726     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 669     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 297     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coming from two guys who routinely insult other politicians, on their soap box radio program. These guys are really not self aware at all.

lol

Exactly!

I will say this...they're saying exactly what they need to say to make sure their base is behind them 100%. For them, his random apology (for unspecified things he's done wrong in his life) will be all they need.

Now he's justifying why he should be able to by the parkland behind his house.

'It's tiny.' "The city has enough parkland".

LOL

i honestly want to get in a room with this guy and explain to him how the affordable housing thing is going to work. it's not government housing

Now that he's turning over a new page we should start calling him Ford 2.0. Well, either that or Ford Vista. Come to think of it, Ford ME might be the better analogy.

Bennett000:

Well, first it was career politician, now it is a thankless job. I didn't know schizophernia runs in the family.

AoD

Funny, given that being a politician has been Rob Ford's only real job. Unless you count working for the family business, which I don't. If RoFo got a CFO job on his own merit, that might be different, but he didn't, and we all know how bizarre his maths skills are.

They both clearly despise their supporters. Just keep lying to them and the suckers will back you every time.

oh my god, what a straw man!!!! does anyone at city hall make $200,000? Not even the mayor makes that much!!

Then why did he negotiate a TPS contract with mandatory raises...

Also, a COLA is not a raise - it keeps your pay from going down in real terms.

i honestly want to get in a room with this guy and explain to him how the affordable housing thing is going to work. it's not government housing

That would be like talking to a wall. Ford thinks landlords are giving rentals away with two months free rent. Somehow he also thinks he should be running the city, yet he doesn't know how the bulk of the residents keep roofs over their heads!

I made it through Rob's non-specific non-apology, and then gave up in disgust.

Instead I sent this letter to Executive Committee.

To the members of the Executive Committee:

Mayor Ford has now 'apologized' for his 'mistakes', and insisted that he can continue on in his role. It is not enough. How will you respond?

I am beyond disgusted that the mayor of our city is the subject of a police investigation. I am shocked at the material that has been released so far regarding the mayor's conduct and use of drugs, and I am genuinely afraid of what we will learn next.

The mayor's 'apology' is not enough, after six months of denial and deception about his substance, his relationships with accused and convicted criminals, and his . This behaviour goes beyond a 'mistake'. This behaviour is a betrayal of the citizens of Toronto. And it is a knowing betrayal, because it reflects a pattern of behaviour that goes back years: public indiscretions, followed by denials, until clear proof emerges of his behaviour, at which point he shrugs and says things like "I'm honest as the day as long."

His promise to make changes in his life, while continuing to fulfill a position of high public trust, after such a betrayal, is not and cannot be enough. The mayor cannot "continue to do his job" or "move forward" under these circumstances. How can we trust the mayor to be free of the influence of his drug dealers? How can we trust him to stop his abuse of alcohol and drugs, when he can't even bring himself to openly state that he uses them?

Somehow, Doug Ford's insistence that no one can "buy Rob Ford" is not reassuring.

The mayor does not have my forgiveness. He does not have my trust. He must step down, for the good of the city.

I hope to hear a clear statement from the executive committee, publicly condemning the mayor's behaviour and requesting that he resign. If you continue to stand behind him, you will also have lost my trust.

I'm curious to see if there will be a response, or if the mayor will, once again, be allowed to glide away from the consequences of his behaviour.

And why did he negotiate a TPS contract with mandatory raises...

Also, a COLA is not a raise - it keeps your pay from going down.

Exactly. It shouldn't really be factored in to "a raise" - but for a sheltered guy who never worked for a company where he had to do serious negotiation with a boss that wasn't a parent, I don't expect he'd understand any of that.

Now he's talking about the amazing christmas decorations - just massive. Isn't that gravy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back