352     0 
News   May 31, 2024
 296     0 
News   May 31, 2024
 502     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally cant stand streetcars. As a driver i keep getting stuck behind them. On roads that are 1 or 2 lanes in each direction the streetcar blocks both lanes when dropping off or picking up passengers. Buses can pull over to the curb. I bet that streetcars arent environmentally friendly when you have to factor in the cost of all the wires, electricity, tracks, and constant repair to the tracks/wires.

What is your origin and destination? I am confident that whatever they may be, I can inform you of an alternative which will have minimal encounters with them.

That said, have you tried taking said streetcars to your destination?

I personally cant stand streetcars. As a driver i keep getting stuck behind them. On roads that are 1 or 2 lanes in each direction the streetcar blocks both lanes when dropping off or picking up passengers. Buses can pull over to the curb. I bet that streetcars arent environmentally friendly when you have to factor in the cost of all the wires, electricity, tracks, and constant repair to the tracks/wires.

I can't believe you use wires as an argument against streetcars. I hope you realize that your car has 1 km+ or wire in it. Get a few thousand cars and you'll have way more wire than is in Toronto's streetcar network. And I shouldn't even have to explain the efficiency to you. One streetcar carrying dozens, sometimes even hundreds of passengers is clearly more efficient than any car can dream of being.

I love how people still think that building more roads (or removing streetcars) will somehow make their commute easier. Time and time again, it's been shown that adding more road capacity does nothing for improving commutes. It just means more cars will come to fill in the new available space. And now instead of 17,000 cars stuck in traffic, we have 17,500 cars (hypothetical numbers) stuck in traffic. That's what happens when we have our roads running at 100% capacity. The one and only solution is to get people out of cars and into rapid transit, or other means of transport.

October 27th, 2014 actually.

nope nope nope

We're gonna wake up one morning to find out it's only Oct 26, 2010. Rob Ford did not win...Smitherman did. It's gonna be just like season 9 of Dallas....we dreamt the whole thing!!

Nobody can know for sure but some people are certainly in a position to have been given off the record information from the police itself that the video was obtained in the raid. Regarding speculation on more photos, this is highly likely to be true. All the people in that one now famous photo were arrested and their cellphones were confiscated in their arrest. Those phones very likely contain photos taken by those men outside and probably inside the house. More photos will prove the first wasn't faked and lead to another fever pitch of questions directed at the Mayor. .

What if the raid was done to confiscate those cellphones and video to destroy and keep Ford in power? Why was Ford so confident after the police raid saying he did not know about the raid but was not worried. Come on now. It does not make sense.

What if the raid was done to confiscate those cellphones and video to destroy and keep Ford in power? Why was Ford so confident after the police raid saying he did not know about the raid but was not worried. Come on now. It does not make sense.

Rob Ford never made sense. He lies about easily disproven things. He doesn't operate the way you would expect a good liar to. He doesn't consider the ease of uncovering his lie. He just lies and hopes the topic goes away.

I don't believe that the entire police force is corrupt. There may be a few bad apples but I'm not going to jump on the conspiracy theory where the cops are putting their careers and lives on the line for Rob Ford. Really? Have you considered this carefully?

Rob Ford never made sense. He lies about easily disproven things. He doesn't operate the way you would expect a good liar to. He doesn't consider the ease of uncovering his lie. He just lies and hopes the topic goes away.

I don't believe that the entire police force is corrupt. There may be a few bad apples but I'm not going to jump on the conspiracy theory where the cops are putting their careers and lives on the line for Rob Ford. Really? Have you considered this carefully?

I don't know why anyone would put their carrer on the line for RF. There's just no benefit for them. So I'm not too worried about this video just vanishing.

Putting out a budget smaller than the year before is a monumental achievement, but it doesn't get the same press that issues like the plastic bag ban get.

Except he didn't put out a budget smaller than the year before.

Except he gave the police a raise that the fire fighters got matched, and declared the TTC an essential service so their next contract will match the police raise, too, so he's locked in most of the cost inflation the city faces for years.

Except he counts both cutting taxes and raising fees as saving money, as he is apparently unaware of accounting.

I, for one, am glad his staff is too few Muppet Babies (loved that line!) to do much except campaign. It does keep him from disrupting too many things. I'm deeply disappointed in Stintz and the Scarborough councillors caving on the SRT replacement. I'm assuming that it's part of some cockamamie Grand Plan to get elected and their theoretical next step is a DRL or Portlands work or some such, but the evidence shows Toronto never gets to the 'next step' in these plans.

Then there should consequently be plenty of evidence to support that theory. Good luck 007.

Um...you completely missed the point, which was that there is as much evidence to suggest that previous office's were overstaffed as there is to suggest Fords is understaffed.

Anyway, if all this talk about Tory running in place of Chow is true, I'm completely overjoyed. There's nobody I'd like better to be the frontrunner against Ford than Tory, who is pretty much incapable of winning an election.

Sounds too good to be true though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back