205     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 860     1 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 546     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
When the Toronto Health Board pushed for a wider smoking ban in some outdoor locations, see Toronto Sun article at this link, there was this comment made by Rob Ford:

Ford balked Monday at the idea of strengthening the city’s smoking ban.

“I hate the smell ... I’m not a smoker, I don’t like it,†Ford said. “But, I just don’t like government getting involved, telling people where they can smoke, where they can’t. How far are they going to push us?

“Are they going to make the city eventually one day smoke-free, like you can’t smoke anywhere?â€

I would have to assume by those comments that there was not tobacco in that pipe.

i can't quickly find a comment to quote for this one, but...

dennis morris (the hotmail lawyer) has been a ford laywer for decades. he was randy's lawyer in the 80's.

And another mystery...where does all this leave the idea that the police were investigating a major celebrity drug ring including the notorious "prominent hockey analyst"?

there is still a lot that can, and hopefully will, come out from project traveller.

Rumours now of a similarly-sounding "Pat from Etobicoke" calling in on 1010 earlier in the day today. Anyone know more about this?
It's quite amazing that "they" still think that AM radio is powerful enough to get someone elected. OK, maybe it worked once.

I think a third of those are sarcastic while the others seem sincere. And that Sattva Namaste aka Leon Brule is a fucking idiot troll who spends literally all day on #topoli trying to get a rise out of people.
I've always wondered who was behind that handle. Any more juice on this Leon Brule?

Toronto Region Board of Trade calls on Mayor Ford to take leave of absence.
This is quite unprecedented I think!

ah, but this case is the inverse of the typical limited liability case. They probably won't be suing Dough Ford Inc, but Doug Ford the person. As a person you have unlimited liability and that includes any shares of any corporate holdings you have, and a garnishment on future wages. Not sure what the rules in Ontario are, but in BC, not even a bankruptcy excuses a court ordered settlement. Debts, CRA, bills, yup - court orders, nope.

So theoretically, they could take Doug for all he has.

What do you think you mean by a "court ordered settlement"? When cases are settled by contract no court order is made except to dismiss the case because it has settled. Or, if the parties agree to a court order as a way to settle then it is like any other judgment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back