News   Jul 16, 2024
 122     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 278     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 1K     3 

RBC Centre (LEED Gold, CadFair, 41s, KPF/B+H/&Co.) COMPLETE

but the Ritz is definitely set back farther from the street than RBC;

If you are referring to the towers, you are correct. If you are referring too the podiums, you are incorrect.

The Ritz podium not only meets the sidewalk it cantilevers over a portion of it. Look at the renders I posted in the Ritz thread.

Btw, why is RBC building another tower? What's happening to the gold tower on Front St.?

This building is for RBC Dexia or whatever they're calling it - basically Royal Trust. I can't really remember for sure now, but I think they said they're moving over staff from the Royal Trust Tower in the TD Centre.

I got my Symphony 06/07 season tickets from Roy Thomson Hall yesterday. The slip of paper included said that construction projects would " eliminate many of the surface parking lots that are presently open." The examples they give are:

* RBC Centre begins construction Summer 2006.
* Ritz-Carlton Hotel begins excavation Fall 2006.
* Shangri-La Hotel begins excavation Spring 2007.

Fan-tastic!

I went by the site today, and the first beginnings of fencing and hoardings are up, immediately north of Simcoe Place, and the parking lot was being torn up.

My brand-new $350 camera is broken, so this will be an un-exciting update. But I stuck my head over the hoarding today (not easy - that stuff's like nine feet tall) and can report that they've done away with that enclosed walkway PATH structure that used to cross the lot north-south. What look like its former wall panels are neatly stacked in one corner. Scenes of general mayhem otherwise.

Also of note is the fact that the hoarding stops just short of the Ritz sales centre, which still appears to be very much in business. Anyone know if the Ritz can be considered under construction or not?

Now, I walk by the RBC Centre site on my way home each day. I do believe that the Simcoe Place parking garage extends over the RBC site - so, no excavation will be necessary. It doesn't seem that the garage extends over the Ritz site, though - so, excavation would be required there. Can anyone confirm?

"Simcoe Place parking garage extends over the RBC site - so, no excavation will be necessary."

I don't think so - I remember parking on the RBC lot when the underground parkade beneath Simcoe Place was being excavated

I doubt it would take three years to build a 43 storey building if the base was already complete.

Re: Cadillac Fairview tower to end Toronto dry spell

The RBC site has been divided into two. The western part next to the Ritz sales centre is now shipping access for the Simcoe Tower. The eastern section will be where they start digging.

IMG_7237.jpg

IMG_7238.jpg

Re: Cadillac Fairview tower to end Toronto dry spell

Went for a long lunch today and rode past the site, the excavation has begun. Earth is being moved!

I killed WHISTLER, call me Andrew.

I would love to see RBC Dexia Centre rising behind Simcoe Place in this photo. Anyone good at photoshop?

P7300033.jpg

No, but I have a knack for constructing buildings over night.

The skyline between the CBD and CN Tower is certainly going to fill in nicely over the next 5 years.

From last Monday.

IMG_7958.jpg

IMG_7960.jpg

UT's newest skyscraper geek joined me for a walk.
IMG_7964.jpg

Back