News   Jul 12, 2024
 713     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 304     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's radio. He can phone in

He'll use this as a chance to recite his "accomplishments", bash a few "lefties", then probably blame others for his shortcomings. The only time we're going to hear from this fool is when he can control the questions, no more scrums.
Anything else?

I wonder if Douggie is still husslin' hash. Easiest drug dealer to find, ever and I just brought back a wikkid Ute animal bone pipe from Utah (for tobacco use only :p ).

Does Deco Labels really exist and have employees or is it a front? I mean do people really still use labels or what is the demand?

Doug Ford says he doesn’t feel entitled. “I’m not here to hide that the Fords have given back to the community for 55 years said:
How is it possible Doug has homes in Florida and Chicago and yet Rob Ford continues to live in the house he does which is nothing to look at? Things do not add up

Would we even notice if Price is dismissed? Hell, he hasn't been seen in awhile, maybe he's already been let go?
Price is a City employee so one assumes he is supposed to be at work or is not paid? Who monitors this? Perhaps, as part of his City employee 'monitoring program' Georgio M should be out taking photos of him doing personal stuff when he ought to be in the office?

Mammo is probably too busy figuring out a way to install security cameras in city hall washrooms to worry about the mayor's many "friends".

Somebody may have been let go over a very heated phone argument tonight. My rational guess is it's Provost but Ford doesn't talk like that with him so it could be Price. We shall see in the morning.

If Provost finally stood up to him, that could be it.

You don't fire your buddy you always fight with for fighting with you, but when your employee talks back, that's when things get ugly.

Let's not forget what Towhey said - when he was ultimately fired, it wasn't the first time that the Mayor freaked out at him on the telephone and fired him. Towhey showed up to work the next day assuming he was just upset and didn't mean it, since it had happened that way so many other times.

I'm waiting for 9:00 to roll around so that someone can report back on who is conspicuously absent from the mayor's office today.

Though if it was Price, it won't be as obvious. At least not immediately.

How is it possible Doug has homes in Florida and Chicago and yet Rob Ford continues to live in the house he does which is nothing to look at? Things do not add up

Rob Ford is cheap. He's a multimillionaire and continued driving a relatively inexpensive Chevrolet Uplander minivan from the mid 2000s until his brother bought him an Escalade. It makes him look pragmatic, but his stingy voting record reveals he's just a miser.

Rob Ford is cheap. He's a multimillionaire and continued driving a relatively inexpensive Chevrolet Uplander minivan from the mid 2000s until his brother bought him an Escalade. It makes him look pragmatic, but his stingy voting record reveals he's just a miser.

I'm going to be a bit unfair and "armchair psychologist" here but, it's probably the only thing that makes him distinct. He's not a remarkable guy in any way, and from the looks of it in his family he was always way behind everyone else and had a lot to live up to. At some point he became known as the "saver" / "pennypincher", and it's a label that stuck because it's probably the only thing that got him any kind of positive attention, whether from family (parental approval, "Good for you Robbie, not spending all your money on stupid things like your brothers and sister!") or from his first supporters before he became a councillor (IE, someone said "Rob, no one does this, if this becomes your thing you're gonna go places!") - and once he became a councillor, it was a popular schtick that he was already embodying. Hence, you end up with a Mayor who drives a shitty minivan.

Not that there's anything wrong with that - but there are more graceful ways to do it. Warren Buffet is famously modest, but only because people have looked into it - he doesn't go around preaching about how little he spends or how everyone else is wasting money just because they have a different set of values and priorities.

Here's one thing (among many) that I don't understand - Patriarch Ford was a politician to whom all his children looked up and whom at least two sought to emulate, both personally and professionally. High praise, on the surface. But really, the man has raised four ... rather shady and controversial kids. What gives here? What kind of a politician was Doug Ford Sr. (and i'm asking in the qualitative sense)? Perhaps the more onerous question is, what kind of a FATHER was Doug Ford Sr.?

Hope this isn't too off-topic, I'm just seeking insights into this madness.

I'm going to be a bit unfair and "armchair psychologist" here but, it's probably the only thing that makes him distinct. He's not a remarkable guy in any way, and from the looks of it in his family he was always way behind everyone else and had a lot to live up to. At some point he became known as the "saver" / "pennypincher", and it's a label that stuck because it's probably the only thing that got him any kind of positive attention, whether from family (parental approval, "Good for you Robbie, not spending all your money on stupid things like your brothers and sister!") or from his first supporters before he became a councillor (IE, someone said "Rob, no one does this, if this becomes your thing you're gonna go places!") - and once he became a councillor, it was a popular schtick that he was already embodying. Hence, you end up with a Mayor who drives a shitty minivan.

Not that there's anything wrong with that - but there are more graceful ways to do it. Warren Buffet is famously modest, but only because people have looked into it - he doesn't go around preaching about how little he spends or how everyone else is wasting money just because they have a different set of values and priorities.

I also don't think you can underestimate the deleterious effects that unchecked addiction can have on your bank account.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back