173     0 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 982     1 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 1.9K     4 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
And what about those that voted for Smitherman because he is gay? Spare me the victimization. You know darn well that many on the left thought it would be really sexy to have a homosexual leading the city.

Sorry to break it to you guys, but there will never be a homosexual mayor in this city.

Im glad you figured it out. Everyone who voted for Smitherman wanted to vote for Ford but he wasn't gay enough for them. And why would there never be a homosexual mayor if the problem is people voting for candidates because they are gay as opposed to refusing to vote for those that are gay. That would mean that every mayor should be gay.

You are my selection for idiot of the day. Congratulations.

Last edited:
And what about those that voted for Smitherman because he is gay? Spare me the victimization. You know darn well that many on the left thought it would be really sexy to have a homosexual leading the city.

Sorry to break it to you guys, but there will never be a homosexual mayor in this city.

Are you threatened by something? Where did you pull this opinion out of? I'm willing to wager that you believe there will never be a black Mayor, a physically disabled Mayor or a female Mayor either. I'd never have believed that we'd have a dense, stubborn, close-minded bully as a Mayor - but it happened, so never say never. By the way, our Premier is a homosexual and a woman (the horror!). She's polling well and here's a stunner - she's appears to be quite capable despite being a homosexual. So how 'bout that 'eh?

I'm sorry to break it to you but: wow, you are really stupid.

among the large cities that have elected openly gay mayors: Houston, TEXAS.

please detail why you think there will never be a homosexual mayor in THIS city.

Seems to be a credible source - apparently Mike Smyth is a B.C. political columnist.

And amongst the left-leaning media, Ed Keenan, one of the best writers out there on local politics, has consistently been fair and even sympathetic to Ford. If Keenan is retweeting this, I'm sure it's credible.

Last edited:
Correction, it's Edward Keenan from The Grid. So Edward Keenan is retweeting tweets from Michael Smythe that contain something that Michael Cooke said.

In other news: http://swampland.time.com/2013/06/0...ly-makes-canadian-politics-interesting-again/

“During my time on his campaign and in the mayor’s office, I probably knew where he was about 50% of the time,” says Adrienne Batra, his former communications director who left to become editorial page editor at the Toronto Sun at the end of 2011. “He’d just disappear and you’d ask him where he was and he’d say, ‘Oh, around town.’”

Are you threatened by something? Where did you pull this opinion out of? I'm willing to wager that you believe there will never be a black Mayor, a physically disabled Mayor or a female Mayor either. I'd never have believed that we'd have a dense, stubborn, close-minded bully as a Mayor - but it happened, so never say never. By the way, our Premier is a homosexual and a woman (the horror!). She's polling well and here's a stunner - she's appears to be quite capable despite being a homosexual. So how 'bout that 'eh?

Toronto did have its first black deputy mayor, William Peyton Hubbard, from May 22, 1906 to March 30, 1907, so we were close. William Hubbard was also alderman from August 2, 1894 to August 6, 1902, and controller from May 20, 1908 to April 30, 1915. And associated with the Conservatives. His son, Frederick L. Hubbard, was chair of the Toronto Transportation Commission from 1929 to 1930. See this link.

Last edited:

"After almost a month of media saturation, gay marriage advocates Kevin Bourassa and Joe Varnell get married in a double ceremony with Anne and Elaine Vautour on January 14, 2001 at the Metropolitan Community Church of Toronto. The weddings, under police protection, gain world-wide coverage in the media and firmly launches the battle for equal marriage in Canada. The Ontario and Canadian governments refused to recognize the marriage, but a subsequent court battle results in an order to register the marriages, making them the first legal gay and lesbian marriages in the world."

[video=youtube;f63m38go91I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f63m38go91I[/video]

Getting OT - don't get baited by boogersugar - a known troublemaker on UT.

AoD

in a way it's bigger than morons like him though. Toronto is one of the most progressive cities in the world, and it is worth remembering that--in the midst of the dark disgusting spectacle that is the era of Rob Ford.
(a spectacle that will end sooner rather than later, even if 'sooner' is as late as next year)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back