News   Jul 16, 2024
 93     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 845     3 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 976     1 

RBC Centre (LEED Gold, CadFair, 41s, KPF/B+H/&Co.) COMPLETE

Only half the pit for it has been dug. They still have to remove the area where the temporary loading docks are for Simcoe Place. This corner is where the loading docks used to be. I figure they will get this back up to street level so they can move the loading dock back. Then they will dig the rest of the site out.

Re: -

^Thanks for the information. That would explain the confusion over how rapid the dig-out was.

At site right now. Crane up with a big 1 on it, indicating more cranes to come (not surprising). Excavation spreading to far side of site. Hoarding extended to cover lane of Wellington, presumably to allow for construction trailer and other equipment to be placed on old sidewalk.

It is amazing after years of debate and restarts on Trump and Sapphire which still haven't broken ground, that BA, RBC/Ritz, Four Seasons can move so quickly from conception to construction.

BA & RBC are both closing in on 20 years and Four Seasons is still a parking lot

It is amazing after years of debate and restarts on Trump and Sapphire which still haven't broken ground, that BA, RBC/Ritz, Four Seasons can move so quickly from conception to construction.

Dont forget the Ritz is the Former Trump...or is that vice versa.

I would bet 4S starts by next summer. The loyalty to that brand in Toronto is absolutely massive. And, it's the best location of any of the super-luxury projects yet (excepting maybe Hazelton)

And, it's the best location of any of the super-luxury projects yet

Across the street from that dreadful parking garage/shopping arcade? I don't think so. RC has the better location.

Now way.. 4S has the better location.

Dont forget the reason why "Yorkville" is "Yorkville" is because of the Four Seasons in the first place. It dregged the hippies right out of there and turned it into an upscale oasis.

Expect all the high end retail to follow the new Hotel across the street. And expand the posh of Yorkville Eastward.

I'm curious about the speed of development. Is it possible that office towers rise faster than condos? Different forces at work, I'm assuming. Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I figure somebody here may have insight into this.

I think if office towers use concrete the time going up would be the same as a condo.

But some office towers use steel and hence seem to go up a bit faster.

Ceiling heights are taller for office buildings - so if it's a floor a week (if both are concrete towers), an office tower will "rise" taller within the same time period.

Back