1.3K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 383     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right so you DO believe that three major newspapers (including the SUN) are all involved in an anti-Ford conspiracy together while fabricating evidence and stories and sources and quotes completely out of thin air. Fair enough. But go ahead and keep typing posts as if your representing an intelligent, reasoned point of view.

Twist my words whichever way you would like, I never said there was a cross-media anti-Ford conspiracy, I just said the papers are overselling the same story that hasn't changed much. Show me where I said anything about stuff being fabricated or pulled out of thin air...

Last edited:
blah blah blah

Hey! Earth to HaveLove. We’ve “been-there-done-that†with you guys already. The nonsense you’re spouting is exactly the same as what’s-his-name that got banned a few months back. You guys come and go like clockwork, each with a different name, each saying the exact same things, indistinguishable from each other, like the clones you are.

And as always, you are the living embodiment of The Contrarian Troll.

A sophisticated breed, Contrarian Trolls frequent boards whose predominant opinions are contrary to their own. A forum dominated by those who support firearms and knife rights, for example, will invariably be visited by Contrarian Trolls espousing their beliefs in the benefits of gun control. It is important to distinguish between dissenters and actual Contrarian Trolls, however; the Contrarian is not categorized as a troll because of his or her dissenting opinions, but due to the manner in which he or she behaves:

Contrarian Warning Sign Number One: The most important indicator of a poster's Contrarian Troll status is his constant use of subtle and not-so-subtle insults, a technique intended to make people angry. Contrarians will resist the urge to be insulting at first, but as their post count increases, they become more and more abusive of those with whom they disagree. Most often they initiate the insults in the course of what has been a civil, if heated, debate to that point.

Contrarian Warning Sign Number Two: Constant references to the forum membership as monolithic. "You guys are all just [descriptor]." "You're a lynch mob." "You all just want to ridicule anyone who disagrees with you."

Contrarian Warning Sign Number Three: Intellectual dishonesty. This is only a mild indicator that is not limited to trolls, but Contrarians display it to a high degree. They will lie about things they've said, pull posts out of context in a manner that changes their meanings significantly, and generally ignore any points for which they have no ready answers.

Contrarian Warning Sign Number Four: Accusing the accusers. When confronted with their trolling, trolls immediately respond that it is the accusers who are trolls (see Natural Predators below). Often the Contrarian will single out his most vocal opponent and claim that while he can respect his other opponents, this one in particular is beneath his notice.

Contrarian Warning Sign Number Five: Attempts to condescend. The Contrarian will seek refuge in condescending remarks that repeatedly scorn his or her critics as beneath notice – all the while continuing to respond to them.

Contrarian Warning Sign Number Six: One distinctive mark of Contrarian Trolls is that every thread in which they dissent quickly devolves into a debate about who is trolling whom. In the course of such a debate the Contrarian will display many of the other Warning Signs mentioned above.

Show me where I said anything about stuff being fabricated or pulled out of thin air...

Just because someone says something exists, doesn't mean it it exists. There is no UFO's in Area 51, no unicorns, or Sasquatch, etc. So enough with pretending something exists based on no ACTUAL evidence. I'm sorry but word of mouth is not evidence.

too easy

Hey! Earth to HaveLove. We’ve “been-there-done-that” with you guys already. The nonsense you’re spouting is exactly the same as what’s-his-name that got banned a few months back. You guys come and go like clockwork, each with a different name, each saying the exact same things, indistinguishable from each other, like the clones you are.

And as always, you are the living embodiment of The Contrarian Troll.

A sophisticated breed, Contrarian Trolls frequent boards whose predominant opinions are contrary to their own. A forum dominated by those who support firearms and knife rights, for example, will invariably be visited by Contrarian Trolls espousing their beliefs in the benefits of gun control. It is important to distinguish between dissenters and actual Contrarian Trolls, however; the Contrarian is not categorized as a troll because of his or her dissenting opinions, but due to the manner in which he or she behaves:

Contrarian Warning Sign Number One: The most important indicator of a poster's Contrarian Troll status is his constant use of subtle and not-so-subtle insults, a technique intended to make people angry. Contrarians will resist the urge to be insulting at first, but as their post count increases, they become more and more abusive of those with whom they disagree. Most often they initiate the insults in the course of what has been a civil, if heated, debate to that point.

Contrarian Warning Sign Number Two: Constant references to the forum membership as monolithic. "You guys are all just [descriptor]." "You're a lynch mob." "You all just want to ridicule anyone who disagrees with you."

Contrarian Warning Sign Number Three: Intellectual dishonesty. This is only a mild indicator that is not limited to trolls, but Contrarians display it to a high degree. They will lie about things they've said, pull posts out of context in a manner that changes their meanings significantly, and generally ignore any points for which they have no ready answers.

Contrarian Warning Sign Number Four: Accusing the accusers. When confronted with their trolling, trolls immediately respond that it is the accusers who are trolls (see Natural Predators below). Often the Contrarian will single out his most vocal opponent and claim that while he can respect his other opponents, this one in particular is beneath his notice.

Contrarian Warning Sign Number Five: Attempts to condescend. The Contrarian will seek refuge in condescending remarks that repeatedly scorn his or her critics as beneath notice – all the while continuing to respond to them.

Contrarian Warning Sign Number Six: One distinctive mark of Contrarian Trolls is that every thread in which they dissent quickly devolves into a debate about who is trolling whom. In the course of such a debate the Contrarian will display many of the other Warning Signs mentioned above.

Hey buddy, I came here to state my opinions, you are the one that went all personal on me because I don't agree with your point of view. If anything that makes you the "troll". I hardly ever use forums, so your little definition doesn't mean much to me.

I said people aren't being HUMAN, because you are judging someone without any other than circumstantial evidence.

Please tell me why rapists and murders can be innocent until PROVEN guilty, but not Ford? You are making actual allegations seem like fact, but allegations are not fact, fact is when allegations are PROVEN.

You just pick the parts of different posts of mine to make it seem like it's the same conversation, you are such a troll!

I was referring to the existence of the video being fabricated, not everything that they say in the papers... The papers report on what they are told to report on, that's their job. Reporters can be wrong. Being wrong does not mean it's fabricated.

Thank goodness for the block button. It's a shame when a new contributor (I'm using the term loosely) is so immature that he/she get's off on endlessly provoking people. It creates a bad atmosphere on threads, but only for a short time, thankfully. Most who enjoy it here, come to share ideas/links/news and humor, in an atmosphere of mutual respect.

I appreciate that.

Please tell me why rapists and murders can be innocent until PROVEN guilty, but not Ford?
Because Ford hasn't been charged with anything?

Being guilty is nothing to do with being proven guilty of not. Look at OJ Simpson. Proven not guilty of murder in court.

OJ is still a murderer. And Rob Ford is still a drug user.

There's no end of evidence that Rob Ford is a bigot demonstrated by his anti-same sex marriage comments. Personally I don't see how one can be comfortable supporting someone with such bigoted views.

Since Ford was elected mayor in 2010, his office has been hit with 175 FOI requests. City staff confirmed Ford’s office has been the subject of 63 FOI requests this year alone. By comparison, former mayor David Miller’s office had 30 FOI requests during his entire two terms.

I wonder how Ford gets away with saying that people are out to get him (sarcasm)

I actually wonder if the Mayor can decline the FOI's. He can honestly say that his office is staffed for 3 or 4 FOI's (based on past experience).
Now, at a rate of about 100 per year (this year), it should be quite understandable that he can't comply.

What ever I'm done with this forum after only 6 posts (7 after this), how sad. Can't have a discussion without people getting all personal.

News flash to you sad and desperates; Ford will get back into the Mayor's Chair.

The entire crack cocaine scandal is easy to see what actually happen. The big part, is the fact that Ford's name will be cleared and you will all be very disappointed that you wasted your summer following a scandal that was a complete misunderstanding from a situation.

I can make an EDUCATED guess at what ACTUAL happen with this whole thing, instead of just automatically rigging my brain to "FORD'S A CRACK HEAD" like most of you do without any other thought process involved.

Residents called the Mayor's office to complain about an increase in drug and crime activity in their area, and warn of something big that is going to go down. The person who called obviously wont want to be identified and have his/her name be confidential to avoid being a "rat" after the everything is done. The information is relayed to the police from the Ford's office to the police. The police already know about this area and are 1 year into their investigation, this tip off from a resident may have forced them to do the raid early before things go out of control. Police make raids and arrests, and they can't disclose anything to the public because it's going through the courts right now.

This is the most LOGICAL conclusion of what happen. When you think about it in all seriousness, without anything personal against the mayor, this conclusion makes sense for what happen. But for some strange reason, the mayors name is mashed into the entire mess, because of a ALLEGED video.

Maybe you will look back at this post and laugh at yourself when it comes to light that the entire project had nothing to do with Ford himself, and just the fact that one of his assistance contacted police about a tip from a resident.

Good luck with your lives all the ford haters, I'll be sure to come back here when he get's re-elected and see what's next.

FORD FOR 2014 MAYOR!

So do you believe that the Star reporters actually saw the video or not?

Absolutely not, the Star made up the story, and the other papers make make money off the same story that sparked interest.

They knew about the raids, and they threw his name into the situation before the raids hit the news just to make a "connection".

Its a bunch of bullshit, it's just the Mayor's office doing their job reporting stuff to police. You guys should be happy a bunch of guns, drugs and gang-bangers are off the streets, not disappointed that no video was recovered.

Your completely obsessed with this video and it's sad.

Last edited:
Rob Ford: "It's everyone else (especially dirty downtown commies)'s fault but mine and my family. It's not my fault that I am in hot water. It's not my fault I ruined the city. It's not my fault that I get in trouble all the time."

Everyone else (including us consensus): "Yeah right."

Last edited:
Please tell me why rapists and murders can be innocent until PROVEN guilty, but not Ford? You are making actual allegations seem like fact, but allegations are not fact, fact is when allegations are PROVEN.

I know what the horrendous Harris government did, but that does NOT excuse the current Liberal government from their eHealth, Orange, and Gas Plants scandals, that is a LOT of money wasted, a LOT.

If there's no video and they haven't been convicted in a court of law then it didn't happen right?

Of course those things happened and we know they did because all reasonable evidence tells us that it's true.

HaveLove, hmmm. What can I say?

...oh, have a good life, and don't let the door...oh neverrrrrrmind, let it hit you on the way out!

Quickly passing you an Oscar for the best performance by a drama queen, LOL.

What is your reasonable evidence!!! A Star reported that he saw a video but couldn't share the video. Best evidence in the world, Mayor deserves jail time now.

Before you go all quoting me again, I don't think there's a cross-media conspiracy. Just the Star. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back