2K     2 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.4K     1 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 564     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
So where is the video?! It’s being referred to as “alleged†for a reason because NO ONE can confirm it exists, honestly until anyone objective I.E. NOT biased star reporters or “so-called†drug dealer chatter which cannot be confirmed by anyone other than “anonymous sources†can come forward and physically produce this video I consider it garbage from Ford haters.
So let's get more specific, malvern2 -- given everything you know, what do you think the actual probability is that there is a video of Ford appearing to smoke drugs? Give us a number -- 5% chance there's a video? 10%? What's your best guess?

The reason I think this is a useful exercise is that it gets away from dug-in certainty on either side and forces us all to confront how our beliefs change with the alleged evidence. As I said earlier, personally, given the evidence from police wiretaps (which occurred before the story broke in the press), the eyewitness accounts of two separate groups of journalists, the behaviour of Ford and his staff, Ford's proven association with drug dealers (including his own brother), Ford's history of substance abuse (including an arrest for marijuana possession and a DUI), and the comments by the police, I'd put the likelihood that the video exists at 95%. That is, I'm not 100% certain, but then again, I'm not 100% certain about anything.

So how about you? Given everything that you know, give us a number.

So let's get more specific, malvern2 -- given everything you know, what do you think the actual probability is that there is a video of Ford appearing to smoke drugs? Give us a number -- 5% chance there's a video? 10%? What's your best guess?

The reason I think this is a useful exercise is that it gets away from dug-in certainty on either side and forces us all to confront how our beliefs change with the alleged evidence. As I said earlier, personally, given the evidence from police wiretaps (which occurred before the story broke in the press), the eyewitness accounts of two separate groups of journalists, the behaviour of Ford and his staff, Ford's proven association with drug dealers (including his own brother), Ford's history of substance abuse (including an arrest for marijuana possession and a DUI), and the comments by the police, I'd put the likelihood that the video exists at 95%. That is, I'm not 100% certain, but then again, I'm not 100% certain about anything.

The probability of the video existing is 100 percent. It is asinine to believe that three separate people from 2 different media outlets conspired to flat out fabricate the story. That is enough without even taking into account the reports from other newspapers, Blair’s inability to state there is no Rob Ford involvement and the mass exodus of his staff.

I don’t think a tape exists, therefore I will say 0%. A video like this would not take this long to surface if it existed, the money was raised by Gawker and every reporter in Toronto was looking for it yet it seemed to “disappear”, honestly if the Star had any balls, it would have bought the tape when given the opportunity and dealt with the buying from drug dealer blow back afterwards...i dont consider the Star and gawker to be unbiased in thier reporting...

The probability of the video existing is 100 percent. It is asinine to believe that three separate people from 2 different media outlets conspired to flat out fabricate the story. That is enough without even taking into account the reports from other newspapers, Blair’s inability to state there is no Rob Ford involvement and the mass exodus of his staff.

You are, of course, absolutely correct but if one is a Fordite (Fordie?) you simply do not believe this and most likely believe in the idea that subways can be built at no cost to citizens or that the moon (which man has not landed on) is made of cheese. The only reasonable doubt is whether it was crack in the pipe.

Did a video exist? 100%. Does a video still exist? About 90%.

1) Ford told his staffers exactly where the video was located. That fact is pretty hard to ignore.

2) Numerous staffers have resigned, including his Chief of Staff. They wouldn't do that just for the hell of it.

3) The Police Chief skirted around the question about whether the raids had any link to Rob Ford. Do you not think that if the raids had nothing to do with Ford, that the Chief would have been more than happy to proclaim "these raids had no link whatsoever to Mayor Ford". That would have taken this whole video sideshow off his shoulders. But no, he couldn't do that, because he knows that isn't the case.

4) One of the men in a photo with Mayor Ford, taken outside a home that has numerous links to the drug trade, was murdered.

5) Numerous sources have spoken to the Globe and Mail (hardly a 'lefty' paper) and have independently consistent accounts that Doug Ford had been involved in the drug trade in the past.

6) At no time, during any of his press conferences or dealings with the media, has Rob Ford ever uttered the words "I have never smoked crack". He has given legalese responses that seem to say something similar on the surface, but when you examine them from a legal perspective, are absolutely meaningless. (ex: "I do not smoke crack". Yeah, well I haven't had a beer since yesterday, so I can legally claim that as of today "I don't drink alcohol". Technically true, but in the grand scheme of things, completely meaningless.)

All of these facts combined paints a pretty clear picture, and one that's easy to see, unless you choose to bury your head in the sand.

Last edited:
I don’t think a tape exists, therefore I will say 0%. A video like this would not take this long to surface if it existed, the money was raised by Gawker and every reporter in Toronto was looking for it yet it seemed to “disappear”, honestly if the Star had any balls, it would have bought the tape when given the opportunity and dealt with the buying from drug dealer blow back afterwards...i dont consider the Star and gawker to be unbiased in thier reporting...

My question isn't what the percentage is if it exists or not. The question is will you continue to support Ford if the tape does show up.

To some (Ford Nation people), the existence of a video of Ford smoking crack is not true and completely ridiculous. The thought of Ford doing something like that is completely preposterous. Therefore, what if someone asked Blair an equally preposterous question, such as "As a result of these recent raids, did you find a video of (insert a famous person here) engaging in group sex with farm animals?". If the answer was no, would Blair not say so? Or would he pour more fuel to the fire by saying that he, legally, can't respond because it'll ruin the investigation and the court is where the evidence will be presented. I'm sure there have been plenty of times that Blair has responded to questions with a denial in regards to police investigations and evidence.

To some (Ford Nation people), the existence of a video of Ford smoking crack is not true and completely ridiculous. The thought of Ford doing something like that is completely preposterous. Therefore, what if someone asked Blair an equally preposterous question, such as "As a result of these recent raids, did you find a video of (insert a famous person here) engaging in group sex with farm animals?". If the answer was no, would Blair not say so? Or would he pour more fuel to the fire by saying that he, legally, can't respond because it'll ruin the investigation and the court is where the evidence will be presented. I'm sure there have been plenty of times that Blair has responded to questions with a denial in regards to police investigations and evidence.

tumblr_lzx9ws1Rd91r342fho1_500.png

James_D, stop being a jerk, I don’t think the tape exists, I just said the Star should have bought the alleged tape that THEY claim to have seen (whatever is on it) instead of running this tabloid story with NO real evidence to back it up. As for supporting Ford if there was a tape (which I don’t think there is) I would have to definitely re-evaluate at that time. But if it came down to a Ford vs Chow sort of choice in the next election, I would pick Ford.

I don’t think a tape exists, therefore I will say 0%.
I think the video does exist, but I would only say 95%. You're still being black-and-white about this. Given all the considerations that others have provided, you nonetheless think there is literally no possibility that a video exists? No possibility at all?

James_D, stop being a jerk, I don’t think the tape exists, I just said the Star should have bought the alleged tape that THEY claim to have seen (whatever is on it) instead of running this tabloid story with NO real evidence to back it up. As for supporting Ford if there was a tape (which I don’t think there is) I would have to definitely re-evaluate at that time. But if it came down to a Ford vs Chow sort of choice in the next election, I would pick Ford.

Seeing the video is evidence. How is that so hard to understand?

In order for there to be no video three reporters from two different media outlets would have to deliberately conspire to entirely fabricate the whole story. To believe that is asinine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back