814     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 738     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 310     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I *can* see the Fords having the illegal-firearms means of doing so, somehow an R. Budd Dwyer solution (especially as a public spectacle) seems too "calculated" for Rob Ford--it'd more likely be a spontaneous outburst that'd lead to him being "subdued" (or even keeling over from a coronary).

Esp. depending on what he'd be needled for, Doug seems more the Dwyer type.

And then, of course, the old "black Escalade as white Bronco" prospect...

You know, I have been holding on to this suggestion for awhile now, perhaps for my own selfish reasons to see Rob fall, but I think now is the best time to say it.

Rob, if you are reading this; or if anyone who has connections with him please relay this message: TURN YOURSELF IN!

It is only a matter of time before the police arrest you, and I am certain the thought of such an arrest has been like a dark cloud over you these past several months, causing intense amounts of stress. Think of your family: your mother, your wife, your children, your siblings - do you want them to see you crack under the stress and pressure and end up like Dwyer? What your father think if he saw you do something like that?

Even Clinton came forward in the end when he realized the jig was up regarding his infidelity, so you would not be the first politician to admit the truth about indiscretions. If you feel your actions were that serious, have a lawyer come with you to the police station.

Rob, I can assure you that no matter what you did, the system will be far more lenient with you if you turn yourself in rather than the police having to bring you in themselves.

This will never happen as long as Doug is pulling Rob's strings. Rob in police custody would be alpha-Doug's worst nightmare. Could even prompt a Michael Corleone/Stringer Bell/Tony Soprano/Heisenberg type of response.

David Soknacki - The former councillor wants to run for mayor in 2014; here he takes on police services and the City's budget.

[E]ach Torontonian pays more for policing than almost any other provincial resident. In return we have the second-highest number level of officers and staff per capita. Unfortunately that high cost and number of officers does not produce satisfactory results. Our rate of crime is about average…nor is our force adept at catching criminals. Toronto’s police service has the lowest rate of solving violent crime, an unenviable record it has held for the last three years.

http://torontoist.com/2013/10/duly-quoted-david-soknacki/

and

http://www.insidetoronto.com/opinio...-police-costs-efficiency-need-to-be-examined/

he has also said some intelligent things about the ttc recently...

http://www.insidetoronto.com/news-s...eadlines-subway-debate-finished-not-a-chance/

Somebody may have been let go over a very heated phone argument tonight. My rational guess is it's Provost but Ford doesn't talk like that with him so it could be Price. We shall see in the morning.

Somebody may have been let go over a very heated phone argument tonight. My rational guess is it's Provost but Ford doesn't talk like that with him so it could be Price. We shall see in the morning.

The plot thickens!

Ford is scheduled to appear on the Gerry Agar show tomorrow morning at 9:30 so perhaps will find out then - if not sooner.

Jerry Agar ‏@jerryagar1010 5h
Toronto Mayor Ford looks back at 3 years since elected and plans for next year, Friday 9:30 am @newstalk1010

Did we ever find out what the "family emergency" was on Monday evening that forced Ford to abruptly leave a transit meeting? I get the feeling it was probably not related to family matters. I suspect Ford got word of shit hitting the fan somewhere. Was Provost seen at city hall this week? He was not at the press conference that the Mayor stormed out of. Usually he flanks the Mayor at these appearances.

Any idea what was discussed? What was the argument about?

Which Ford would have done the firing, Rob or Doug? Did you hear any part of the conversation or is this info from some of those relaxed people you encounter at work?

Provost seems to be the last sane, politically experienced staffer in the mayor's office. Pretty sure the fish has been around longer than some of the latest hires.

Purely Speculative Plot twist Alert: Price turns himself in to take heat off Fords.

Suicide is pretty funny when it's someone you don't like.

"Hey Man, Nice Shot" is the title of a song about R. Budd Dwyer.

Frankly I would be surprised if Ford's critics would want blood on the walls - too easy then to make a martyr of RoFo. I'd rather he stick around and deal with the consequences of his actions, maybe turn it into to a teachable moment for our uninformed electorate.

It's not like I'd actually say what a good shot, man. I'd be horrified. Merely riffing (rofl) on the Dwyer reference.

I dislike this man and most everything he stands for intensely but to revive the 'death-wish' posts is in really bad taste, and frankly offensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back