1.4K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 400     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys realize that police officers typically don't write tickets for parking, right? That's under the purview of bylaw officers (meter maids) - officers on duty usually have more important things to attend to, though whether or not this particular one did (who knows) is up for debate

Also, for the normal everyday person yes it's a simple walk - but for the mayor of the city in the midst of all kinds of shit, I think it's more efficient to drive there for whatever business needs attending to. A 10 minute walk for us would be a 1+ hour or deal, what with people stopping to talk and asking for pictures and whatnot.

It also depends on where he was coming from before and going to after. I understand that it might be faster, but there's no excuse for a public official to park illegally. That stretch of Adelaide is congested enough.

Well look who parked right in front of FCP, on a no-stopping, tow-away zone:
dsc0243oi.jpg

I approached a Police officer, and brought this to his attention. His response was: "Oh, Okay".

Maybe Rob was making a cash withdraw? Say, hypothetically, $200,010? Do I hear $....20?

It also depends on where he was coming from before and going to after. I understand that it might be faster, but there's no excuse for a public official to park illegally. That stretch of Adelaide is congested enough.

Yup, I definitely wasn't excusing it - just saying I can understand why he'd drive even though most of us would bike/walk.

There's a lot of things that Rob Ford does that there is no excuse for...

Well look who parked right in front of FCP, on a no-stopping, tow-away zone:
dsc0243oi.jpg

I approached a Police officer, and brought this to his attention. His response was: "Oh, Okay".

Isn't that too close to the fire hydrant?

Next time don't mention who it is. Would love to see him freak out looking for his towed car.

You'd think a mayor employing someone RE: logistics could plan a better stop :)

Last edited:
Toronto VS Rob Ford campaign

After all the negativity over here for the past few weeks, it's going to be refreshing to talk about something positive. I got a sneak peek at what John Laschinger's team (Miller campaign) is working on for 2014. I'll tell you this: I choked up.

I was shown a concept of a campaign that might very well be a preview of what we'll see in 2014 to unseat Rob Ford. It's all positive. It unites Toronto and makes us proud of our city again. It's going to be powerful and I think it can work. While Ford will carry a gloomy cloud over him everywhere he goes, the anti-Ford candidate will radiate pride in our city and a message for the future. I think it will drive people to support the new candidate, including those who don't generally vote but are proud Torontonians. It's a simple message that will resonate with people of all classes and cultures, nearly identical to the populist anti-downtown-Toronto but in the opposite. Just like both Conservatives and Liberals come together in their pride for Canada, everybody from your downtown transit rider to your Etobicoke soccer fan will identify with this message.

The 1 minute video that I saw reminded me a lot of this Tourism Toronto spot developed to help Toronto recover from the effects of SARS:
[video=youtube;yUnmcez-a1g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUnmcez-a1g[/video]

I wasn't sure why they were leaking such a brilliant strategy but then I realized that just about anybody could use this concept except for Rob Ford. He can't steal it. His campaign is going to be about negativity and rely on lies. The campaign could come out tomorrow and Ford couldn't do a thing about it because he's already shown his hatred for the city and he can't turn back after burning so many bridges.

After all the negativity over here for the past few weeks, it's going to be refreshing to talk about something positive. I got a sneak peek at what John Laschinger's team (Miller campaign) is working on for 2014. I'll tell you this: I choked up.

I was shown a concept of a campaign that might very well be a preview of what we'll see in 2014 to unseat Rob Ford. It's all positive. It unites Toronto and makes us proud of our city again. It's going to be powerful and I think it can work. While Ford will carry a gloomy cloud over him everywhere he goes, the anti-Ford candidate will radiate pride in our city and a message for the future. I think it will drive people to support the new candidate, including those who don't generally vote but are proud Torontonians. It's a simple message that will resonate with people of all classes and cultures, nearly identical to the populist anti-downtown-Toronto but in the opposite. Just like both Conservatives and Liberals come together in their pride for Canada, everybody from your downtown transit rider to your Etobicoke soccer fan will identify with this message.

The 1 minute video that I saw reminded me a lot of this Tourism Toronto spot developed to help Toronto recover from the effects of SARS:

I wasn't sure why they were leaking such a brilliant strategy but then I realized that just about anybody could use this concept except for Rob Ford. He can't steal it. His campaign is going to be about negativity and rely on lies. The campaign could come out tomorrow and Ford couldn't do a thing about it because he's already shown his hatred for the city and he can't turn back after burning so many bridges.
Promoting an anti-Ford candidate is a "brilliant" strategy but an anti "miller" campaign was not, OK I guess.

How many PROUD Torontonians do you presume don't vote as opposed to disinterested Torontonians who don't vote?

Re Ford at FCP: as I see it, it's bizarre for *anybody* to park there even illegally unless they're (a) waiting to pick up somebody, or (b) a courier. Certainly not the kind of casual "stop here, run in and get something" one'd expect on a typical retail strip somewhere...

That's just excellent. A series of these with a positive theme that showcases the beauty and diversity of the entire city (not all downtown stuff) would be what a successful candidate could use in their campaigning.

Isn't that too close to the fire hydrant?

Next time don't mention who it is. Would love to see him freak out looking for his towed car.

You'd think a mayor employing someone RE: logistics could plan a better stop :)

I think the distance is 3m for a fire hydrant - this looks like more than 3m to me. The 3m is not for a fire truck to parallel park in the space, it is for trucks in the adjacent lanes to have access for their hoses.

btw, I do not se any no parking signs in the background. It makes sense to not allow parking - just saying I see no signs prohibiting stopping, standing, parking.

Do you know which candidate they're planing to run? Is it Laschinger or is he just the campaign manager?

Look at all those happy downtown lefties. Disgusting. Real Torntonians don't show joy. :rolleyes:

Keep in mind, a lot of the "folks" don't care about civic unity or pride. They care about their lawns, garbage pickup and low taxes. A good 1/3 of the city to be exact. This is not going to be a cake walk for Olivia Chow.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back