. In American Politics (I would say much more so than Canadian) Christianity is used as a social motivation technique. We can see this in play when members of the GOP (Perry, Bachmann, Cruz, Rand etc) justify their actions, bills etc. through the lens of the Christian god. Using the language of Religion and promoting "god is on our team" allows many politicians, political parties, and even rebels to motivate people to promote laws that may not be in their best interest. Not all Christians are amongst the vocal minority of the Christian Right. That may be changing as a Christian Left movement is becoming more vocal. I think it is unfair to presume the majority of people cannot discern the difference between a member of the "God Squad" and other Christians. Especially in a society where Christians have held the majority and are hegemonic in North America...its not like we have not encountered a Christian or two :)

Your comment about one praying for lotto tickets, and your doubt of their sincerity of their religion is not particularly fair. How can you decide what their beliefs are and how they interpret what they term as acceptable with god, what is not? Its all a matter of hermeneutics. Their sincerity in their beliefs should not be questioned.

This lack of understanding of religion you speak of, is not just a lack of understanding of Christianity....most faiths suffer from the same lack of understanding, and general knowledge.

The comment you made later in the thread about people should just ignore religion within advertising, or as in this specific case if one hegemonic religion is associated with the government and using a specific god to justify the wrongdoing of a politician....what if it was an Atheist, Muslim, Hindu or Zoroastrian sign? Would you feel the same that is should be ignored?

Well, you don't need to get all that detailed about Renata to draw that conclusion. We know enough about Rob to conclude that anyone who would choose to marry and breed with him obviously has poor judgement. She's obviously co-dependent...at best. She might also be a drinker. Remember, Rob implicated her without realizing it when he fessed up to his lying about being at the ACC drunk and disorderly....he said "my wife and I had too much to drink".

from rob's arrest in florida...

"I went for Valentine's with my wife, we had a couple of bottles of wine. I wasn't drunk, but maybe I shouldn't have been driving," Mr. Ford said.

(Asked again if it was bottles or glasses, Mr. Ford replied, "not bottles ... we shared a couple of litres of wine.")

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...r-his-campaign-into-the-ditch/article1378946/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back