News   Jul 19, 2024
 883     0 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 3.8K     7 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 1.2K     3 

Roads: Highway 401 Widening - Highway 8 to Highway 410 (MTO, U/C, Planned)

Might already be mentioned, but the WB 401 to NB Hurontario tunnel/ramp under the collectors is open - discovered this by accident in the rain yesterday, as I was in the right-hand lane, and still thought I had a long time to merge, when I found myself exiting!

I used the new SB 410 to WB 401 ramp last week -- the one that goes over the tunnel.

Also, a little OT but does anyone know what's going on at the Keele interchange? Looks like some work is being done there.

Might already be mentioned, but the WB 401 to NB Hurontario tunnel/ramp under the collectors is open - discovered this by accident in the rain yesterday, as I was in the right-hand lane, and still thought I had a long time to merge, when I found myself exiting!
Yeah, that one's been open for a month or two now! I think everyone is learning about it the same way.

That's always the best way to learn! =D

I used the new SB 410 to WB 401 ramp last week -- the one that goes over the tunnel.

Also, a little OT but does anyone know what's going on at the Keele interchange? Looks like some work is being done there.

There's a new ramp there? I haven't taken 410 south in a while. What happened to the old ramp? Or did they just modify it?

There's a new ramp there? I haven't taken 410 south in a while. What happened to the old ramp? Or did they just modify it?

I take the 410 to EB 401 almost daily...some time ago (measured in months) the ramp to the 401 WB was reduced from two lanes to 1....pretty sure it has stayed that way but there was definitely sumtin' goin' on there.

I came down the 410 SB to the 401 to go west to Erin Mills because I was in a hurry (used the 407 to get there) and I noticed the "NEW!" signs pointing out a new off ramp.

Maybe it's a modification, because that was the first time I ever exited the 410 to get on the 401 as I would normally take the 427.

I take the 410 to EB 401 almost daily...some time ago (measured in months) the ramp to the 401 WB was reduced from two lanes to 1....pretty sure it has stayed that way but there was definitely sumtin' goin' on there.

I used to take the 410 S to WB 401 daily...until I got tired of sitting in traffic of the 401 and realized taking local roads (Courtneypark) was usually faster.

I do remember the ramp being reduced to 1 lane though.

I came down the 410 SB to the 401 to go west to Erin Mills because I was in a hurry (used the 407 to get there) and I noticed the "NEW!" signs pointing out a new off ramp.

Maybe it's a modification, because that was the first time I ever exited the 410 to get on the 401 as I would normally take the 427.

I wonder what exactly is new then?

Great find. The before and after photos are impressive. And to think that a lot has changed in the few days/weeks since they were taken - such as moving the collectors and Hurontario-WB401 on-ramps to the new sections.

Since I very rare drive the 401 and stand to be corrected, there is a flyover & under before Hurontario going west.

The new collector will merge into the express lanes, west of Hurontario until Mavis overpass is modify for it.

The SB 410 ramp is a shifting of it so the existing one can be rebuilt to connect to the new collector lanes.

Since I will be driving this weekend, will try to take a look at this SB 410 ramp and flyover. Not high on my list of thing to be done before I head west of London for Boxing day family get together.

Wait-- what.

So the collectors now merges into the express only after Hurontario?!

Yep, although I believe it actually merges just prior to the Hurontario bridge. They made that change last week (Friday?). It crosses over the new under/overpass, and ends up as only one lane by the time it merges, so as you can imagine, it back up at all hours of the day and night.

Yep, although I believe it actually merges just prior to the Hurontario bridge. They made that change last week (Friday?). It crosses over the new under/overpass, and ends up as only one lane by the time it merges, so as you can imagine, it back up at all hours of the day and night.

You are correct on getting from the new collector into the express lane before Hurontario and I fail to state that.

The northbound bridge base deck is form for rebar to be place on it. With the good weather, contractor is ahead of schedule.

Well, at least the Hurontario traffic is siphoned off the 401 by the time it merges, so hooray for small victories.

New pic of the transfer:

401_cl_343_west_WB_open_Dec11_forum.jpg

From asphaltplanet.ca found on http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=190293&page=27

Back