News   Jul 15, 2024
 769     3 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 917     1 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 639     0 

RBC Centre (LEED Gold, CadFair, 41s, KPF/B+H/&Co.) COMPLETE

B/A and RBC are steel construction, not sure about Telus tho.

There was a lot of activity on the Telus site today, but it doesn't seem like they have gotten much done these past few months

Dont forget the reason why "Yorkville" is "Yorkville" is because of the Four Seasons in the first place. It dregged the hippies right out of there and turned it into an upscale oasis.
I'd rather blame someone like developer Richard Wookey (whose early flagship, York Square, is a few years older than 4S). Heck, with places like Old York Lane and Lothian Mews and the proximity of Bloor Street's already-carriage-trade retail, the upscale-oasis jig was up even in the very midst of the hippie era. (Remember: a lot of those hippies were the sons and daughters of the Holt Renfrew/Creeds uppercrust...)

Re: Cadillac Fairview tower to end Toronto dry spell

At the same time, the style of the hotel and condominium requires that more space be dedicated to keeping guests, owners and staff at arm's length.

We wouldn't want guests forced to see the unwashed working classes after all!

Crane is up

There appears to be a crane at the site now.

Emporis has this building listed as 495 ft. and 48 floors, meaning each floor is about 10.3 feet. They also have Telus tower at 269 ft. and 30 floors, making each floor 8.97 ft. Sounds way off to me, as they usually are.

Re: Crane is up

No one would build an office building with 9 foot ceiling heights. Obviously a mistake.

I guess things move fast when you are your own financier.

495 feet would be about right if this were a 48 storey condo building. Quite surprising for an office tower to have such low ceiling heights these days.

RBC Confirmed Height

Michael

Good after noon, I would gladly clarify the questions you inquired about. The RBC Center is 42 Floors with a total elevation of 182.945 meters.

Regards,
Chad Alderson
Field Engineer
PCL Constructors Inc.

That would be 600.21 feet for those that prefer that system.

It seems various media sources keep reporting conflicting data, so I figured PCL would be the best source.

Re: Crane is up

In the press release issued by Cadillac Fairview the height was listed as 610 feet.

Back