1.2K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 414     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well look who parked right in front of FCP, on a no-stopping, tow-away zone:
dsc0243oi.jpg

I approached a Police officer, and brought this to his attention. His response was: "Oh, Okay".

Well look who parked right in front of FCP, on a no-stopping, tow-away zone:
dsc0243oi.jpg

I approached a Police officer, and brought this to his attention. His response was: "Oh, Okay".

Is that Rob's or Doug's Escalade? I can't tell by the resolution. Doug kept a vanity licence plate long after Rob got rid of his. (They used to say ROB FORD, then DON BOSCO now it's a generic B--- ---). I believe Doug still has his plates (they refer to the family printing business), he passes me sometimes, even crept through streetcar doors I was exiting one morning last year.

Last edited:
Is that Rob's or Doug's Escalade? Doug kept a vanity licence plate long after Rob finally got rid of his, I believe Doug still has it (the tags refer to the family printing business), he passes me sometimes (and crept through streetcar doors I was exiting one morning).

It's Rob's, I saw him walking out of the car.

God, he couldn't even walk the 8 minutes (maybe 10 door to door) from City Hall?! The area is very dense and urban, which makes it a very tolerable and walk too. Lord knows he could use the exercise.

Was he carrying or picking up something? Because by the time he gets to his car and fights the traffic any time savings from driving are lost (not mentioning finding a legal parking spot, for obvious reasons...). Sorry, I just can't see the justification to drive such a short distance through such a congested area.

Last edited:
Did the officer know who's car it was? Did they write a ticket?
At first, I mentioned the fact that it's the mayor's car. Then I said that it doesn't really matter whose car it is - it cannot be parked there.
The officer drove away on his motorcycle, no ticket written.

The Officer probably did not want the media shit-show that might arise if Ford got ticketed. I wonder if Ford went to the LCBO that's located in first Canadian Place?

Speaking of which, is anyone keeping links to all the pics of Ford buying his mickey of vodka? I see them from time to time on twitter.

Was he carrying or picking up something? Because by the time he gets to his car and fights the traffic any time savings from driving are lost (not mentioning finding a legal parking spot, for obvious reasons...). Sorry, I just can't see the justification to drive such a short distance through such a congested area.

Seriously. You can walk directly between City Hall and FCP through the PATH without even having to turn a corner. He could have been there in even less than 8 minutes. Think of how much fossil fuel was burned dragging that giant vehicle up out of the parking garage, idling it at traffic lights, and then ILLEGALLY! parking it in front of FCP.

The Officer probably did not want the media shit-show that might arise if Ford got ticketed. I wonder if Ford went to the LCBO that's located in first Canadian Place?

Surely the one in the Atrium on Bay keeps a good stock of Prince Igor vodka for him? It's a much shorter drive.

Hmmm. I wonder.

I bet Rob Ford would be quick to call up Bill Blair's cellphone to complain and demand the cop's firing (just like he called up Byford after being called out by a TTC driver for passing a streetcar's doors).

As for the Atrium on Bay LCBO, without a lengthy detour, it requires an illegal turn at the Yonge/Dundas scramble crossing to park in front of the main door. Likely easier to exit Chestnut and go around via Queen, Bay, Richmond and Sheppard to where he parked on Adelaide.

Edit: Not that I expect Ford to worry much about such things as illegal turns, but it could get a real cop's attention. Plus trying that at Yonge and Dundas will get a lot of angry people who will soon figure you out as the Mayor of Toronto.

Last edited:
You guys realize that police officers typically don't write tickets for parking, right? That's under the purview of bylaw officers (meter maids) - officers on duty usually have more important things to attend to, though whether or not this particular one did (who knows) is up for debate

Also, for the normal everyday person yes it's a simple walk - but for the mayor of the city in the midst of all kinds of shit, I think it's more efficient to drive there for whatever business needs attending to. A 10 minute walk for us would be a 1+ hour or deal, what with people stopping to talk and asking for pictures and whatnot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back