1.2K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 371     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't been following since I'm busy at work, but for what it is worth, I am proud of him for doing the right thing by telling the truth, eventually.

Yes I am also aware that at this point it means very little, but for him it does show some growth of a person.

He's just trying to save his ass. He knows the shitstorm is coming.

Vice asked for a comment, meaning he was tipped off that this story was going to break. Maybe that explains the timing of the confession?

Guys, um, does this imply what I think it does about the Anthony Smith murder? LIKE HOLY FUCKING SHIT.

On May 31, over email, Amin told the hacker “the big guy” got the link and login information concerning the web-storage account from a person who “was just picked up out west” and was concerned that their arrest might “impact the site.” This email was sent one day after a man named Hanad Mohamed was arrested in Fort McMurray, Alberta, after fleeing Toronto.

Hanad had previously been charged with first-degree murder for the killing of Anthony Smith, but the Crown has downgraded his charges to aggravated assault and accessory to discharging a firearm in connection with the non-fatal shooting of a man named Muhammad Khattak. Khattak is pictured with Rob Ford in front of the house where the crack tape was filmed.

Hanad has also been charged with accessory after the fact to manslaughter, as the police now believe he drove Nisar Hashimi—a 23 year-old man who turned himself in for the murder, and is currently serving nine years for the manslaughter of Anthony Smith—away from the scene of the Anthony's murder. Three weeks after Hanad’s arrest, in the same Fort McMurray apartment where the cops found him, another man, Hanad Hussein, was thrown from a six-story balcony.

tiffer:

Paying for it is the least of it - using city resources and staff to engage in criminal activities - the entire den is into it.

AoD

...The hacker did, however, provide us with screenshots of the password-protected directory’s contents and said he downloaded two video files that were heavily encrypted into a GreenForce-Player format. Just in case you’re not an encryption expert, the GFP format is so secure its creators have offered up a bounty—GFP’s source code—to anyone who can decrypt it. So far, that bounty has been left unclaimed.

So this is why it took so long for TPS to get the video (assuming their copy was encrypted).

And T = Towhey according to the report - so before anyone give him a prize, keep that in mind.

AoD

I feel like everyone's been giving Towhey a pass for too long. Sure, it looked like he took a principled stand, and he likes to joke around on Twitter. "Seems like a good guy." I won't be shocked to see the gravity of this pull him back in.

Just wanted to mention that I saw Kathryn Humphries on CityTV last night talking about Rob Ford and mentioning that she didn't like his personal habits but that she liked his work as mayor, and all the taxes he cut. I really had no idea she was a moron, but it's nice to have that out in the open, I guess. It seems like the whole "He was a good Mayor outside of the personal stuff" is a meme that really needs to be shut down now that we're finished proving that he does hard drugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back