109     0 
News   Apr 22, 2024
 851     0 
News   Apr 22, 2024
 289     0 

Roads: Ontario/GTA Highways Discussion

Google maps updated:

418.JPG

Google maps is using as well for directions, though the traffic layer is not yet working. It also presumes far lower speeds than actual for it in terms of travel time - it seems to assume about a 75km/h speed on it, compared to its more typical 113km/h for freeways and 119km/h for the 407.

How do you know it is 113 km/hr on freeways? Doesn't Google estimate based on the actual speed, whether it is 80 or 130? Because I don't remember reaching way before the estimated time even if I drive at 130 late at night.

How do you know it is 113 km/hr on freeways? Doesn't Google estimate based on the actual speed, whether it is 80 or 130? Because I don't remember reaching way before the estimated time even if I drive at 130 late at night.
easy to do the math. Put two markers 113km apart on the 401 and google will spit back a travel time of 1 hour.

8BD68152-D093-41E9-BE8D-084A55BA012C.png

Google has not yet updated Hwy 418/taunton road interchange (wondering how long it will take them to fix it...)
I did submit this feedback to google

View attachment 222729
Google has not yet updated Hwy 418/taunton road interchange (wondering how long it will take them to fix it...)
I did submit this feedback to google
If you look at the lower left-hand corner, the task of updating the satellite photos belongs to First Base Solutions and Maxar Technologies. Google did its part.

Looks like MTO is assigning numbers to 427 exits; saw a new sign for Valhalla Dr with exit number 4 on it.

Looks like MTO is assigning numbers to 427 exits; saw a new sign for Valhalla Dr with exit number 4 on it.

Preparing for the northern extension in a few years perhaps? With that extension, it will become a long enough highway that exit numbers may be warranted now.

Do other highways have an exit 0?
Here, QEW, Gardiner, and Evans would all get it.
As far as I have seen in NA, there is no 0 as it will be where that road ends/start or connect to. Some use mileage as a number either going up or down on the direction you are driving. Some use numbers only going up or down on the direction you are travelling or the same for both direction. Mileage is more common.

Back