741     0 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 735     0 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 1.3K     3 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's like these two fools are holding the city hostage.

The joke is that council has not made any official comment or declaration on this situation...by not going on the record about this, and doing what is possible to remove power from him they are saying to the business community that council is ok with this circus and is going to leave it to the mayor to deal with...

CNN and BBC etc are not going to let up on this story until it looks like we are acting.

Business and other interests in this city need to go on record as requesting council to have an emergency meeting as soon as possible to start to deal with the fallout of what is happening...they can't leave this another week till the next council (or december as people have been suggesting)...it needs to happen now, or else it will be weeks of bad publicity for the city.

The joke is that council has not made any official comment or declaration on this situation...by not going on the record about this, and doing what is possible to remove power from him they are saying to the business community that council is ok with this circus and is going to leave it to the mayor to deal with...

CNN and BBC etc are not going to let up on this story until it looks like we are acting.

Business and other interests in this city need to go on record as requesting council to have an emergency meeting as soon as possible to start to deal with the fallout of what is happening...they can't leave this another week till the next council (or december as people have been suggesting)...it needs to happen now, or else it will be weeks of bad publicity for the city.
...and fodder for comedians around the world

This was ignored the first time I posted it, so I'm going to reiterate it. I want Ford taken down as much as any of you, but I DO NOT THINK THE VICE SOURCE IS TELLING THE TRUTH.

archive.org has a snapshot taken of the site mentioned by the "hacker" on June 18 (ie after the Project Traveler raids happened) that shows a message the hosting site would show immediately upon setting the page up. See: https://web.archive.org/web/20130618071958/http://goonies.bugs3.com

I hope I'm wrong, because this is one crazy article. But I wouldn't get too excited about it yet.

Meaningless. That is just the public face for the domain. The owners wouldn't have to put anything there, they were using it as a storage site that they probably access directly from ftp and have no need for a dedicated 'log-in' page.

Rob Ford is really channeling his inner Tea Party; appealing to his Christian supporters... wonderful.. sigh... very desperate.

I think it was to cover for Doug. To say that Doug didn't know.

Totally, totally, totally. And how insane that he thinks anyone's going to believe that, and that he just can't stop lying. And how insane that either of them thinks Doug could get elected dog catcher at this point.

I was around someone who had a psychotic break from reality, which eventually turned into schizophrenia.
This kind of feels like that surreal situation.
People don't want to believe the truth.
The city and the city Council are still in denial.

I hardly know what to say. I will point out that everyone keeps mentioning Ford said "drunken stupor" but he said "ONE OF my drunken stupors."

I don't care if it makes me sound paranoid but I think this is all Doug, who was standing alongside glaring. Rob took a step forward when Doug was out of the building and then he came back and said, "Number one, you are going to tell everyone I didn't know and number two, you are not quitting. You're not going to ruin my road to the premiership!"

Not something I ever expected to see when Rob Ford was first elected.
Screen Shot 2013-11-05 at Tuesday Nov 5, 2013 4.56.53 PM.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-11-05 at Tuesday Nov 5, 2013 4.56.53 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-11-05 at Tuesday Nov 5, 2013 4.56.53 PM.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 657
Probably it'll go up. Who among us hasn't been so wasted that that they smoked crack in a drunken haze? Are we all so lily white and holier than thou?

while the Forum Research numbers suggest that Ford's support has gone up, polls taken immediately after big political revelations can sometimes be misleading, says Chris Eby, a media consultant for communications firm Navigator.

Eby says that upon hearing the chief's speech, people who have supported Ford all along would reflexively defend the mayor.

"It's hard to accept for a lot of people who have been defending the mayor that they've been lied to. It takes a little while for that to sink in," he says.

"I think if you took another poll mid-week or next week, I think the numbers would be very different."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/toronto-mayor-rob-ford-could-easily-get-re-elected-1.2355481

It feels awful to say, but I am actually HOPING that a man was killed and Ford can be proven responsible for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back