News   Jul 15, 2024
 729     3 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 890     1 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 626     0 

RBC Centre (LEED Gold, CadFair, 41s, KPF/B+H/&Co.) COMPLETE

Re: RBC Confirmed Height

That gap is being left for the temporary Simcoe Place loading docks. Once the area to the east (currently being built) is open for loading docks the middle area will be dug up.

Re: Photo Update

Crane was being put up for the tower portion this morning!

Re: Crane is up

How's that? I didn't think they were going above ground level until the second half of the site had been dug out and built up.

It's definitly an average office tower based on initial renderings. In other words this sucker could be build in Tampa or Columbus with little fanfare. I personally don't see anything that would remotely lead me to beleive that artistic or architectural merit where involved in this. What's this about added floors down the pipe? Good lord I hope not.

Re: Photo Update

Indeed, Boggy. The final frontier - building office towers in our fair city that aren't "anywhere" buildings.

There was a very attractive night time rendering in the Star last week... I think this may turn out to be a lot better then most of the comments here. KPF will pay attention to the 'details'.

An exert from Simcoe Place Management:

Weeks of February 18 to March 30, 2007

Over the next few weeks the construction activities that will take place around the development of the RBC Centre and the Ritz Carlton are as follows.

Continue with excavation and rock removal from the north east side of the site.
Continue the rebar installation, and pour of the concrete slabs and columns.
Preparation for installation of Hammerhead Crane # 2 on the south east side of the site.
Commence with the removal of the trellis at the north end of the former playground and rework this area for the new temporary entrance and pathway.
Closure of the existing North entrance and pathway in preparation for excavation will take
place when the new temporary entry work is completed.
Continue with the excavation of the substructure at the Ritz Carlton site.
We will continue with updates on a regular basis as construction work on both sites progresses. Thank you for your interest.

Yes, Crane 2 has been erected! :)

rbc_centre_march_2_07.jpg

Wow, the demand for cranes is definitely catching up to us. Looks like they've run short on counterweights.

The south east corner now has columns above grade.

Won't this area get a little congested with cranes once the Ritz project gets started? I could imagine close to 4 cranes dangling things over this fairly small section of the city...

p5

^ Finally, a new ethnic neighborhood for downtown Toronto: Little Dubai.

re: Little Dubai

Well, not exactly. The tower designs aren't outrageous, and the guys who are building them aren't underpaid.

I can't wait til the rbc/ritz complex blocks the hideous citigroup tower from this view.

As far as I understand it RBC will be getting four cranes in total. However I'm not sure how many Ritz will be requiring.

Back