821     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 743     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 313     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say, it doesn't sit right that all of these private residences are getting mapped out. Yes, you can make the case that the info is publicly available... but still, it almost lends credence to the statements that Doug Ford makes when he says his family is being spied on or is losing their privacy. I'm fine with all of the other stuff being mapped, but starting to put family members on (who have very tenuous connections to the main story) feels like it's crossing the line.

i wouldn't say that Kathy is in any way peripheral to the story--her ex-partner has been up close and personal with Rob's substance abuse since the late 1980s. he knows, and she knows, absolutely everything. only difference is that Scott is trying to sell his story to the media for (low) five figures and she isn't.

I have to say, it doesn't sit right that all of these private residences are getting mapped out. Yes, you can make the case that the info is publicly available... but still, it almost lends credence to the statements that Doug Ford makes when he says his family is being spied on or is losing their privacy. I'm fine with all of the other stuff being mapped, but starting to put family members on (who have very tenuous connections to the main story) feels like it's crossing the line.

It's a fair point. I won't be Kathy's house on the map - at least not unless there's a reason why she's directly involved in the case(s). I started putting it together in an attempt to better understand a situation of considerable importance about which we have been given very little hard information. I'm just trying to follow the breadcrumbs, which I think is what many fellow members of this forum are seeking to do as well.

Given Rob's fuse getting shorter and shorter, I've been whimsically wondering if he'd wind up the first sitting mayor in modern Western democracy to be taken down by a police bullet (that is, if he goes ballistic at reporters and then just plain frothing-at-the-mouth ballistic)

Given Rob's fuse getting shorter and shorter, I've been whimsically wondering if he'd wind up the first sitting mayor in modern Western democracy to be taken down by a police bullet (that is, if he goes ballistic at reporters and then just plain frothing-at-the-mouth ballistic)

i think it is more likely he will go out in the spirit of R. Budd Dwyer. The youtube links are not for the faint of heart.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R._Budd_Dwyer

is he a Friend of Dorothy? not that there's anything wrong with it, but i've often wondered about him 'in that way'. something about those gold chains...

FWIW (which ain't much) I heard it was/is underage prostitutes. Didn't get any word on what gender though.

-Scarlett Heights Entrepreneurial Academy (formerly Scarlett Heights Collegiate Institute) 15 Trehorne Drive - Rob, Doug and David Price's high school

When they attended, wasn't it officially "Scarlett Heights Institute of Technology", or did that happen later?

Why would Blair want to give up on a role in one of the most important busts in Toronto, if not Canadian history, on account of Ron fucking Tavener?

Yes, why indeed. At this point, I'm so paranoid I would believe someone if they told me that Bill Blair's brother is the head of one of the country's largest construction unions.

And yet I would be correct.

Not that my insider knowledge means anything but I have a friend who works at city hall for a liberal councillor, and apparently almost everyone knows the video exists and has been seen by many non-criminal/journalist types aka lawyers, so I never doubted the police viewed it.

If your insider info of of the same general source as mine, then I think you mean "videos" not "video".

Last edited:
MOU634-770x654.jpg

http://www.nationalnewswatch.com/2013/10/24/mike-duffy-waits-for-character-reference-from-rob-ford/

Attachments

• MOU634-770x654.jpg
    MOU634-770x654.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 374
I know it to be a fact. As far as i know there have been no takers, as Toronto newspapers don't pay their sources....
Sure they do. The Sun pays well for it's sources.

Every time I walk past the Sun "building" at 7 AM, there's always a stack of about 20 new Toronto Stars there. At about $500 a subscription per year, the Sun must be paying about $10,000 a year for it's sources. :)

The Star does pay for some stories but it's not a lot. sometimes 500 bucks, sometimes a thousand. (Doolittle at Word On The Street festival mentioned this).

The Star does pay for some stories but it's not a lot. sometimes 500 bucks, sometimes a thousand. (Doolittle at Word On The Street festival mentioned this).

well we know what the cutoff is anyway...somewhere south of $200,000.
Scott is looking for 20,000 or even less, but its still probably too much, and "who is going to believe a drug addict?" etc.

i think it is more likely he will go out in the spirit of R. Budd Dwyer. The youtube links are not for the faint of heart.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R._Budd_Dwyer

You know, I have been holding on to this suggestion for awhile now, perhaps for my own selfish reasons to see Rob fall, but I think now is the best time to say it.

Rob, if you are reading this; or if anyone who has connections with him please relay this message: TURN YOURSELF IN!

It is only a matter of time before the police arrest you, and I am certain the thought of such an arrest has been like a dark cloud over you these past several months, causing intense amounts of stress. Think of your family: your mother, your wife, your children, your siblings - do you want them to see you crack under the stress and pressure and end up like Dwyer? What your father think if he saw you do something like that?

Even Clinton came forward in the end when he realized the jig was up regarding his infidelity, so you would not be the first politician to admit the truth about indiscretions. If you feel your actions were that serious, have a lawyer come with you to the police station.

Rob, I can assure you that no matter what you did, the system will be far more lenient with you if you turn yourself in rather than the police having to bring you in themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back