2.1K     2 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.4K     1 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 568     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
The stupid fucking Toronto press corps are busy waiting for the Mayor while Vice magazine has found the clearest link yet between Ford and the Smith murder. I hope the TPS/OPP are WAY ahead of them on this. This is THE scoop in this article.

The stupid fucking Toronto press corps are busy waiting for the Mayor while Vice magazine has found the clearest link yet between Ford and the Smith murder. I hope the TPS/OPP are WAY ahead of them on this. This is THE scoop in this article.

I'm sure the papers are all over it. Give them a few hours.

So this is why it took so long for TPS to get the video (assuming their copy was encrypted).

More likely the video was downloaded from phone to the computer which was used to encrypt the video and post it to secure cloud storage. The user then deleted but did not overwrite the original file from the computer. That's what the cops found.

Wonder if "the hacker" will be willing to come forward. I hope either that, or someone else picks up the story and confirms the info. Because Vice will of course be dismissed as not a credible news source.

They're letting the reporters in at 4 pm to set up; Ford will come out for his announcement once the media is set up.

Guys, seriously read that Vice article closely. Hanad Mohamed gave Ford login info. Hanad is the guy who drove Hashimi away from the Anthony Smith murder.

This is truly Toronto's Watergate.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. There is not a lot to establish the credibility of this story. While the timeline matches perfectly and this totally seems like the type of thing that was likely happening behind the scenes, without the hacker's identity known, there is always the possibility that this is fabrication. If this is real then WOW.

Let's see if the Star has anything. Any comments on this MetroMan?

More likely the video was downloaded from phone to the computer which was used to encrypt the video and post it to secure cloud storage. The user then deleted but did not overwrite the original file from the computer. That's what the cops found.

That's a possibility. Breaking certain types of encryption isn't exactly trivial for law enforcement (eg TOR). I don't know too much about GFP, but it sounds like it would be next to impossible for TPS to crack it. They probably recovered an unencrypted version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back