335     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 441     2 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 1.2K     3 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
People freak out all the time - I heard that language in Tim Horton's this morning - should I go to the Star about it for a story?

If it's a controversial public figure, paid for with our tax dollars, abusing our publicly paid for employees, yes please. Especially when it's a recurring theme that even escalates to physical smashy smashiness of our public spaces, also paid for by tax dollars.

You know what people should be outraged at...this nugget from the Star's piece on this subject:

The former high school football coach and longtime family friend of the Fords was hired by the mayor in April and given an estimated $130,000-a-year salary. His job currently entails monitoring how efficient the office is in responding to emails.

That seems like a lot of money to make sure that Bob or Sally are replying to constituent emails....no?

Also explains a lot that Price commutes every morning from Georgetown. How many of his office staff do you reckon live south of St. Clair?

You know what people should be outraged at...this nugget from the Star's piece on this subject:

That seems like a lot of money to make sure that Bob or Sally are replying to constituent emails....no?

Totally unfair. I hear he's also quite skilled with a collapsable police baton.

Also explains a lot that Price commutes every morning from Georgetown. How many of his office staff do you reckon live south of St. Clair?

Funny that...but I was impressed that he takes the train.

I live on that line and have been told by my MPP that they do not take the train because of the limited schedule (Editorial note.that had not led them to stand up once in the house and speak for expansion of that service :( )....I honestly was pleasantly surprised that a member of Ford's inner staff actually uses public transit to get to work.

Perhaps he normally drives to work but in a fit of rage that day he smashed his car windows, slashed his tires, threw a molotov cocktail in the back seat and shoved a banana in the tailpipe.

Perhaps he normally drives to work but in a fit of rage that day he smashed his car windows, slashed his tires, threw a molotov cocktail in the back seat and shoved a banana in the tailpipe.

humour...I know...but the article states that his fits of rage are a fairly regular happening at the GO station....so I assume that he commutes via the GO regularly.

I have seen presto cards cause angry people a few times....people generally arrive at the station just in time for their train....they tap...error see attendant...they go to the attendant...card fixed...train left. I would bet it is less of an issue on the Lakeshore line because, at max, the the next train is only half an hour away....on this line, however, the next train could be "tomorrow"....people get angry...not defending him ('cause it seems like a pattern of behaviour) but he is not the only "angry GO customer guy" out there!

I have seen presto cards cause angry people a few times....people generally arrive at the station just in time for their train....they tap...error see attendant...they go to the attendant...card fixed...train left. I would bet it is less of an issue on the Lakeshore line because, at max, the the next train is only half an hour away....on this line, however, the next train could be "tomorrow"....people get angry...not defending him ('cause it seems like a pattern of behaviour) but he is not the only "angry GO customer guy" out there!

We'll see if indeed it was his Presto card if tomorrow Rob Ford announces that he wants to "scrap the Presto card... because it's what the taxpayers want."

Isn't that more than the mayor himself is paid? I seem to remember the mayor's salary being somewhere around $100k.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back