523     0 
News   Jul 10, 2024
 432     0 
News   Jul 10, 2024
 638     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
it would be extra sweet if Ford takes Blair down with him when he goes. Which is inevitable, with or without the video. Is it just me, or does it seem like the reporters in this city are doing the job the police should be doing?

It is definitely true we are learning about certain crimes ONLY from the media because the Toronto Police seem to have a blackout on anything that might touch upon Ford.

For example we know that on May 21st. there was a home invasion at the drug den on Windsor Rd. Also on the same night there was a shooting on the 17th. floor of the Condo at Dixon Rd.

Here is a copy of the Police blotter for May 21st (published May 22nd.).

http://www.torontopolice.on.ca/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=6833

Notice anything missing? Notice there is no mention of the home invasion and no mention of the shooting! Why?

It is definitely true we are learning about certain crimes ONLY from the media because the Toronto Police seem to have a blackout on anything that might touch upon Ford.

For example we know that on May 21st. there was a home invasion at the drug den on Windsor Rd. Also on the same night there was a shooting on the 17th. floor of the Condo at Dixon Rd.

http://www.torontopolice.on.ca/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=6833

Notice anything missing? Notice there is no mention of the home invasion and no mention of the shooting! Why?

It is scandalous. People in this city just don't have a clue.

I would disagree. Smoking crack is highly unusual. Crack heads are some messed up individuals.

You still don't get it. This "crack scandal" has not damaged Rob Ford's support. If they had the actual video he's be done.... but they broke the story without the video... which did nothing to his support.

If people want him gone, they should start organizing, and lining up a capable person that can beat him in the next election. For God's sake his entire debating skill rests on a single phrase ("stopping the gravy train").

Let's find a good candidate (Smitherman is not a good candidate) and take him out in the next election. He isn't going anywhere until then. He has the police on his side and a core group of die hards. Stop wasting time on this latest scandal and start organizing to get a good mayor in there.
I don't think giving up is the solution. If Ford actually makes it through to the end of his term, he's won, in my opinion. He'll have legitimacy from that. I think it's very important that his mayoralty be a teachable moment (to steal a phrase from Oprah. Or Dr. Phil, or whoever) and that the ground is scorched and radioactive beneath him and his family until they're in their graves. This cannot stand. And it's not even the crack smoking. He could have admitted it and gone to rehab, and would have gotten past it. But this cover-up, and the fact that the web stretching out from it involves murder and gangs and conspiracies to acquire the tape---this is going to put him (and whoever else) behind bars. It has to. All the unanswered questions in this case seem to lead right back to Ford, and even with the cops on his side, once it starts looking bad for them, he'll be cut loose so fast it'll make his head spin (if it could).

In a perfect world, at least. I'll admit that there's plenty of reason for cynicism here. But sometimes we get lucky, and until he actually does end up getting elected again, I'm going to hold onto the shred of hope that in this case the bad guys will actually lose.

It is scandalous. People in this city just don't have a clue.

There are only two possible answers. The police are conducting their own serious snooping into Ford's conduct and need to keep certain information under wraps to avoid spoiling the investigation, or they're corrupt and are defending him. There really isn't a third option.

Well Warmington writes for the Sun, which isn't exactly the greatest paper out there, but he at least goes after the police with a passion. A few years ago it would have been unthinkable.... whatever the police said was gospel.

Our police care about their 100k a year salary, pensions, and above the law power. And we have a mayor that will do anything for the police (because they help him out). I strongly suspect the police got to the ppl with the video and that's why it will never surface.

All along I said the video would never come out... because I knew the police would be on the case to save their boy's ass. I never meant to say it didn't exist.... I meant to say it would never (EVER!) surface. And if it doesn't surface, it won't change the mayor's support. It won't be enough to get rid of him.

People have to get behind a good candidate.
If there is only one copy, I agree with you. If there are more, then I don't see how it can stay underground forever.

I've been holding back on posting what I'm hearing because my source is now twice removed from Ford's circle but I've heard this so many times in the past couple of days that it may just be worth talking about: Ford has been really upset since Sunday night. Like red faced furious upset, like shouting at his brother upset.

Now we probably know why Mayor McCheese has been so upset. Reporters have likely been snooping around the drug den he frequents since around that time. Fascinating. It's been established that his friends own the house. Neighbours report that drug activity takes places there regularly. And Rob Ford just happened to be there taking pictures with a highly suspect crowd. The Police got a lot of explaining to do... This smells bad.

After the G20 I have no faith in TPS as a force for good in cases like these, but I don't know what their relationship with the Fords is like. Is it truly plausible that the police would cover for them?

That's exactly when I lost some faith too, but to be fair there were police in Toronto during the G8 from all over Canada.
Despite Ford giving Police their increase, remember he then ordered Blair to cut back his budget by 10%.

More evidence of Police cover-up

Here is a list of ALL Toronto Police press releases between May 21st. and May 24th.

Again, no mention of the drug-den home invasion or the shooting on the 17th. floor of the Dixon road condo that occurred the night of May 21st.

https://twitter.com/torontanon/status/342528646390640640/photo/1

why would there be a press release about a home invasion? is there one every time a home is invaded? In that neighbourhood there's probably 200/year (see here... the answer is no, there aren't press releases when there are B+E's, because there's thousands across the city every year)

Yes - it's been posted 5 pages back

Just so I understand, you're saying that two news organisations, independently decided to completely fabricate a story

I'll stop you there and save myself some keystroke. No, you don't understand. You think with your emotions, not your brain. I never said they fabricated anything. They reported on their interpretation of events that were viewed on a 2 inch screen. Not exactly forensic science. Add to that the extreme bias and sensationalism surrounding the allegations and forgive me for wanting more proof before I hang a man's political career.

For example we know that on Ma 21st. there was a home invasion at the drug den on Windsor Rd. Also on the same night there was a shooting on the 17th. floor of the Condo at Dixon Rd.

This is all the proof we need. Any doubts about if TPS were covering for Ford are now erased. I hope the media notices this and starts asking some questions. And any investigation involving Ford should be done by OPP or RCMP

And your not concerned about Rob Ford's politics?

Are you not concerned about supporting a bigot? What does that say about you?

I don't condone any bigoted comments by anyone ever. Does that answer your question clearly enough?

why would there be a press release about a home invasion? is there one every time a home is invaded? In that neighbourhood there's probably 200/year (see here... the answer is no, there aren't press releases when there are B+E's, because there's thousands across the city every year)

For an armed and violent home invasion, I would expect a press release. The media repots them all the time. This was most definitely an armed and violent home invasion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back