4.1K     5 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.9K     2 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 664     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
As for supporting Ford if there was a tape (which I don’t think there is) I would have to definitely re-evaluate at that time. But if it came down to a Ford vs Chow sort of choice in the next election, I would pick Ford.

I find this to be a fascinating game :) Let's say Rob Ford came out and said "Hell yeah I smoke crack, love it, ain't gonna stop smoking it" - still supporting him over Olivia Chow?

But then why not buy the tape then and there? The Star would have LOVED to nail Ford, and for 200k they could have. You’re going to expect me to believe they passed on that opportunity for what...moral reasons? The Star is nothing more than a tabloid, I don’t buy that for a second. Unlike you, I don’t trust everything people in the media (such as those belonging to a very biased “news” organization) claim to have seen, buy it, make it public and show it. Anything else is hearsay.

Seeing the video is evidence. How is that so hard to understand?

In order for there to be no video three reporters from two different media outlets would have to deliberately conspire to entirely fabricate the whole story. To believe that is asinine.

Add to that the fact that in order for that to be true, the Star would be risking not only their reputation, but probably the company itself, on a fabrication. Because if this was completely fabricated, you can bet your ass that Ford would have launched a defamation lawsuit against the Star by now. Instead, he cowered away from the media for a week.

If a media outlet came out with a fabricated story about me smoking crack, my 1st reaction would be "Hell no, I do not smoke crack. You'll be hearing from my lawyers later today. I'm going to end up owning 1 Yonge by the time this is over."

My question isn't what the percentage is if it exists or not. The question is will you continue to support Ford if the tape does show up.

Is this too hard to answer malvern? What is your answer? Will you continue to support Ford if the tape shows up?

malvern:

And yet you trust someone who stretched the very believability of his side of the story given all those forementioned oddities in behaviour? I mean, just what legitimate reason is there for stonewalling for a week, offering a legally meaningless statement, having one's photo taken with known criminals at a location of known criminal activity? You don't need to be Holmes to figure this one out. And yes, his worship has a history of serial lying about his behaviour as well - why should we be inclined to believe him, exactly? Hell, if it was a welfare cheat, I have a feeling you'd be the first to call for their heads.

sixrings:

What he support or doesn't support is his right - just don't make us believe that it is rational or otherwise defensible.

AoD

Last edited:
sixrings, I answered earlier, I don’t believe a tape exists therefore I ay 0% and I would probably still support Ford considering the alternatives to him...IE Chow. Give me a better candidate to vote for, perhaps a John Tory and I would be swayed.

The Star is nothing more than a tabloid

The Star is *not* nothing more than a tabloid. It is a long standing reputable newspaper, with respected journalists, that happens to have a left-leaning bias. Similarly, the National Post is a respected newspaper with a right-leaning bias. The G&M is a respected newspaper with a bias that is a bit of a rorschach test - it can appear left or right leaning depending on the reader.

The Toronto Sun is a tabloid, full stop. With a pretty good sports desk.

If a media outlet came out with a fabricated story about me smoking crack, my 1st reaction would be "Hell no, I do not smoke crack. You'll be hearing from my lawyers later today. I'm going to end up owning 1 Yonge by the time this is over."
As opposed to how Ford reacted, with a "Oh shit! Gotta go!" *hides*.

It's amazing that ford nation thinks just calling The Star a tabloid makes it so. The Sun is quite literally a tabloid, ripped off wholesale from the UK paper. They are currently soliciting information from readers on the girl who may have got robbie a little wet with juice. That's the level of investigative journalism they're comfortable with.

The Star is *not* nothing more than a tabloid. It is a long standing reputable newspaper, with respected journalists, that happens to have a left-leaning bias. Similarly, the National Post is a respected newspaper with a right-leaning bias. The G&M is a respected newspaper with a bias that is a bit of a rorschach test - it can appear left or right leaning depending on the reader.

The Toronto Sun is a tabloid, full stop. With a pretty good sports desk.

Agreed completely. Although I think the G&M's slant is dependent on the columnist. Some are fairly balanced, some are clearly sucking up for a Senate appointment.

As opposed to how Ford reacted, with a "Oh shit! Gotta go!" *hides*.

Exactly. After the whole "drunk at the ball" thing, he responded with a threat for legal action. This time, he cowered in his office. Not exactly the actions of an innocent man who's being defamed.

gweed:

Actually just how many times did he initiate ANY legal actions over the various blowups? As far as I can remember - zilch. One'd think that's rather strange for someone so innocent.

AoD

sixrings, I answered earlier, I don’t believe a tape exists therefore I ay 0% and I would probably still support Ford considering the alternatives to him...IE Chow. Give me a better candidate to vote for, perhaps a John Tory and I would be swayed.

oh i see, you "might be swayed". malvern you're such a tease!

anyway, i can see you're loving all the attention you are generating with your ridiculous and idiotic musings, so keep posting until we all lose interest in 'poking the bonehead'.

But then why not buy the tape then and there? The Star would have LOVED to nail Ford, and for 200k they could have. You’re going to expect me to believe they passed on that opportunity for what...moral reasons? The Star is nothing more than a tabloid, I don’t buy that for a second. Unlike you, I don’t trust everything people in the media (such as those belonging to a very biased “news” organization) claim to have seen, buy it, make it public and show it. Anything else is hearsay.

So you are suggesting that two VERY respected reporters (respected by their peers, including those at right-of-centre newspapers) and the editor of Gawker teamed up to frame Rob Ford?

Are you also suggesting that Bill Blair is also in on the conspiracy, given that it has been confirmed that conversation about the video was recorded by wire-taps of drug dealers?

And what is your explanation for Rob Ford's affinity to a certain crack-house on Windsor road?

I don't think the Ford brothers realize it yet, but their political careers are over. It doesn't really matter if you have a few people in Etobicoke who will continue to support Rob even if he gets carted off to jail. Toronto's right-wing establishment will not support them with money or political clout. They are done, so it really doesn't matter what a few suburban "wingnuts" demand to see as proof.

gweed:

Actually just how many times did he initiate ANY legal actions over the various blowups? As far as I can remember - zilch. One'd think that's rather strange for someone so innocent.

AoD

You're right. But even just the act of threatening legal action in the media shows that he had a little bit of fight towards the allegations. This time around, he didn't even do that.

You'd think for such an innocent man he'd have at least a couple libel suits working their way through the court system right now. Strange eh?

It doesn't really matter if you have a few people in Etobicoke who will continue to support Rob even if he gets carted off to jail.

...Or in Malvern apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back