714     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 663     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 295     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding the pg number for Lisi's trip to DECO, I believe it's pg 256 out of memory but ill double check when I get home.

I'm afraid this "apology" , I hesitate to call it that ... will be enough to fuel the Ford lover's out there, a # which I'm also afraid is much higher then we like to give credit (i.e. 30%ish) and that'll be enough to win the next election with all the vote splitting that'll likely take place among the rest of the candidates.

Lets be honest, someone who still supports Ford at this point, isn't going to be swayed by any other candidate; I'm afraid what this says about the general population of Toronto if this # is indeed over 30% ...

Again, last election, completely predictable (i.e. not in a bad way), the majority of folks new nothing about him, though anyone who was informed should have (from a political point of view, not his extracurricular activities) ...

She wasnt a prostitute. She worked as a physiotherapist. She was gainfully employed, 35, and disappeared off the street in the morning. She could be me. Lets be careful of what we infer about this totally innocent and still missing woman.

i think this has different details than the last thing like this that was posted..

Missing woman, Jaclyn Dawe, 35
Broadcast time: 09:53

Monday, February 11, 2013
14 Division
416−808−1400
The Toronto Police Service is requesting the public's assistance locating a missing woman. Jaclyn Dawe, 35, was last seen on Saturday, February 9, 2013, at 9:30 a.m., in the Benway Drive/Stavely Cresent area.
She is described as white, 5'4", 106 lbs., blue eyes with straight brown hair. She was last seen wearing a brown 3/4−length jacket.
Her car was left abandoned on Benway Drive. Police are concerned for her safety.

http://www.noodls.com/view/65187D1FA6F19B0B7930AD63ACEA9303DC5A5EDF

note the address is not given. and her car being abandoned is mentioned.

Admitting he got hammered on the Danforth and on St. Patricks

"Hopefully it doesn't happen again"

"Hopefully"

LOL

This show is actually pretty good entertainment :p

All of this backtracking is hilarious.

Doug is saying he'll curb his drinking...as though he can just do it. He's an addict.

They're not addressing that

a) They denied much of this and
b) Blamed some sort of media conspiracy against them

If there was no evidence they'd be denying it.

Rob Ford: "I'm only human"

Doug Ford: "It bugs me when I see the lily white people critizing"

'You've helped so many people'. 'Things are booming'.

Rob Ford: "I've never blamed anyone else." LOL

This actually comes across as Doug looking after his little brother, calling him to account and maybe even be accountable. But at the same time, we get an inside look into the relationship - Doug pushing Rob into a corner and Rob getting really frustrated and lashing out.

It seems like what Rob really needs is someone who isn't his big brother helping him out. He needs someone he actually admires and won't get pissy at.

Doug Ford says they have support from immigrants because many of them come from countries loaded with corruption, and that Rob is 'an honest guy that goes to people's doors'.

These clowns are unbelieveable.

Ford just admitted to being "hammered" on the Danforth and on St. Paddy's day on the radio

And then he said that he hoped it doesn't happen again, but that he can't promise anything. Brilliant. Also, his basic concession is that he's going to try to cut down on his drinking. Jesus. he just doesn't get it.

this is also coming across as a bit too strategic.

"Rob - we didn't hit it the first time. You have to shed some tears, ok? No one is going to buy it if you don't. So I'm going to hit you really hard, OK? I'm going to say some things that will upset you, but that's what we want. Do you think you can turn on the waterworks?"

Just watch, Doug will do it again later on, but bring up his kids and family... then we'll see some real tears.

I'd like to believe it's all genuine, though...

Is anybody keeping track of which city councillors have publicly called for Ford to resign? Someone should create a website that keeps track of this for posterity (and specifically for reference in future elections) -- e.g., robfordcondoners.com.

I'm afraid this "apology" , I hesitate to call it that ... will be enough to fuel the Ford lover's out there, a # which I'm also afraid is much higher then we like to give credit (i.e. 30%ish) and that'll be enough to win the next election with all the vote splitting that'll likely take place among the rest of the candidates.

Lets be honest, someone who still supports Ford at this point, isn't going to be swayed by any other candidate; I'm afraid what this says about the general population of Toronto if this # is indeed over 30% ...

Again, last election, completely predictable (i.e. not in a bad way), the majority of folks new nothing about him, though anyone who was informed should have (from a political point of view, not his extracurricular activities) ...

Look on the bright side. The redacted portions of the ITO alone indicate there's far more to this story. Over the next few weeks we should hopefully see more, and more news that becomes increasingly harder for the Ford nationals to rebut. With any luck the Ford/Sun feud stays strong, and the Sun readers slowly start coming around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back