News   Mar 28, 2024
 1K     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 566     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 866     0 

Premier Doug Ford's Ontario

Throwing out a completely trivial post with which many people will disagree anyway, but I don't think brown dress shoes go with blue suits, to me they clash.

Black shoes all the way.

Brown dress shoes are for white/tan/brown suits.

I couldn't disagree more. Brown shoes and belt with a blue suit is a classic combination. Also, who wears tan and brown suits anymore? And who ever wore white suits, unless they're the owner of Rick's Cafe Americain?

You forgot to mention the hell no on Ford's black socks with that combo.

I know.....I haven't been on my laptop, just my phone and tablet and typing too much on a touch screen makes me want to throw the thing at a wall.

Agree on the black socks with brown shoes. I also hate loafers, but that's a matter of preference, I suppose.

After having a laugh at Trudeau explaining and Ford listening, replace them in the scenario with their senior female ministers Chrystia Freeland and Christine Elliott.

Forget affirmative action, should we even bother voting for male political candidates anymore ;) ?

After having a laugh at Trudeau explaining and Ford listening, replace them in the scenario with their senior female ministers Chrystia Freeland and Christine Elliott.

Forget affirmative action, should we even bother voting for male political candidates anymore ;) ?

Hahahaaaaaa....for real.

My understanding is that he had already resigned from the job at Humber River before DoFo 'won' the leadership race, so that, strictly, he is going from no pay to $348,000 per annum plus expenses. (I don't have an opinion on whether he or the job is worth that much.)
So, similar to Shelley Carroll, who stepped down to make her political run with Province.
Dr. Rueben Devlin stepped down and campaigned along with Ford to be the medical adviser.

So, similar to Shelley Carroll, who stepped down to make her political run with Province.
Dr. Rueben Devlin stepped down and campaigned along with Ford to be the medical adviser.

Sort of, but not exactly. Neither Carroll nor Devlin were at the end of their careers and could have chosen to carry on. (For instance, Carroll would still be a councillor if she had lost the run for MPP.) It is my understanding that, in contrast, he had reached the expected retirement point at Humber River in any event and was out from there before the job with DoFo came up. (Again, I'm not commenting on the merits of the mandate or his appointment to it, but it does not look like he stepped down from Humber River in order to take the job. That is why I do not buy the suggestion that he 'nobly took a pay cut to serve the people'.)

I'm not happy with a lot of the moves Ford is making, but he pretty much came as advertised. A lot of the early moves were totally expected (Carbon Tax, cancelling GreenON program, etc.).

Perhaps people are having buyers remorse already though.

Back